AC GT3 @ Road America - Weds 25 Sep 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Boys I've really really really screwed up. It's a long story and I can only text with my left hand.

I broke the upper part of my right arm right where the bone meets the ball in the shoulder. That bone is now stuck up in my armpit and will require surgery here in Florida. They may be able to fit me in today around noon. If that doesn't happen then the surgery will be Tuesday. This means I will not be able to race for a while, but hopefully I'll be able to join you guys on TS in a couple of weeks. In the meantime I can text / type with my left hand here at RD, but some functions are kind of if not impossible. This means shorter posts, but at least I'll still be able to interact which will be helpful for me and keeping my spirits up.

Have a great week and race guys. Any prayers would be deeply appreciated.

Boys I've really really really screwed up. It's a long story and I can only text with my left hand.

I broke the upper part of my right arm right where the bone meets the ball in the shoulder. That bone is now stuck up in my armpit and will require surgery here in Florida. They may be able to fit me in today around noon. If that doesn't happen then the surgery will be Tuesday. This means I will not be able to race for a while, but hopefully I'll be able to join you guys on TS in a couple of weeks. In the meantime I can text / type with my left hand here at RD, but some functions are kind of if not impossible. This means shorter posts, but at least I'll still be able to interact which will be helpful for me and keeping my spirits up.

Oh, Bobby - I am so sorry to hear that. I hope that the surgeons can fit you in right away and take good care of you. And I hope that you're not in too much pain.

Sending you good thoughts and wishing you a quick recovery!

Bert

Oh, Bobby - I am so sorry to hear that. I hope that the surgeons can fit you in right away and take good care of you. And I hope that you're not in too much pain.

Sending you good thoughts and wishing you a quick recovery!

Bert
Thanks Bert. The pain has been pretty intense so far, but they say once they operate I should see a huge difference. Right now it's like:D:D
https://binged.it/2kvcxje
2kvcxje

Aw man Bobby, I hate to hear that; you can't catch a break! We'll be thinking about you, jump on and talk with us when you can.

Oh, also, I completely forgot I entered my work's car show and it's this Wednesday. I don't think it will run long enough to interfere with the racing, but if I'm not there that's what happened. Worst case would just be missing qualifying, I think.

great to hear that @Bobby Pennington !!!!
you know whats easier on the limbs, flying! we did our first online group flight with 3 of us from 2old4forza tonight on IL2 and it was a hoot! perhaps some good physical therapy for you in a month or 2 :)
I'm to get it id it goes on sale like you've talked about. I won't be able to fly properly, but it'll be able to well enough to familiarize myself with some of the birds and some of the guys. Well that's the plan anyway :cool:

Well it pains me to say it, but there’s no way I get back from this car show in time to race, I’m sorry guys. Pretty disappointed, I love the track, I’ve been wanting to practice the GT3s, and I had tried my hand at my first really custom setup, but I guess it will have to wait until next time. :cry:

As requested by Bobby, I’ll post some pics from the car show later, but keep in mind this is just a small show in a fairly small town in Indiana, so keep your expectations in check! :roflmao:

I got home in time to watch the end of the second race, looked like a super fun battle between Scott and Brandon!

Ok, I'm going to post about a million car show pics after this, sorry to anyone that isn't interested in this and has to scroll past a huge post. If it's a problem, I'm happy to edit the post down to just links. Also, sorry the pics aren't better, it was a little tight and I just took what I could.

edit: looks like you can only do 10 pics in a post, so I'll break this up into 3 posts.
XFURH1f.jpg

idlBLVO.jpg

hZIveUg.jpg

4zHUc4A.jpg

tMS7VCK.jpg

xq5K6UM.jpg

This next one was the first "car" in Bloomington, Indiana:
ZPTdH7a.jpg

c2JxTjB.jpg

ZfAuaKf.jpg

This is a real vintage hillclimb car:
N1GXHTy.jpg