AC GTE @ Spa - Sun 29 Sep 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry to be a pain Joel, the file name for this version is 'Spa', which already exists, so do I replace the original Spa folder... or do something else with it?

Can't find any info on the download page about this btw.
Yeah I just overwrote everything when installing it, it has all the same files as the original one only that it adds those slots.

Boys if you've never been on an extended, oversized, or OSRW grid for a track with limited pit length (yes Spa has a super long pit irl, go figure :cautious::O_o:) what you'll find is the pits are kind of double stacked side by side:confused: Can't stress this enough: When you get in the race server, make sure you do at least one proper track to pit stall entry. Pay attention to about where you are distance wise down pit road and whether you are the inside pit or outside. You'll be glad you did. One last thing, you know the red brackets that indicate our pit stall? If you have 4 to 6 or more guys pitting at the same time as you, it's a PITA:cautious::mad: trying to figure yours out.

Good luck and have a great race gents. Anyone streaming live,please share a link:thumbsup:

• Deleted member 387850

I've recently been rediscovering AC and really enjoying it! My rig has changed quite a bit since I first started and coming back to AC it feels like a new game. Life in the old girl yet! Unfortunately the same can't be said for my driving :D

Sign me up please Joel! EDIT: I'll take the C7 please :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your accident @Bobby Pennington! Get well soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 387850

Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
You will be penalized if you break our rules.
I assume we're all sticking to this for the race? It's been a while since I've done a club race at Spa, but it's always common to see drivers take liberties at Raidillon, the exit of the unnamed T9 and through Stavelot. I think sometimes drivers miss this rule in the event post, and obviously IRL the lines here are routinely exceeded, but with them being such critical sections you get hammered if you're observing this rule when others don't. Just thought I'd mention it ;)

I always take the view that a race with 25 laps of spa
with 30 odd competitive cars, it is unlikely that in those 25 laps that you are not at some point not going to transgress the two wheel limit, on some of the corners, let alone Raidillon. But every lap is a big no no. That also excludes doing it on purpose.:)

• Deleted member 387850

I always take the view that a race with 25 laps of spa
with 30 odd competitive cars, it is unlikely that in those 25 laps that you are not at some point not going to transgress the two wheel limit, on some of the corners, let alone Raidillon. But every lap is a big no no. That also excludes doing it on purpose.:)

Absolutely agree, it's repeatedly or intentionally doing it that causes the problem. I'm sure at some stage we've all been behind a driver who's consistently cutting the top of Raidillon and you just watch them slowly pull away down Kemmel. I suppose it's up to drivers to report such instances, but I suspect precious few bother so I always feel it's best if everyone is aware of that rule before the session :thumbsup:

I race every week, so far I would say it rarely happens.
Craig is especially focused on this as a problem, policing it throughly.
I realise where you are in the race is the total sum of
what you see. So you could quite rightly argue that it is just from my perspective.:) But that’s is my point of view, in RaceDepartment AC it should not be of a concern.

Absolutely agree, it's repeatedly or intentionally doing it that causes the problem. I'm sure at some stage we've all been behind a driver who's consistently cutting the top of Raidillon and you just watch them slowly pull away down Kemmel. I suppose it's up to drivers to report such instances, but I suspect precious few bother so I always feel it's best if everyone is aware of that rule before the session :thumbsup:
We owe it to everyone to make sure we are clean drivers. Having said that, it's racing and we're human, so that's a cocktail for ninor mishaps As a driver and club member we have the right to hold one another accountable, but do it in a polite manner.

The way I approach it is this way: First what @Kek700 is how I look at it as well. In a race, if I'm behind a driver or in front of a driver for many laps and I see him repeatedly exceeding or taking advantage of track limits I'll speak up in ts, politely, and say Remember track limits Joe. They'll usually respond in a positive manner. Happens again? I wait until the race is over and send them a PM. I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble, just doing my part to help the host make sure we have fair races

If you get a negative reaction to the attempts listed above the next step is (I hope not) to let it slide or invite the host into the PM you sent the other member. Yes, they might get mad, but they created the situation. The host can usually handle it from here. This is also why it's good to save race replays .:D:D:D

Joel, thanks for putting me back in. I have just had a phone from the nurse, she is due here at 6.30pm, so I will have to pull out.By the time she is finished its a couple of hours rest.

I hope you all have a good one and the best of luck to you all :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back