AC GTE @ Spa - Sun 29 Sep 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Clearly I'm too used to the GT3 tyres, because I forgot going to yellow for a while on GT2 mediums equals instant death unless you run the most conservative diff imaginable ;) Really struggled with the tyres.

Great pace and race management @Asterix, well deserved win!

Excellent race ! was very fun. Shame that porsche decide to park perpediculary on top of the raidillon for no reason,

If anyone has the full replay, i'd love to have it

@Henri Sinik ;thank you so much for the stream. You boys had an incredible battle at the beginning and then at the end.........WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! That was wild:confused: Even wilder tripping on pain pills and muscle relaxers:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Mr. Ambassador @Celtic Pharaoh sorry to see Lorena show up in the GTE class.That little bit of curb completely threw you for a loop. Very inspired drive back up towards the front.

@JoelK I saw your screen freeze at the beginninng and at the end from Henri's mirror. First one sucked, but that second one was wicked. You were right behind him and then exit stage right, you were gone. Great drive to second.

@Asterix all I can say is wow what a drive, It was nice hearing guys sound like me saying how, no way etc etc. Of course it was all in good fun, but you were quick.

@Chris Down nice to see you found pace with the BMW and it was hilarious in Henri's stream, after the race, listening to everyones reactions to you wing settigs:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Yes this is one of the track that gives the model t era BMW a chance to be competiitive, but I'll still stand by it.

Glad you guys had fun. It was great watching and listening.

Race starts 52:16, timestamp isn't working
That was an enjoyable race, with some nice battles and good clean racing at the start. I started P14 and finished P7, might of held onto P6 but I couldn't do much after pitting as I fitted mediums by mistake and it slowed me by around a second from my soft pace; lesson learnt, check the tyres before pitting!

Thanks for the race guys!

Last edited:
Manage a mid field qualifying, considering the quality of the field, i was most pleased with that, only managed to loose two places by the end of lap 1; that’s good for me:roflmao::roflmao:.
Then got lucky made three places by driving through the middle of an accident. That was the end of my luck.:(
Then an accident took me to the back of the field, managed to crawl back three places, accident number 2 put at the back of the field again.
Almost threw the towel in, but soldier on, ended up have some great battles, finally ended up behind @HF2000 Han and Brendon, good battle with these two.
Trying to over take the mirror image of your car is very difficult with Han in the same 911, every part of the track I was quick, so was he, after two laps of trying decided to settle for the place I was in.
Then noticed after a few laps Han was having problems with his tyres, so push him hard until he made a mistake, with his tyres, as they were, it was only a matter of time, it seemed imminent, and it was.
Managed to catch Brandon, but no way was I going to get by, so all in all very pleased in the end.
So from being close to giving up, I had a very enjoyable race. Thank heavens for a 60 min race.:thumbsup:

A big thankyou to everyone for a very clean and good racing, and of course a thank you to @JoelK for the organisation.:thumbsup:

• Deleted member 387850

Yep, good race everyone! I'd a pretty lonely second half of the race, but was giving it everything trying to close the gap to the car ahead. Congrats to the podium and of course everyone who finished. Good number of finishers, well done! Thanks for hosting @JoelK!

Firstly, thanks to @JoelK for organising, as always, great stuff :)

Very close Qualy with @Chris Down right up my chuff. I'd gone faster in Practice but couldn't seem to get it together in the actual Q Session, so kept thinking someone was going to put in a good 'un and relegate me back down the grid - luckily for me they didn't. All close though!

Chris & I (and I think @Birche was as well) were on Meds, with the non-BMWs all on Softs - so I'm fully loaded, 80litres, not knowing what Chris had and assuming that the others were going to be fuelled for a pit-stop around halfway, meaning I was going to be heavy and slippy, with them lighter and with more grip. I was expecting a really hard first half to the race. So I had to drive like a loon to try and get some space to let the tyres breath later on.

Very lucky for me, you lot started squabbling with each other so I could try and get some laps in before you came chasing. After some initial pressure from Chris, I managed to pull away and from then on it was tyre management all the way, dodging back-markers as best I could - Splashed & Dashed with 13 minutes to go and came out with plenty of breathing space. The only major scare was @Emilio Solari at the last chicane, coming back on track at 90 degrees, straight into my side with around 4 laps to go. Luckily the damage wasn't serious and I kept it away from the wall.

Was a solid drive, kept focused (which is a problem I have) and the car worked well without too many dramas.

Not going to win like that against a field of that quality very often, and one of the very rare times I finish in front of @Henri Sinik, he didn't record it...:rolleyes:;)

Thanks all.

Manage a mid field qualifying, considering the quality of the field, i was most pleased with that, only managed to loose two places by the end of lap 1; that’s good for me:roflmao::roflmao:.
Then got lucky made three places by driving through the middle of an accident. That was the end of my luck.:(
Then an accident took me to the back of the field, managed to crawl back three places, accident number 2 put at the back of the field again.
Almost threw the towel in, but soldier on, ended up have some great battles, finally ended up behind @HF2000 Han and Brendon, good battle with these two.
Trying to over take the mirror image of your car is very difficult with Han in the same 911, every part of the track I was quick, so was he, after two laps of trying decided to settle for the place I was in.
Then noticed after a few laps Han was having problems with his tyres, so push him hard until he made a mistake, with his tyres, as they were, it was only a matter of time, it seemed imminent, and it was.
Managed to catch Brandon, but no way was I going to get by, so all in all very pleased in the end.
So from being close to giving up, I had a very enjoyable race. Thank heavens for a 60 min race.:thumbsup:

A big thankyou to everyone for a very clean and good racing, and of course a thank you to @JoelK for the organisation.:thumbsup:
Can always count on you to do the right thing and finish a race. On top of that the other drivers, as well as yourself, wind up having some great battle's. Beats watching tv any day:D:D:D

Forgot and have been forgetting to thank @JoelK for setting these things up :thumbsup:

Was a great race enjoyed it a lot. Was hoping to battle it out with Han and Ernie but I started daydreaming as usual. Gona see if the doctor will prescribe me some Ritalin for my sim racing weekend's.
So if I finish strong at Nords next week you know I convinced him ;)
Thanks Joel for arranging and to the competitors for fair racing.

Started the race with heavy fuel load and mediums which was quite tricky combo as there was a train behind me and my car was acting like on ice.

In a pit stop changed for softs and car was very good after that. Lap times improved from 2:21s to high 2:18s so I was really happy with the pace. Also managed to pull few nice overtakes.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 312 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.5%