AC GTE @ Road Atlanta - Sunday 15th January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. Next Sunday we're off to Road Atlanta, for some GT/GTE/GT2/GTLM action!!

52501226231_4ff47ddd9f_o.jpg

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!
If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

-----

Need a warm-up or want to start online/multiclass racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5 +1 multi-class every Wednesday. We also run a practice server all week for both events.

Also next tuesday night (24th Jan)

-----

RoadAtlanta2017.png

• Practice Server: #3 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: #3 Race Department - Netherlands
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 80 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CET, 20:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Cars - (Restrictor/Ballast)
  • Porsche 911 RSR (30%, 20kg) Skins!
  • Corvette C7R (30%, 15kg)
  • Ferrari 458 GT2 (10%, 0kg)
  • BMW M3 GT2 (0%, 0kg)

Event details:
  • Track: Road Atlanta Updated!
  • Pit stop: Mandatory pit window between 10 and 50 minutes
  • Track Temps: 20C air/27C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty

Useful Links:

Post in the forum below, with your choice of car. See you on track! (Practice server is open to all premium members)

• Race Server Password: PM me/ Ask below
  • Practice Server Password: PM me / Ask below (as per Han's events)
Entry List:
  1. B. Walsh - 911 RSR
  2. @Alfred Wayne - Cheviette
  3. @JamKart - 911 RSR
  4. @cerebralvortex - 911 RSR
  5. @Shed 17 - 911 RSR
  6. @Programmer_Rich - 911 RSR
  7. @Chris Down - Chevy
  8. @dbx71 - Ferrari
  9. @robthesquare - BMW
  10. @Kek700 - 911 RSR
  11. @Reefabus - 911 RSR
  12. @Allan Ramsbottom - Chevy
  13. @Fiberoptix - Ferrari
  14. @The Almighty Snark - 911 RSR
  15. @Partick Eaton -911 RSR
  16. @gearwhine - 911 RSR
  17. @H_Belane - 911 RSR
  18. @thom462 - 911 RSR
  19. @L4de - BMW
  20. @Ronny van Rooij - 458
  21. ...
  22. ...
28 grid slots

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

Time to get back in the car for the first time in 10 months I think. One C7R for me please, Brian :) Thanks!

Is this multi-class or will the BOP make them fairly even?

The handicap for the C7R is a bit too much judging by AMEC testing where the 911 was always easily the fastest, but otherwise it looks relatively even, and will likely depend based on track what the fastest car is.

Time to get back in the car for the first time in 10 months I think. One C7R for me please, Brian :) Thanks!

The handicap for the C7R is a bit too much judging by AMEC testing where the 911 was always easily the fastest, but otherwise it looks relatively even, and will likely depend based on track what the fastest car is.
Nice to see the usual name in P1 again :D

Just kidding! (not really)

Awesome to see you back with us for a Sunday! :)

I was wondering that, as the RSR is faster over on the rsr hotlap logs. I know Celtic pharoah and a few other aliens put a decent effort into BOPing these for the Nurburgring. Were the AMEC tests with BOP or just stock? Super softs hotlap or stints?

I was wondering that, as the RSR is faster over on the rsr hotlap logs. I know Celtic pharoah and a few other aliens put a decent effort into BOPing these for the Nurburgring. Were the AMEC tests with BOP or just stock? Super softs hotlap or stints?

The AMEC BOP for 911/C7R which I think more or less everyone was happy with was:

911: +30kg/20%
C7R: +15kg/10%
488: +0kg/0%

So if the 10% restrictor is about right for 488 compared to the BMW, one would think something like:

911: +30kg/30%
C7R: +15kg/20%
488: +0kg/10%
BMW: +0kg/0%

The trouble is always what level of driver you're bopping for, of course. The 911 and BMW are definitely the easiest cars to drive since they are very responsive, and the 911 is also the fastest car by a long way: and even more so on tracks with lots of corners.

The C7R and 488 are more difficult since you have to use the torque a lot to convince the car to turn, but they are better in a straight line, which makes them harder to overtake in race pace, but worse in qualifying.

Something close to this should make it pretty equal between fast drivers, at least.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 126 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 66 6.8%
  • < 5 years