Not keeping any hopes up for a GTR3. I already have several unfinished games (Rf2, AC). I was a team member at Pcars1 and 2. Rarely play them anymore. Still the most played game on my system is GTL. Why? Modding! The modding community has given us more cars and tracks than any game developer could ever afford or hope to give us. Yes it doesn"t have the latest graphics or all the bells and whistles, but still one of the best sims yet produced, and it came complete and ready to play!

WOW GTR2 how many hours I have passed playing it .... however when it was the last time they showed a teaser of GTR3? 3 years ago I guess, so I think we will wait more 3 years for the next one.

And if for once ... they were working silently ( without the usual commercial teasing now ) and release later a finished version ... for once !!!

As Chrisracer .... we may suspect most games, sold with Early Access and many promises, will mostly finish .... without being finished.

I have RF2 - Pcars 1 and Pcars 2 sleeping on PC.... but will never go to Pcars 3 ... RF2 has the chance to have found maybe a continuing story ( but for how long ? ) .... AC is surely the best finished one finally among those examples ... even if many features will remain absent. But modders are really doing great things to improve those absent features.

I wonder how many we are awaiting after so much time a really finished game ! :D
Maybe more than it seems to be ?

NB: I'm only ... dreaming, it became an ...utopia ! :(

If ACC got SRO partnership... then GTR3 needs IMSA partnership :D:inlove:

- WeatherTech SportsCar Championship
- Prototype Challenge
- Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge USA
to name a few.

This could be really cool!
Add to that list the Continental Tire Sport Car Series.
The list of tracks would be pretty awesome: Daytona, Long Beach, VIR, Laguna Seca, Detroit, Road Atlanta, Road America, Sebring, Mosport, Watkins Glen. That’s a game I’d happily pay $60 for on day 1!
And just like Race 07 had extra tracks, we could have Barber, Montreal and COTA too!

If IMSA would be covered in a game they would have shouted it out already. Not from GTR3 but from IMSA cause that series lives through sponsorship and at times being very loud by trying to get its product out there.

What I´m really missing since GTR2 is the possibility to check every lap you´ve done by a tool like motec. Specially when I started simracing it was a great tool and helped to find the info that you need to find good setups (and see how they work, or not) and learn a new track easily.
You could see all info from the car and your driver inputs (pedals-, wheel-position) at every point of a track and every testrun you´ve done and recorded.
Would be nice if such a tool could be part of GTR3.

2016-aston-martin-vantage-gte-race-car_100551156_h.jpg

Could GTR 3 become the ultimate GT3 @ Spa simulator, the only combo ever needed for simracers to lap over and over for the rest of their life ? After all GTR 3 minus R = GT3.

Is their really a market for another game with GT3 or GTE cars?Iracing,ACC.PC2 & RFactor pretty much caters to all types of Sim racers who want to race these cars.

If they really want to do something GT orientated GTR3 would be better if it was more GT Legends.Groups of GT & Touring Cars before GT3 arrived.
GT1
Super Touring Cars
Group A Touring Cars
Group 4/5
Group 2
Group 1
TransAm 80s/90s
TransAm 60/70s
60s GTs
50s GTs
60s Touring Cars
There are also some great older one make series like the TVR Tuscan Challenge,Minis,Honda CRX.etc.
70s British Special Saloons would also be pretty good.Who would not want to drive a VW Beetle with a Chevy,VW Fastback with a DFV or Vauxhall Firenza with a Repco V8.Would be pretty good if we could also do our own engine swaps.
Beetle.jpg

AC (and indeed other titles too) don't offer anything like GT Legends. I'm a historic racing fan but rarely race them in AC. As previously mentioned, I was on the GTR2 development team and know GT Legends sales numbers after 3 months were of a similar order to AC or PC/PC2 and far exceed sales of rF2, AMS or R3E. We also have bike and rally titles with tiny sales figures (on steam at least).

Of course if the GT3 license does prove the "hard sel" you suggestl and ACC flops then I will have to agree with you but I suspect ACCs success might surprise you.
I do think ACC will do well as they have pedigree, i personally love it and cant wait for it. I called it that because when someone tells me they are a 'Motorsports fan' they mean F1 and when i talk to them about GT racing or TC racing i have never come across anyone else interested..but when i went oulton park this summer it was Rammed so im more than happy if i am wrong.

GTR2 is still one of the best and complete games. The ability to race 100% seasons off-line and save the game as necessary, the great sounds of the cars, the feel of them....great game.

I hope GT3 still has that same recipe.

If this huge checkered flag might reveal a ..... Group C car ... I'd be more than happy !
Finally a huge field of cars C1 and C2 ... for nearly 10 years .... World Championship, Le Mans and Imsa.

One of my favourite era since a very long time .... I don't remember one single sim based on those cars ( except uncomplete mods of course or Forza )

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back