AC GTE @ Spa - Sun 29 Sep 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Had a lot of fun, great race and thanks for organizing :):thumbsup:
First VR race with the HP Reverb - wow, it's really godlike! Not comparable with the Samsung Odyssey+, at all. But, technical requirements seem to bit a lot higher, too (I have Supersampling at 238 %, which seems to be the "sweet spot").
Didn't have any technical issues this time.. So I'm really happy that I finished the race :D
So many damn quick drivers, that was amazing :confused:
One question: How do I save a replay of the complete race session? Any special settings needed?

This was great fun with so many drivers on my favorite track. I hope we will do this again soon. Qualified 21th which wasn't bad considering the skills of the other drivers. Didn't use the supersofts though. Lost 2 places at the start but managed to keep out of trouble and at the end of lap 1 I was 15th. Then @Pe Ha tipted me in La Source ending in a 180 for me. (@Pe Ha : maybe you can drive a bit less agressive because in this race I saw you making contact with other cars on 4 occasions, the last one put you offtrack yourself). I lost a lot of places and found myself some 5s behind @GEO147 . Pity it didn't came to a battle because he went off track just when I was within DRS range. Then @Kek700 was close behind and after a few laps of defending I lost my nerves and made a mistake. In the last lap another mistake costed me another 2 places so I finished where I started. Thank you all for competing. More cars is more fun! And thanks Joel for making this possible.

Last edited:
I'll upload clips from my race as I record from my view in VR. I had some practice for a change on Friday and got a 2:17:9xx, but I just couldn't get it in qualifying or the race, must of been a head wind when I was on track ;):D

P12 qualiy, disappointing tbh. Into the first corner gave P10 enough space but he just opened up the steering and hit me.

After a couple of laps was P6/P7, has a great battle with @Celtic Pharaoh, we were side by side from alot of the lap, the clip looks really odd as in VR i cannot see him in my mirrors or rear cam, or when i look to the side, he is in my blind spot but i knew he was there, occasionally you can see him along side me. I don't use any usual apps like helicorsa or anything, I try to keep it as real as possible. However as @Chris Down said my tyres went yellow and just a tiny mistake and woosh i was off. Using Helicorsa probably would have helped as at Blanchimont I went to pass @BP around the oustide and i though i was past and we touched causing us both to spin. I'll review the replay but from @BP's perspective we were still side by side, if so my apologies.

Good though. I'll up load my clips later this evening.

• Deleted member 387850

I don't use any usual apps like helicorsa or anything, I try to keep it as real as possible.

I've absolutely no hesitation using Helicorsa, especially considering GTE has it in reality:

That said, I'm also using a single 34" ultrawide display and 31 deg FOV so I need all the help I can get to see what's alongside me!

Firstly, thanks to @JoelK for organising, as always, great stuff :)

[...]
@Emilio Solari at the last chicane, coming back on track at 90 degrees, straight into my side with around 4 laps to go. Luckily the damage wasn't serious and I kept it away from the wall.
[...]

Thanks all.

Sorry about that. I overshot the braking point and ended up outside the track. I was using "Crew Chief" that warns me about the blue flags but, in that case, while spinning I lost view of your car in the mirrors and thought you were more distant. I think I will put also HeliCorsa on top of that because it gives a better picture of the cars around you and helps prevent this situations. Happy to hear I didn't ruin your great race.

• Deleted member 387850

Sorry about that. I overshot the braking point and ended up outside the track. I was using "Crew Chief" that warns me about the blue flags but, in that case, while spinning I lost view of your car in the mirrors and thought you were more distant. I think I will put also HeliCorsa on top of that because it gives a better picture of the cars around you and helps prevent this situations. Happy to hear I didn't ruin your great race.

If you don't already I'd recommend having the track map on screen. It's the best way to see where other cars are in relation to you on track. Both Helicorsa and Crew Chief are great in a side-by-side battle, but they have too small a field of view when you're rejoining the track after an excursion, so by the time you know someone is there it'll be too late. With the track map you can spot a gap in the traffic and get back on track safely :thumbsup:

I've absolutely no hesitation using Helicorsa, especially considering GTE has it in reality:

That said, I'm also using a single 34" ultrawide display and 31 deg FOV so I need all the help I can get to see what's alongside me!

Interesting to see! In VR i can turn my head freely and see a lot, blind spots obviously are not covered. I might try it but I doubt i'd take to it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 326 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%