AC GTE / GT2 @ Watkins Glen - Wednesday 2nd September 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
No it’s just quicker everywhere, I am nearly one second faster in the BMW compared to all the other cars. Some wear their softs better than others.
The Corvette is about the same as the rest but was getting a bit worn out so I think with some setting up it would be quick, but not near to the BMW.
This is obviously with me driving, so someone else may get easily more out of any of them I can.
Tested all four cars, fastest BMW, second was the Ferrari then with reservations the Corvette, then the Porsche. I just love driving the Porsche though.:)

would you trust the words of this man....
9DB5A0C8-C7F8-468B-B07F-6A6C6D326263.jpeg

Unfortunately it is an area which baffles me somewhat. The Porsche with a low wing really did not like the chicane.
You are probably right there.
The fast bump and rebound can make a lot of difference on the chicane, but the testing for it for just one race is just a nightmare.
It would be nice if there was a circuits of road bumps of varying size so you could test for it. Have done a lot of work on the Nissan which is really bad over raised kerbs, now I can run them very well. The Ferrari is very good out of the box for that, With some additional work.
At the moment, as far as I can see the BMW just has the ability to grab time throughout the whole circuit. The weight and restrictions in the hands of a average driver really tell with the Porsche. With no restrictions and weight penalties then the Porsche would comfortably have the legs on the BMW.
The Corvette is really quick here with the right driver, I just do not have the skill to get that from it.
The trouble with the BOP it works differently for different skill sets.
I am definitely faster in the bmw, I could probably give Chris a run for his money by being in an un-BOPPED Porsche vs a Chris driven un-BOPPED bmw. But I bet he would then go for the Porsche and I would be back to seeing him disappear into the distance.:(

@Medilloni John, is there any chance of setting the server to the normal daytime - with a bit of night blindness on my part & the pixelated distances in VR, I'm struggling to see where I'm going in the semi-darkness/dusk?

I think it would actually be even faster, the corners are where the BMW struggles compared to the Porsche for example, the Porsche is a lot more agile.

@Kek700 Ernie, I've just had a look @ the previous GT2 race @ Watkins Glen (old version) and the 'advantage' of the BMW isn't as clear cut as I once thought. @Raresch finished 2nd in the qualy with the 911, but had a flyer, not in a good way:confused::laugh:, in the first race. And Aki finished 2nd & 1st in the Corvette.

@Medilloni John, is there any chance of setting the server to the normal daytime - with a bit of night blindness on my part & the pixelated distances in VR, I'm struggling to see where I'm going in the semi-darkness/dusk?
That's odd Patrick, not sure what's going on there - just checked and it's totally clear for me, It's the same as I normally set it up... 11:30 daytime and clear weather ('cos my eyesight is crap too :laugh:). I wonder if it's anything to do with this being the new version... lighting changes or Sol somethingorother?

I can't see anything on the server settings that would mean it would/could change - so I'm open to any ideas for anyone struggling - set it for later in the day etc??

That's odd Patrick, not sure what's going on there - just checked and it's totally clear for me, It's the same as I normally set it up... 11:30 daytime and clear weather ('cos my eyesight is crap too :laugh:). I wonder if it's anything to do with this being the new version... lighting changes or Sol somethingorother?

I can't see anything on the server settings that would mean it would/could change - so I'm open to any ideas for anyone struggling - set it for later in the day etc??

Thanks for having a look John. I've just started the game up on my desktop monitor (from afar) and it looked fine. I then started up AC in my HMD, & it too now looks okay. Unless there is some fiendish quackery going on :cautious: :mad:, I haven't got a clue as to why I was experiencing the dusk effect.

@pattikins .
It’s difficult to come to any hard and fast rule due to Aki being such a quick driver, I ignored his performance as I am only interested in me, especially as I am about mid field pace, so I can generalise much better, if I was was an Aki I would almost certainly not be waffling on )
I have turned up for a race after testing on the online server and been a second off the pace with all variables the same. ( admittedly, does not happen often )
So I tested all four cars back to back for my results, but ran the Porsche with mediums due to the overheating problems I had with the car.
But because we have the advantage of two races I can afford to run softs in the first race, then if necessary run mediums for the second race.
I have all the times logged, but I do not think should put them on the forum.) :)

@pattikins .
It’s difficult to come to any hard and fast rule due to Aki being such a quick driver, I ignored his performance as I am only interested in me, especially as I am about mid field pace, so I can generalise much better, if I was was an Aki I would almost certainly not be waffling on )
I have turned up for a race after testing on the online server and been a second off the pace with all variables the same. ( admittedly, does not happen often )
So I tested all four cars back to back for my results, but ran the Porsche with mediums due to the overheating problems I had with the car.
But because we have the advantage of two races I can afford to run softs in the first race, then if necessary run mediums for the second race.
I have all the times logged, but I do not think should put them on the forum.) :)

I thought you finished fourth in both races?

If John won't let you post your results on the forum (Craig wouldn't :laugh: ), maybe you could try summat like pastebin (or whatever is the safest method of posting text online) & post the link.

I do not really in the end need to post them, just tell you the difference.
BMW fastest, Ferrari +0.8, Porsche +0.9 ( mediums ) , Corvette +1, ( I have not driven the Corvette much so it was a rushed setup, I think there could be good gains here given time.
I have usually mid field pace, not slow but not very competitive. But I tend to under normal circumstances rotate +- 2/10ths which helps a lot, do not under normal circumstances make many mistakes, also patient about my in lap racing.
Have been known to sometimes be the absolute opposite of above, we all have our off days.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Ps have put a lot of time into the BMW setup which may very well explain the BMW performance. And apart from the Porsche, explain the others.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.