GTR Evo was the first racing sim I ever got. The next one was GTR2. Then came GPL, rfactor, F1 Challenge, NR2003, RBR, and many more.
Whenever I go back to these Simbin sims, I am blown away by their quality - Simbin did amazing work back then!

I think it's funny when people think of GTR Evo as a game, when it was really DLC for RACE 07 (if you used it's launcher you got a different interface though)

For me Simbim should put the cards on the table and say something concrete. On the image it looks like a GT car, we all thinking about GT3 who does'nt guarantee that it change focus to GTE (WEC) or GTLM (IMSA) after the "knock out" it received from Kunos with the license of Blancpain.

I was part of the GTR2 development team and I'm afraid none of them are working on GTR3.
Glad you mentioned that, I was reading some of the comments here on RD, praising the old Simbin and their merits on creating GTR2, when in reality 98% of the staff that was part of the old Simbin and had created GTR2, are now Slightly Mad Studios, you can see the game play features of GTR2 in the Project Cars franchise, which none are available in any title by Sector 3 Studio, who we know are really related to Simbin UK.

Last edited:
After all this time we are shown a picture and no words.

This kind of creating virtual hype might work for kiddies but not for grown men.

If marketing tells them this is a good strategy to advertise, they are deliberately dumbing us down. It´s not creating apetite, it´s just a reminder of what has been teased over and over and never was fulfilled.

If this is not meeting the specifications of a fraud then i don´t know. I like to underpromise and overdeliever. Not the other way around.

On the GT legends, I think GT3 is a hard enough sell nobody has classic lobby's in AC and if they do they are invariably empty. The people who are on this forum are not the usual gamers who like driving games, i doubt we will ever see a dedicated classics game again.

So? Simbin owns the franchise and can make a strict sequel of GTR3. The same exact game, with the same features and same licenses, if they want. The big difference is that behind the scenes there is also the experience of Sector 3 this time, but this plays in their favor. It means that all the good of RRE can be in GTR3, why the bad of pCars will stay out. :laugh:

Tell me more about that "experience" in features like dynamic weather, day/night cycles, etc...

Why they still have open key positions such as Senior Programmer and Physics Programmer and bunch of others in August 2018 if this game was supposed to be released in 2018?

Last edited:
How much money did you lost during this time? Zero. So where is the fraud?

A fraud does not have to involve money. It´s about being honest or not.
Has what you´ve been showed in the past about GTR3 met reality ?

Advertises are not honest. Quintessentially they are a fraud to stir up customers hopes, thats whats called a hype if you didn´t know.

We have seen a few pictures through the last year, we have heard reverberated engine sounds in 2012. Yet read through this thread and there are so many assumptions regarding content & quality.

Fueling our belief in the next step of evolution in simracing software with almost no facts, i must assume we lost our wits if we follow so blindly. We cannot pat the developers on their shoulders for doing nothing, or they will simply continue to go this route.

On the GT legends, I think GT3 is a hard enough sell nobody has classic lobby's in AC and if they do they are invariably empty. The people who are on this forum are not the usual gamers who like driving games, i doubt we will ever see a dedicated classics game again.

AC (and indeed other titles too) don't offer anything like GT Legends. I'm a historic racing fan but rarely race them in AC. As previously mentioned, I was on the GTR2 development team and know GT Legends sales numbers after 3 months were of a similar order to AC or PC/PC2 and far exceed sales of rF2, AMS or R3E. We also have bike and rally titles with tiny sales figures (on steam at least).

Of course if the GT3 license does prove the "hard sel" you suggestl and ACC flops then I will have to agree with you but I suspect ACCs success might surprise you.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 85 29.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 58 20.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 61 21.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.3%