AC GTE / GT2 @ Watkins Glen - Wednesday 2nd September 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
After 6 or so weeks of misery I'm here
tools.gif

but I can't:cry:
Sorry I haven't been around to muck up the threads, but I'll be back..........sporadically it seems. Miss you boys dearly:(

Great combo. You guys have a great race.

Cheers,
THE
Damn Yankee.jpg

After 6 or so weeks of misery I'm here
View attachment 403170
but I can't:cry:
Sorry I haven't been around to muck up the threads, but I'll be back..........sporadically it seems. Miss you boys dearly:(

Great combo. You guys have a great race.

Cheers,
THE
View attachment 403169
I have no doubt my friend....
terminator will be back.jpg

...and we all look forward to seeing you again soon, young whippersnapper ;)

EDIT: Hey Bobby, I usually leave some spare cars, so if you want to hop in one to watch/criticise/take the Mickey, then feel free any time! ;)

Last edited:
I’ll provisionally go for the Porsche please John.
Moving again, so I am hoping the internet will be moved to our next home by the 2nd..
It will be our third move for EE in twelve months. :roflmao:

I noticed you were on the practice server yesterday*. That was a quick move. Did you take responsibility for the t'internet, PC & rig, with the missus taking care of the rest (...equitable division of labour);):roflmao::p.

*You might want to put in a few extra laps on the practice server. Our arch-nemesis, JP, was posting some phenomenal lap times - faster than everyone (incl. aliens) in the last RD GT2 race @ Watkins Glen - with just medium tires :confused::confused::confused::confused:.

@Medilloni John, re David Niven. What were you trying to say:roflmao:?

To stop it being a grid of BMWs I'll take the Porsche please.

Name: JoshMont
Welcome Josh, you're in with the Porsche :thumbsup:

My apologies in advance if you're new to this asylum (memory isn't my strong point:p), but if you are, please have a recap of the rules (esp Golden Rule), Teamspeak, real names etc in the first two posts so it all goes well this eve. Sorry for the nag!

Last edited:
@Medilloni John, re David Niven. What were you trying to say:roflmao:?
"As I write, tears are running down my face", haha, that pic is... well, I can't unsee it:laugh::roflmao::laugh:

Dunno what happened with the time last night, but based on previous, it certainly won't be there tonight:laugh: Scarily, it goes through mediums like softs, and softs last half a lap, max ...which is why I tried the hards.

Did you see the notes re this version? I thought it was my imagination, but the kerbs seemed more forgiving in this one...
  • Fixed holes between road and T1 apex curb. You can now properly use the first stage of the curb with minimal penalty.
  • A strip of road on the outside of T1, T8, and T10 exit curbing will not cause a slowdown. This will allow you to hop the curbing a bit without penalty.

Last edited:
"As I write, tears are running down my face", haha, that pic is... well, I can't unsee it:laugh::roflmao::laugh:

Dunno what happened with the time last night, but based on previous, it certainly won't be there tonight:laugh: Scarily, it goes through mediums like softs, and softs last half a lap, max ...which is why I tried the hards.

Did you see the notes re this version? I thought it was my imagination, but the kerbs seemed more forgiving in this one...
  • Fixed holes between road and T1 apex curb. You can now properly use the first stage of the curb with minimal penalty.
  • A strip of road on the outside of T1, T8, and T10 exit curbing will not cause a slowdown. This will allow you to hop the curbing a bit without penalty.

I was planning on doing the race on softs - just as I've done for the last few times I driven the BMW. Now I'm having my doubts. Unfortunately, I mis-calculated the number of laps to test the softs on, it should've been over 15 laps, but I ended up doing 18:mad::redface:. Nevertheless, after 12 laps there seemed to be a significant drop off of performance. If red is your favourite colour then :thumbsup: :laugh:.

I always make a mess of T1, and I generally don't touch the exit curbs @ T8 & T10 with much more than the outside of the tires (unless I make a mistake), so I've not noticed the improvement - I'm sure there is though.

Really looking forward to this after driving those wretched Stock Cars in AMS 2 at Santa Cruz last night. At least I have a fair idea when the Corvette is losing traction!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.