Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
– Time to “Get Real” again.
SimBin are proud to announce that a new GTR game is in the pipeline; the wait is over and development on the next installment of our multiple awards winning GTR series has begun. The title will take gamers back to the roots of SimBin style racing games, while offering a brand new take on the basic concept of “easy to drive, hard to master”, the hallmark of SimBin titles for the past decade.

SimBin will take a significant step up in both realism, visuals, and sheer immersion, offering players a completely new and unique experience based on the known and award winning simulation philosophy of SimBin.

SimBin will focus on continued support for the game through multiple new innovative online features and activities, in addition to a very comprehensive DLC plan.

The title is scheduled for release 2011, publisher TBA

For future announcements on the new GTR game, keep an eye on the GTR 3 forums here at RD.

My guess is based on how they phrased it that this is a New New game not just another Race 07 engine expansion. I would hope though that they would include at least half the expansion cars and tracks from Race in the new GTR game. Go Simbin go

I think the flags are what gave it away to me too, since they are the countries they are developed in... I at first thought they were just making it look like it was a race, but then I started looking at it when bram asked what track it was...

Hope we can see weather (rain) like in GP2. With a dry line on the track. Where overtaking was hard (had to overtake of the dry line). Also hope there will be a replay/movie director feature like "Driver" had. So you can edit you replay with framepoints to set camera positions. Make your own movie, upload to youtube.

GP4 was just awesome for whether. Off topic but apparently the codemasters f1 team has people who worked on GP3+4 in it. Anyway, if they stay true to this press release its going to be pretty awesome!!!! I agree with their "easy to drive, hard to master" quote, pretty much sums up my racing lol.

thanks SimBin for waiting so long with a nextgen title for PC (which I am sure this is going to be) It has given players like me, who don't upgrade their hardware every three months, a chance to enjoy good content for a long long time at reasonable prices. Looking forward to this, plan on buying a multi-core PC this summer when prices for directx11 compatability are down and windows7 is established. And then next year: graphic galore! (At least my slow slow laps will look better then :) )

Patrick van Driel;509378 said:
Sounds good, hope i never have to reinstall Steam..that will take days in the future.

make a local backup, you can do it from the menu. I have all mine on an external hard drive. or you can split the files to dvd size.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%