Besides the question if it actually exists I wonder what place this game has in a field where we Forza, upcoming NFS, ACC and PCars 2.

What does it bring to the table exactly? Cause it's been so long since GTR2 that the new generation probably didn't even experience it, so building on a franchise name works only for older people.
I'd imagine it is like grid 4 but more focused on gt or endurance racing or something like that maybe. More arcadey or simcadey physics and a decent career mode hopefully.

Ah, the annual GTR3 screenshot. It will not be a simulation, according to earlier SimBin interview:

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/exclusive-gtr3-interview.158617/

It will be arcade, or simcade at tops. Not a true successor to GTR2.

So not sure what there is to be hyped about, no matter how the graphics are. There's pretty looking arcade racers already on the market. Forza Horizon 4 looks better than any sim, present or upcoming. FH5 will probably repeat that, I mean if graphics is what you get hyped about

Last edited:
Then why not just get a game like the new NFS or others...What would GTR3 do that will earn them a place among all the big boys.

Frankly if it's just an arcade game they could have easily dropped the GTR franchise brand and name it something else.

I just don't understand the thought process behind this thing.

I don't think anyone does. Are casual players really looking for an endurance racing game? I don't think so. They seem to be struggling to get a publisher which implies publishers don't understand their thinking either.

Then again almost 10 times more people play ETS2 than AC and I don't understand that either.

They should just post a train, given the hype train we have been fed to date.
It's getting rather crazy, nothing tangible ever arrives.

The hype train started well with the initial announcement in early 2017. It was going to have even better physics than Raceroom, graphics from UE4, be focused on a real racing series (this was before ACC remember) and be a true successor to GTR2 with weather and day/night. Then ACC came along and we all wondered where this left GTR3. Then the leak that they had the WEC license seemed to answer that and hype reached a peak.

But the August announcement that GTR3 wouldn't be a sim, didn't have the WEC license, wouldn't focus on one real life series, still didn't have a publisher, sort of de-railed the hype train completely. Some haven't read the August interview and might still be hyped but for most of us I think there is no interest in GTR3 any more.

I don't think anyone does. Are casual players really looking for an endurance racing game? I don't think so. They seem to be struggling to get a publisher which implies publishers don't understand their thinking either.

Then again almost 10 times more people play ETS2 than AC and I don't understand that either.

ETS2 is on Steam still my most played game (by far), with almost 700 hours and almost half a million km's in my Scania.

That game (with Promods and Next Gen Graphics mod) truly is something else.

Since Simbin announced that gtr3 would be an arcade game on pc and console in order to make a lot of sales ... there are no great expectations except for those who want a game between gran-turismo, Forza and Project cars 2 ....

If the numbers are good in a more or less distant future they will move again to simulation ...

Since this announcement I do not wait for this game ... especially with the arrival of automobilista 2 and the current games (raceroom, rfactor 2, assetto corsa, ACC, dirty rally 2) there is plenty to do ....

It would have been wiser in my opinion that sector 3 and simbin are joining forces with their experiences to develop a modern raceroom 2 / gtr3 simulator that uses the best of every existing simulation to become the future benchmark for simracing.

Each to their own, if you like to pretend to haul kippers across Europe :p

I see it differently, at the moment I'm travelling from Israël to the North of Norway with a yacht, will make about 300k for the job and visit places in a simworld I'll probably never see in real life.

Add the joy of driving, and it's a game that offers way more than you think.

I find ETS2 relaxing. I like to drive with my wheel, I'm not in a competition, I can listen to the radio/music (the best thing is when there's a sport event and I listen to it with the radio).

It's not for everyone, I understand, but I think it's really relaxing

_99712712_gettyimages-639620990.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes