AC GT4 @ Road America - Weds 15th July 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
John, I'd like to switch to the Ginetta LHD, please. I can't get the Porsche to be competitive:notworthy:. Especially the fast right to the long straight where I have to lift in order to stay on track. With the Ginetta that turn is easy flat out. And I feel much more confident in the Ginetta. I've tried it and with the default setup I managed to get my lap times in the 'normal' 2 seconds behind you :D .

John, I'd like to switch to the Ginetta LHD, please. I can't get the Porsche to be competitive:notworthy:. Especially the fast right to the long straight where I have to lift in order to stay on track. With the Ginetta that turn is easy flat out. And I feel much more confident in the Ginetta. I've tried it and with the default setup I managed to get my lap times in the 'normal' 2 seconds behind you :D .

I thought for a minute you were talking about taking the long fast 180 degree right onto the back straight entirely flat but I assume you're talking about the kink after that one are you? :D

I thought for a minute you were talking about taking the long fast 180 degree right onto the back straight entirely flat but I assume you're talking about the kink after that one are you? :D
Yes. The Kink. But the Caroussel maybe with the SF70 with maximum downforce and supersofts tyres? :p

I found the same last time here in the porsche. Last corner too, couldn't get the exit speeds to use the straight line speed. I will also say I'm really bad a t driving porsches, the only one i like is the rsr 2017.

@Medilloni - I have to sign out of this unfortunately. Away with work.
A little break is maybe no harm. A bit burnt out with the driving so staying in a hotel now they've reopened. I've done 19000 km since the end of february in real life.. Not sure but i would imagine around that again in sim racing!

That's done Han :thumbsup:

I found that too with the Porsche (the long right hander), then I saw it was easily 15 kph faster before turn-in. Surprised at the low Maser numbers, the last race saw @Aksu and a couple of others comfortably matching the G55.

Set up I was using earlier was very close to std, which is amazingly good when you just drop the rr wing to 2 or 3 - I did try 0 and 1 but doubt I could keep it on the road for 25 mins:laugh:

Setup from tonight attached below if it helps anyone - as always, it's not the fastest by any means, and it's a personal choice thingy:) Not great on kerbs, did try lowering fst bump 'n fst rebound which seemed to help but not had time to go further, have fun!

Attachments

• Road America jp wip 14.7.ini
    1.4 KB · Views: 57
I found the same last time here in the porsche. Last corner too, couldn't get the exit speeds to use the straight line speed. I will also say I'm really bad a t driving porsches, the only one i like is the rsr 2017.

@Medilloni - I have to sign out of this unfortunately. Away with work.
A little break is maybe no harm. A bit burnt out with the driving so staying in a hotel now they've reopened. I've done 19000 km since the end of february in real life.. Not sure but i would imagine around that again in sim racing!
Sorry to hear that Brian, totally understand though, up until 2 yrs ago was averaging 50k mls a year, long stays away etc.

Good luck and hope to see you soon buddy :)

Yep out the box the Ginetta is really nice, jumped straight to my shortlist of favourites. I think as a relative newbie it's also nice to have something with a bit less power so things happen a bit slower and you can more easily work out what you need to do to gain time without flying off the road three times a lap.

I am not to good on this circuit, so I have put my efforts into playing with the three cars.
The Porsche is just plain difficult, thought the last fast right handed was me, I did a couple of times get it nearly flat. Basically got the same time for all three, but Porsche must have upset kunos because it really is not a good drive anywhere, I even struggle here with the G55, the Maser is really the nicest to drive. On some of the other circuits the G55 is a dream, here for me, not so. :)

I had a go in all three cars tonight. Surprisingly different!
The Ginetta is so damn slow in a straight line (even with low wing) but it seems to do a lovely job of making up for in the bendy bits ;)
It also handles very nicely.
The other two cars need a lift for that kink, as mentioned above. I'm not actually sure how much of that is cos they are going faster though.
Ultimately, I seem to be doing much better laptimes in the G55, plus it has the best fuel consumption (and infinite tyre life? :D) so I'll take an RHD please John :)

I had a go in all three cars tonight. Surprisingly different!
The Ginetta is so damn slow in a straight line (even with low wing) but it seems to do a lovely job of making up for in the bendy bits ;)
It also handles very nicely.
The other two cars need a lift for that kink, as mentioned above. I'm not actually sure how much of that is cos they are going faster though.
Ultimately, I seem to be doing much better laptimes in the G55, plus it has the best fuel consumption (and infinite tyre life? :D) so I'll take an RHD please John :)
@Medilloni Apologies for being so late.
OK then; Maserati please
Hmm early morning tomorrow and I did only few laps training. Oh well my vacation starts tomorrow so f*ck it. Ginetta LHD :thumbsup:

Thanks chaps, all done - and welcome Miika :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.