AC GT4 @ Road America - Weds 15th July 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks Raresch. I think the G55 is just better in the turns. And I don't even know where the 100 marker is there. I just judge from the asphalt about half way to corner entry.
It sounds like you have a memory leak from an app or something. Have you installed any new apps lately?

Can we go again? :laugh:

Great racing everyone. Congrats to @Chris Down for pole and the win. Great drive! Had incidents with @Spilskinanka on both races, did everything to avoid contact :( Ive had a look at the replays and honestly it looks like racing incident, both of us just fighting for track and be clean :ninja:. Race 2 was really fun, good battles up and down the field. Congrats to everyone who took part and finished.

This car feels fun to drive, small mistakes can reallty cost you, you can really push but needs respect and focus, hence much more closer racing. Thanks for organising @Medilloni! :)

Yeah, no issues Sheashant, was a tight move on that left hand kink and a tricky corner anyway. Somehow I managed to keep it together for Race 2 and kept hold of 3rd place, I knew Neil would get me if I made the tiniest mistake so I was very happy to keep him behind me for a podium.

Very close pace between us 5, check out the consistency on the results page!

Thanks Raresch. I think the G55 is just better in the turns. And I don't even know where the 100 marker is there. I just judge from the asphalt about half way to corner entry.
It sounds like you have a memory leak from an app or something. Have you installed any new apps lately?
nothing I am not aware of... Also, Bitdefender should have made the job, so I don't think there is malware. I've scanned with Malwarebytes also and after deleting some PUP, 2 months ago, I think I should be fine.

wait. I did install paint.net about 2 months ago trying to do a livery for AC, but chrome was crashing due to lack of memory when playing AC and ACC even before that.

I did also install MSI Afterburner and HWinfo64 and CPUZ and OpenHardware Monitor because I've did some overclock for the GPU and CPU (to extract more from ACC) and had to keep eyes on temps and voltages. I guess the monitors from the first 2 (those I use daily since than) are flooding the virtual memory?

Last edited:
Thanks for the workout @Medilloni :thumbsup: I'm done. This class is so much fun and damn intense. These "slow" cars put the field closer together and only having 25mins leaves you with no room for an error. Again super fun :D

I think I have to come back for a few more laps some day. Had a mid 13 on the board but messed it up in the last sector and after watching Chris onboard I saw so much room for improvement.

Hope you all enjoyed tonight's races guys, huge thanks for the turnout and congrats to the podium finishers :thumbsup:

So sorry I couldn't join for the 2nd race.... for the worst excuse in the history of the forum:p; I totally forgot I'd promised Mrs Medilloni a meal tonight - she was working very late... managed to avoid Armageddon by skipping the 2nd race and getting the *Tuna Surprise done. As I type, I am still alive, so it worked:whistling:

A bit gutted, not only did I forget the above^, I also forgot about; when moving AC to my spanking new ssd drive, I forgot the shortcuts to the server app and presets folder, and THEN for some reason I fueled up for an hour race:O_o:

*Recipe for Tuna Surprise available foc:p

nothing I am not aware of... Also, Bitdefender should have made the job, so I don't think there is malware. I've scanned with Malwarebytes also and after deleting some PUP, 2 months ago, I think I should be fine.

wait. I did install paint.net about 2 months ago trying to do a livery for AC, but chrome was crashing due to lack of memory when playing AC and ACC even before that.

I did also install MSI Afterburner and HWinfo64 and CPUZ and OpenHardware Monitor because I've did some overclock for the GPU and CPU (to extract more from ACC) and had to keep eyes on temps and voltages. I guess the monitors from the first 2 (those I use daily since than) are flooding the virtual memory?
Maybe it's chrome then. Some plugin or something. If you were to post this in the tech section there are some guys in there that would surely be able to give you some good advice to Fing the issue.

Still, my game crashed: "Unexped error " ... I hope @Locoblade I did not mess your race. You were like really close behind when the game crashed ...

Was that you in the Porsche that suddenly veered right on the long straight after turn 2? If so no not at all, just lost a bit of a tow :D

Overall I really enjoyed that combo, I think GT4 (or even just a G55 one make series!) needs to become a regular series like the GT3s, such a good fun car to race! Thanks again @Medilloni for organising!!

Race 1 was fun apart from the first couple of laps and last lap really, got caught up in the carnage after the kink on lap 1 and apologies to @hape who hit me as I was getting going again, I'd stopped at a 45 degree angle meaning it was impossible to look back up the track. I felt I was fairly tight over to the left with enough space on the right for others to pass as I straightened up to accelerate but looking at the replay its narrower than it felt and I didn't leave you many options. :(

Lap 2 was eventful, I came across a stationary Porsche on the outside of the last corner facing me well off line who seemed to have a blind panic moment and proceeded to do a donut turn right across my bows causing another crash which was far from ideal, but after that fairly incident free with a few good dices and got up to the edge of the top 10 until the last lap when I had my nose up the inside of "no surname Dean" braking under the Corvette bridge and we had a tangle due to us taking two different lines under braking I think, which then involved Joel on the exit and by the time we'd got going, five of us were together heading through the kink and down the back straight towards the final complex. That was never going to end well so apologies all round for anyone I inadvertently tapped, although I think I ended up last of the 5 over the line so served any due punishment I may or may not have deserved! Also realised when I got back to the pits that I'd worked out fuel load based on a 1m15s lap not a 2m15s lap, meaning I had enough fuel to almost do an hour long GT3 race :roflmao:

Race 2 was a lot better, started 18th (how exactly is the grid worked out because I'm sure I was behind a couple I finished race one in front of?), lost a couple of places I'd made up overshooting the braking point at the end of the back straight when I was pre-occupied with avoiding cars spinning in front of me but got up to 8th chasing down @Kek700 for about 8 laps which was enjoyable, got the gap down to within a couple of seconds but then had to back it off drastically on the last 2 laps and give up the chase when my reduced fuel load proved to be slightly too reduced (thanks for that fuel prediction AC :thumbsdown:), with only 3.9L to do the last 2 laps I had to do a lot of lift and coasting into corners and less than full throttle on the straight to cross the line with 0.1L remaining, luckily I had a 10s+ gap behind to play with :confused: :D

Last edited:
Oh and apologies to @Ken Bell who had a moment and ran wide going into the long fast right hander (carousel?) in the first race allowing me alongside on the inside just as he started coming back towards the racing line. I think we had a side to side brush of wing mirrors as I passed that didn't feel enough to spin you but then a couple of seconds later I saw in the mirrors you lose it on the exit so apologies again if I had an influence on that. :thumbsup:

First race was perfect for me :D started 13th with the Porsche and finished 6th :D but not only to my credit, this place I should split with @YobbaZ who kept the ginetta's behind him for half a race :) To be honest, I was thinking like we were team Porsche or something :))

Second race, @GEO147, nice race and nice overtake in turn 1. How do the Ginetta's brake so late there? :confused: :confused: Do I brake too early maybe? I was braking between the astfalt patch and the last meter plate, but the G55 where braking at the plate or even beyog that.
Still, my game crashed: "Unexped error " ... I hope @Locoblade I did not mess your race. You were like really close behind when the game crashed ...

P.S. I have this really weird thing with the PC recently, where my virtual memory gets fully loaded, and i mean 100% load with 95.5% median. The page file is managed by the the windows automatically, but it ends up having la 46GB or something. It will go bigger but I don't more space on windows partion.

Race #1 moved up to P17 -> P7 in first lap or two :roflmao: Then it was just all about keeping cars behind. Never driven these cars or this track so I was so lost on pace, but I had so much fun!

Well this might have been the most enjoyable event since I joined RD! Many thanks to @Medilloni and also to all the guys driving the Porsche or the Maserati. The different characteristics of the cars made very nice battles in the midfield possible. Especially race 2 was so much fun for me.

In race 1 I made some mistakes in the first laps which put me back to the field around 17th I guess. With some nice battles I managed to finish 8th.
In race 2 I had a very good start by following @Raresch in his Porsche. I was close behind him for the overtake in the Kink but I was surprised when he applied the brakes and to avoid a collision I went over the grass, loosing much speed and some positions. Then I got hit on the back in the Canada Corner quite similar like Vettel got hit by LeClerc last sunday. I think the driver should have obeyed to the golden rule but he didn't.
I had to wait until the whole field went by before I could safely return on track. After that I did some catching up and became last in a small train with @FischBoB (Porsche), @Stefano La Commare (G55) and @YobbaZ (Porsche). Together we had a very intense and very nice battle for almost 20 minutes in which I several times gained and lost positions. I didn't see the replay yet but I will certainly do that. In one of the last laps I could overtake Jens in the Kink but he was very good in the Porsche. Finished 10th in a very satisfying race.

The G55 was clearly the best car here and a delight to drive. I remember a race on Imola where this was less the case.

Apologies for the lunge in race one at the last corner @PorDallas, I moved over to the side so I didn't ram you up the rear, but then completely misjudged the braking point :rolleyes: tried to get up onto the grass, but it just wasn't enough. In hindsight I should have just backed off and tried to get a straighter exit since all I was going to accomplish was to compromise my run down the straight anyway

Really love the GT4 though, don't know if it's just my setup but it feels more fun than the GT3 and I could get the back-end slightly out of shape without it being brown trousers time

In race 2 I had a very good start by following @Raresch in his Porsche. I was close behind him for the overtake in the Kink but I was surprised when he applied the brakes and to avoid a collision I went over the grass, loosing much speed and some positions.
Really sorry for that mate. :( I've tried to take the kink in every way possible while lifting the gas but I always understeered into the wall. To apply a small touch brake was the only way I've found to take that corner. Sorrrrryyyy :(
I think it was @Raresch 's Porsche that was sparking madly along the straights, you must be running really low ride height? I thought at first AC was simulating some kind of debris that had been wedged under the car :roflmao:
Yes, that's the Porsche that steered right.

And yes, I was maximum allowed for the front and maximum possible from the setup on the back. Also, it felt more stable for me that way, I've had less poweroversteer and it was more predictable. Thb I've thought it was the Porsche itself that was so fast
Also, maybe that's why I was having bigger braking zones?
Was I making sparks or something? I didn't felt or hear anything.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 222 14.3%