AC GTE / GT2 @ Watkins Glen - Wednesday 2nd September 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I was planning on doing the race on softs - just as I've done for the last few times I driven the BMW. Now I'm having my doubts. Unfortunately, I mis-calculated the number of laps to test the softs on, it should've been over 15 laps, but I ended up doing 18.

Meh don't say that. I did a few laps (but less than 12) and was already set to go with the softs. Guess Race 1 will be my benchmark :)

Race server now live, the following cars are spare, IF you take one, please COPY 'n PASTE THE LIST LESS YOUR CHOICE. Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Spare @ 18:53 UK time

BMW - 2
Porsche - 1
'Vette - 1
Ferrari - 1

That was great. I might have been slower than anyone and finished more or less last, but I bettered my best time on the Glen on SRS. And nearly didn't get lapped in race 2 - had to let myself get lapped in the end as fuel was marginal.

Whoever it was that punted me at turn 1 in race 1 (you know who you are) I was disappointed you didn't wait for me. But meh, there you go.

All in all, great fun. Just wish I could be competitive.

Great combo @Medilloni and my patience with the corvette is starting to pay off as I only really had one moment of madness this time

Had two great races, first one trying to hang on to @Spilskinanka, second one trying to keep @thom462 at bay, but he got me in the final few laps as I was making a mess of my exits.

Sorry for the confusion @GEO147, chronic case of over politeness at work again :D

Really enjoyed that John, thanks for organising :thumbsup:

Race 1 was mostly about escaping, and I did that, so not much to talk about. :) Race 2 was a lot more interesting: got netcoded (I think?) going down the back straight, and dropped down to 10th. Made my way up to 2nd again, but then made contact with @640er -- sorry :coffee:

Came back through from 4th again to battle @Medilloni for the win, only for us both to find a stationary object in the final corners ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.