They have every license, they have every data available to them to make GT cars more than any other developer and they have probably the biggest budget than any other as well and are not dependent on anything really, and it will be out when it will be ready. The reason why it takes so long is because they are working on several fronts in the same time unlike any other developer so give the guys a break. They are professionals & they know what they do.

But that takes too long now with GTR3 that is true, sure. It seems that they don't know what they are doing if they really have all that old stuff available, I thought they've lost everything during bankruptcy, i'm sure that I've read something like that then few years ago when people criticized the RaceRoom physics, maybe this is totally different group of developers then? I also remember that RaceRoom was one of Simbin's projects, a free internet game...not so good then.

But secondly when AC was released it has just a great graphics (Eye Candy) but driving was horrible due to poor tyre modeling, it took about 2 years before they released driveable game updates (Tyre model 10). Now Kunos have ACC, which is still very poor game and also so slow producing but you believe it because they released early access version last year...oke. So should SimBin also release GTR3 early access that you believe it? Unfinished game is better than nothing, right? Oke. You are Beta testers for commercials companies but you hate unfinished private mods, right? Oke.

When SimBin released their GTR serie games, we bought them in DVD disc so those games were already finished and needed only a few small updates later, that's quality Kunos can't offer. Only thing that sucks with SimBin simulators are the graphics if you need super sharp photo graphics, those old Simbin games does not offer photo graphics like Need For Speed or Assetto Corsa.

Of course i'm currently mostly running Assetto Corsa because it's got a lot of good mods and it's pretty good today but it wasn't immediately good even huge hype around it then. At first it was so slipery without realistic grip, Tyre model 10 was to first good solution to solve that issue. Before that it was undriveable for me.

But anyway, if you forget the graphics so GTR Evolution / Race07 is the best sim ever made. I never have had any issues with steering wheel setups, that is very big thing for me as then with rFactor I always have some steering issues etc.

So i'm a driver, I like sims that offers the best handling and feel between tyres and the track, Simbin did it the right way. Eye Candy is only bonus and today one of the most important part of simulations, but earlier they didn't have game engines to handle better graphics and to handle better graphics we drivers didn't have as good PC's like we have now. GTR Evolution released more than 10 years ago, it is not relevant to compare it to today's sims no way.

So you laugh to GTR3 I do laugh to ACC and a lot, it is another never ending story...but you believe it...LOL

Yes, I could. Now all games are patch after the launch day. For example, ACC was patched after his launch day (tyres model but I'm not sure) while tyres model is developed with engineers. And I think that simbin realize all that possible for realize the best game so keep calm when you speak with a developer :thumbsup:

Guys, I've tidied up the thread and a certain someone is having some time away from RD. So if we can get back to discussing the deluge of details that have came our way from Simbin UK. :whistling:

So, can someone please explain again (unless a mod thinks this opens a can of worms, then let's avoid it, no worries) what the relationship is with Simbin to Sector 3? Are they 2 separate entities? If so, are Simbin the only ones working on GTR3? Thanks much.

what the relationship is with Simbin to Sector 3?
Simbin UK is separate from S3 although their CEO is Allan Speed brother of the boss of S3, I believe they have shared some cars but apart from that nothing. I would hope that after the hard work S3 Devs have put into RaceRoom they don't get entangled with the mess that GTR3 has become.
In fact I don't even like to see them appear in the same thread.:whistling:

It would be great that if you post that you have a new game coming out that it actually comes out in a certain time frame so you're not leading your customers on:p

Simbin UK is separate from S3 although their CEO is Allan Speed brother of the boss of S3, I believe they have shared some cars but apart from that nothing. I would hope that after the hard work S3 Devs have put into RaceRoom they don't get entangled with the mess that GTR3 has become.
In fact I don't even like to see them appear in the same thread.:whistling:
Interesting. Thought I heard something to that end a while back. Thanks for explaining.

The fact that they're just teasing us doesn't mean that there's NOTHING under the hood. I bet there is, a LOT.

If they're discussing "release window", it means it's almost, if not completely ready, and they're basically waiting for the right time to do it. Like some big racing event or something like that which will help in promotion etc etc. or they're waiting to see what the competition does.

But these guys are probably the only ones i trust they will deliver a good product. They have set the golden standard, it shouldn't be too hard to simply make it better. Come to think about it....how many of us still play GTR games? I do. All GTR3 needs is some updated physics and of course some eyecandy. Shouldn't be too hard.

Last edited:
I'm not even sure why people are mildly enthusiastic about this title now...
I mean, GTR was, as a base game, just about GT class right?
If so, we have the new version of that in ACC but that's getting slammed for 'only' simulating a single discipline.
What is it about another GT game that has people clamouring for it seeing as we technically already have it?
Just interested not trying to start a my sim your sim debate.
Disclaimer, I had GTR games, they are the reason, along with rFactor that I'm here now so I was just as excited about GTR3 until the revelation about the game being a stepping stone, and thus possibly a dumbed down sim, to Raceroom.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 3 27.3%