AC GTE @ Road Atlanta - Sunday 15th January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Afaik you would need to draw the power graph, then get the gearing ratio, with the difference in RPM between the gears means how wide your "marked in part of the graph" would be and then find the points where the power in the next gear is identical to the power at the shifting point.
Shift earlier and you'll have less power after shifting. Shift later and you'll end up wasting potentially more power in the next gear
Yup, nailed it.
In most cars it makes sod all difference really, but there are a few where the red line is stupidly far beyond where the power output drops quite a lot. MX5 and the M235i Racing come to mind... Even in those cars though, it's probably not a dramatic difference in speed/laptime but one advantage of "correct" shifts in them is lower fuel consumption, because of the way AC calculates fuel (just RPM*throttlefraction*carconstant).
At the risk of completely filling your screen with apps I've found sidekick very useful in finding the optimum gear change point. From the app...
Yup, I relied heavily on Sidekick myself. It fails (silently) for quite a few cars (mostly Kunos) which have bogus power curves in the UI JSON files which it uses. That's about the only time that I miss having CM, which can rebuild those files.

Last edited:
Car - Remaining (total)

911 - 2 (14)
chevy - 3 (5)
458 - 1 (4)
BMW - 2 (5)

Server is configured for tonight. Plenty of each car left for folks, let me know if you want to join or swap.

See you all later :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back