The problem is not that they are taking proper time. That's all well and good. The problem is that it really seems like there's still nothing to build the game on outside of some random assets. Outside of a single random image per year that doesn't really seem to be related to anything in particular and hyped up comments about doing a lot of meetings (as opposed to last year, when they were very hyped about doing a lot of meetings), we've seen nothing, and from what they are posting on the social media and what they have said in interviews, it really seems like they still have no licenses in place, no partners and not even a solid idea when the game is supposed to be launched. All that after several years of the same promises.

Some might remember I used to defend them quite a lot and was annoyed quite a lot by the apparent negativity towards the title from the community, but honestly, as time goes by, the information we get seems more and more...not sure how to describe it, "awkward" perhaps? When I saw this latest image and the accompanying post and comments from them, I facepalmed quite hard.

They should either have something more substantial to show/announce soon, or they should just work on the game and not say/post anything. I realize it's a bit of a damned if you don't, damned if you do situation, but what they're currently doing is not exactly winning them any favors... :(
I hear what you're saying for sure. So, not the best way to promote an upcoming game perhaps. But, we'll have to see how it goes. As for the talk about this being arcade or arcadish, we'll have to see there as well. It's a matter of perspective I think. We'll just have to see how it drives I guess. I'm still hopeful. If they can combine FFB, features, (you know, most games have these features, but not 'those' features etc) perhaps in the end we'll still get something great.

Honestly, i really wish them all the best and that they'll finally succeed with their plans for GTR3.
But my hope and interest in GTR3 has been replaced by cynism. I feel very sorry, that i can't take this project seriously anymore.

Simbin UK tweets 2018:

"We’re excited to be at Gamescom this week. We’ll share more detail on our project as soon as we can!!"
"We’ve had some great discussions at Gamescom which we’re progressing at pace."
"We’re aiming to release GTR3 in Q2 2019 dependant upon discussions in the next couple of months"

Simbin UK tweets 2019:
"Good day gamescom. Discussions continue with our partners today."
"...Keep following as we start to share more content"
"We’re in discussions regarding what will be the best release window..."

Simbin UK tweets 2020:
Well ..... you already know the story.:rolleyes:

This thought just occurred to me:

There's another recent release of a game that uses UE4. It could very well be that Simbin has been working on their title and been waiting to see/learning from that titles' successes/failures? To see reaction to it, etc. So, this could be a big reason for GTR3's delays. If they can capitalize on that title's shortcomings while taking it's best parts...We'll see ;)

I find ETS2 relaxing. I like to drive with my wheel, I'm not in a competition, I can listen to the radio/music (the best thing is when there's a sport event and I listen to it with the radio).

It's not for everyone, I understand, but I think it's really relaxing

This.

To me it's an excellent change for hectic racing where you have to be 100% concentrated all the time.

The comments on posts like this are often much more interesting than the teaser. :D

vGq1cGH.gif

9vskrASEBTyGxQsR8

I was starting to worry; there were no disagrees for a day or so, but now they are coming. So I feel better now. Let's me know that I'm still at the top of my game.

My thoughts exactly...ACC still feels very new and has not gained much popularity in the sim racing community. Now if Power and Glory 3 was coming out or maybe GT Legends 2...then I would be very excited.

Gonna have to disagree with you slightly my friend. Although there is probably a market for classic racing for most serious sim racers, it has no market in the wider gaming world, and no gaming distribution company would be interested or willing to risk it. All the people I know that race online are only really interested in modern F1 or modern open wheel, GT3 and that's it. The hardcore among us enjoy endurance racing I will admit though.

Don't get me wrong personally I would love a full Group C era game or DLC, rather than one or two cars. Project Cars 2 is probably the closest I can get to that Group C "24 hour" feeling at the moment which is still enjoyable but obviously it has it's faults.

As far as ACC is concerned I don't think it's entirely because of the GT3 factor. No triple screen, poor VR support and the online server system is not what they promised. Lots of whinging online about stability and the fact it doesn't handle like AC as well. Those factors I think have dealt a huge blow to the title more than anything else. I race on another league using ACC and most racers simply won't use it because they want triple screen support or they can't get more than 20FPS on their VR headset. So they simply don't bother. The kerb issues has been fixed which was of course another big minus for a lot of people. So I don't think it was just the content that was the problem.

However back on topic, glad that GTR3 is not dead an buried. I suppose because I used to race on GTR2 I still have a fondness for what SimBin created. Small dedicated team that made it to the top type of thing. Fingers crossed this does see the light of day (eventually! :) )

Apologies :D , but if Simbin is still discussing when to release "GTR3" it is no wonder they have nothing to show for...did they actually hire programmers and such ? I would suggest they start developing :) :roflmao:

Instead of posting hype teasers of a potential release date.....

How about informing us that you have a publisher and license first....than target a release date.

I truly hope Raceroom doesn't wait for the release of GTR3 to make it's move to the new engine.....cause that may never happen lol

My take....
If this image is real, then at least it will be built.
I say that because...
(a) The car has a Porsche badge...which you couldn't use without licensing permission.
Nobody would pay to license and then use it for screenshots...no matter how pretty they are.
(b) The shot looks almost finished...the model in it anyway.
In the case of the other piece of vaporware, no official names were attached, so a render was just that...a render.

...and just one more thing.

peter-falk-colombo.jpg

So, one more screen shot in two years. This game will not ever see a platform. "Not to distant future" can mean weeks or 5 years from now. I wish they would show actual gameplay and maybe do a DEV stream or two.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 44 86.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 16 31.4%