AC GTE @ Road Atlanta - Sunday 15th January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
First of all: great track!

The race was then somewhat complicated for me. I got a really bad start and then there were 3 or 4 cars in front of me that I might be able to overtake. But that would have been far too risky. I tried to win something with a spontaneously changed strategy, but that only worked out medium.
Great racing with Robert in the second half. :thumbsup:

Great event as always. :)

Forgot how bad the porsche was/is off the line. Such a highly strung engine! Luckily we were many :)

Really enjoyed the race. Battled with richard for a few laps, then BMW rob for a good 15 minutes before I eased off. We were going backwards to richard and co., tyres were taking a chewing and it was looking like an undercut would be the only way. No way to pass the bimmer on the straight!
@robthesquare Literally have that t- shirt. Gently up the inside to lap a car into T1 and the car just says no, wobbles and spins. Unlucky timing having to pass a car there :( Would have been interesting to see how it went.

This fortune gave me a clean run to the pits. Exited to another battle with @gearwhine. Got ahead and was able to properly get the shoe in on fresh tyres for the first time. Found enough clean air to catch richard, but a decent chunk still off @cerebralvortex . Congrats on the win Laurent!

Thanks to everyone for a great race. The different strategies made it alot of fun.

Well done richard on the podium spot.

See you at the next race :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Great battles, lots of luck, what’s more to ask for, was especially looking forward to my second half, after my pit stop. Seeing Brian go into the pits, hesitated, so had to start another lap with the view to pitting to, a moment loss of concentration, off I came, red tyres till I got to the pits.
All was over for me by then Brian was way down the road and posting good lap times, at least I got out of the pits just in time, from then on a lonely race.
I do apologize to Allan, I think he said he would let me pass, then I suddenly thought that does not sound like Allan, proceeded to faff, I think I ended up being responsible for his off. Sorry Allan.
Well done podiums, great race, I like these cars, well the 911, if we had ABS, the Ferrari and BMW too.:unsure:

This track never disappoints. One of my best GT races in a while. Action from start to finish. First half had me bringing up the rear in an RSR train. New liveries look good. I had plenty of time to start at them :p

Went for 1 pair of mediums for the whole race, and could have really pulled it off, but I spun midway through almost throwing away the time I saved. As a result, I found myself tracked down by Hank, which in the end lead to some great racing for the last 20min. Hope I didn't defend too hard. Tried my best to keep it fair without letting you past :)

Congrats to the winners and finishers. One of the cleanest races I've raced here with this group. Always a tight one here. Thanks for the good combo Brian! See you all next week.

whew! the lessons keep on coming for me... although i practiced a lot for this one, mistakes cost me dearly. first, i forgot to switch to medium tires for the race, and stayed on the same set of soft tires for the entire race. by the end, i was sliding all over the place, struggling to keep the ferrari on track. the ferrari probably wasn't a good choice for a beginner either... then, to top it all off, on the last section of the last lap, i ran out of gas. totally miscalculated the gas requirement.

man, that race kicked my ass ;-\ i sincerely apologize for throwing any one off out there and for kicking up all the dust storms...

paul, i saw that you were kind enough to try and wait for me to get back onto track after bumping me off at end of last straight... i thank you for that, but you should have kept going. i probably provoked the accident by braking too early, but i appreciate the gesture. my tires were fried by that point and i was just trying to limp around the track.

thanks guys, i think i'm gonna stick to just the wednesday 'beginner' (yeah, right) races for a while until i can get up to speed with AC.
cheers!

whew! the lessons keep on coming for me... although i practiced a lot for this one, mistakes cost me dearly. first, i forgot to switch to medium tires for the race, and stayed on the same set of soft tires for the entire race. by the end, i was sliding all over the place, struggling to keep the ferrari on track. the ferrari probably wasn't a good choice for a beginner either... then, to top it all off, on the last section of the last lap, i ran out of gas. totally miscalculated the gas requirement.

man, that race kicked my ass ;-\ i sincerely apologize for throwing any one off out there and for kicking up all the dust storms...

paul, i saw that you were kind enough to try and wait for me to get back onto track after bumping me off at end of last straight... i thank you for that, but you should have kept going. i probably provoked the accident by braking too early, but i appreciate the gesture. my tires were fried by that point and i was just trying to limp around the track.

thanks guys, i think i'm gonna stick to just the wednesday 'beginner' (yeah, right) races for a while until i can get up to speed with AC.
cheers!
Bad luck Dominic but well done persevering with our races.

Couple of things you might not know. You can change your pitstop strategy (ie. add a tyre change or increase fuel added) while on track racing. On most wheels it seems to be configured to the D-pad by default but can obviously be changed (I'd recommend testing in an AI race!). Also there are fuel apps that predict how much fuel you need to add to finish the race (sorry off the top of my head I forget which one I'm running but it's pretty accurate).

Last edited:
paul, i saw that you were kind enough to try and wait for me to get back onto track after bumping me off at end of last straight... i thank you for that, but you should have kept going.
Hi Dominic, that wasn't me who punted you off braking into the final chicane, I'm not sure who it was but I was waiting for Rob who I collected in my own incident when I got a wheel on the kerb at T1. Rob was collateral damage so I thought it only right to give him back position. You and Steve went by as I slowed for Rob.

Otherwise it was great fun at first racing with Colin and Steve, wrong strategy for me as I changed to softs at the stop, should have just re-fueled and left the mediums on.
Well done podiums and thanks Brian for organizing, more of this class please, love these cars.

Since I did many, many laps on the server and tried many changes on the setup, I'm very curious about the results of this event. So if it's not a big deal for someone to post it, I'd be very grateful.

Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_rsr_2017_jr_road_atlanta_2022_16-0-123-12-42-32.jpg

5 wide at the start. Porkers getting mugged off the line!

Relatively easy win after Thomas crashed into T1. I knew he was on another strategy (softs) and I tried to be consistent myself and not push too hard to not wear the tires out. I'm not sure which strategy was the best, I heard softs was faster after the race? Did you spin there Brian?

Qualifying wasn't great.. I'm having a hard time to get a perfect lap around here, I always mess up some corner costing me about 3 tenths.. I had 5 delta's way into the 1'18s and didn't pull it off.. It would have helped if I would have been on pole and kept the lead off the line for the strategy.

I took it quite easy during the race making sure the tires would last. On the other hand I'm not sure if aggressive driving matters that much for tire wear in AC. Never got the feeling it mattered that much. Tire temps would rise quite quickly though with this car when pushing hard causing lot's of sliding in following turns. I assume that would affect tire wear but I'm not sure. So I tried not to push too hard.

Good fun driving these cars around here. I like the variety in cars and tracks lately on RD races.

Last edited:
Relatively easy win after Thomas crashed into T1. I knew he was on another strategy (softs) and I tried to be consistent myself and not push too hard to not wear the tires out. I'm not sure which strategy was the best, I heard softs was faster after the race? Did you spin there Brian?

At the start (?) I didn't spin no, just a bit of a wobble lucky enough. But had 4 decent battles where time was lost by both parties :)

One of 2 battles with Richard here :)

At the start (?) I didn't spin no, just a bit of a wobble lucky enough. But had 4 decent battles where time was lost by both parties :)

One of 2 battles with Richard here :)

I wasn't sure from your other post whether you spun during the race or not. Pretty smooth driving there! Overtaking here is quite difficult. Isn't that moving under braking by the way? :p

I forgot to install the skin pack.. they look quite nice!

I'm interested in opinions of how driving style affects tire wear in AC :rolleyes:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%