AC GTE @ Spa - Sun 29 Sep 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Looks like more Corvettes are needed.
In with C7.R, please.

I'll give the 458 another chance! kuno's 14????

I’ll take a 911 please Joel.

I think the 911 is disadvantaged at this circuit, the 30% does it no favour’s here.
But what the heck, when I get passed I will be too
busy listening to that wonderful sound it makes to
care one jot.:)

I will bring my “dinner plate” along too, I need something to eat my words off.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I remember my last prediction.:redface:

I'll try the BMW too please Joel

M3 for me please

Sign me up please! CR7

In with 458, please
welcomex10000.gif

I’ll take a 911 please Joel.

I think the 911 is disadvantaged at this circuit, the 30% does it no favour’s here.
But what the heck, when I get passed I will be too
busy listening to that wonderful sound it makes to
care one jot.:)

I will bring my “dinner plate” along too, I need something to eat my words off.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I remember my last prediction.:redface:
We've ran them with these BOP settings with @Bobby Pennington at the Host seat, and from what I can recall they are pretty balanced. The M3 might be a bit stronger than on other tracks but the rest of them should pretty much even. @Celtic Pharaoh (and a bunch of other guys) worked his ass off for these settings, and I'm gonna run them as they are :D

I was mainly thinking of the BMW M3, not had much experience with the others, but assumed the BOP would even it out. By the way it was not a complaint more of an observation.
Quite happy with the 911 as it is. It’s my favorite car irrespective of BOP.:)

Yep, the cars are about as balanced as they've ever been. It's not because I was in charge, but I like like to think the way I ran ithat people wanted to help, especially friends, and for 2 weeks they were busting their butts. Someone could tweak it from week to week, but that's to much work imo. BoP always gets a lot of questions and I'll let you know, even though they don't like the recognition, that @JoelK and The Ambassador @Celtic Pharaoh were the first ones there and usually the oast to leave. We also had @InsaneOzzie @raptor1958 and @Dirk Steffen along with myself. One of the funny things that came out of this is BREAKING THE DATA. Tariq and Joel we're running the LMP 1's one noght and they would exhaust all the combos of fuel, tires, boost etc. Just when they had it "Oh no Tariq, you broke the data":laugh::laugh:. And so it went for 2 weeks. Lots of tired, but fun nights. The GT2'S have been revisited a few times and they are pretty dang close imo:thumbsup:

Anyway, that gives you a little insight into the group of guys we race with, why my tenure went pretty well.....the members, and why I hold them in such high regard:inlove::thumbsup::)

Just to add what Joel and Bobby have said, the BoP settings involved extensive testing by a number of members within the club, comparing sector times, dependent on whether a sector was mostly straights, taking into account top speeds, and adjusting restrictor values accordingly.

In sectors mostly populated with corners, ballast was added. And finally, a balance of the two values together would be tested.

The BoP will never be perfect for every circuit, gaps between cars will marginally increase or decrease from circuit to circuit.

Even in real racing, its never perfect or 100% balanced (i.e.: Blancpain GT series / WEC). We can only try to minimise the relative performance differences between the cars but we'll never be able to eliminate them completely.

Last edited:
ALL DRIVERS - The race will now have 32 Gridslots, with us using the OSRW Extended Gridslots Mod, make sure you have installed before joining the race server, since it'll be using the mod.
Download Here
Sorry to be a pain Joel, the file name for this version is 'Spa', which already exists, so do I replace the original Spa folder... or do something else with it?

Can't find any info on the download page about this btw.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back