AC GT4 @ Road America - Weds 15th July 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Might get that recipe off you John because I'm under pressure to cook something for the other half myself. :unsure:
Okey dokey George, here it is... and no, I didn't write it for you, typed it out years ago for our boys when they moved out:D:

Shopping list:
1 tin Tuna in spring water (not brine, it's too salty)
1 red pepper
1 red onion
1 small hot chilli
5 - 6 medium size mushrooms
4 - 6 cloves of garlic (depending on how hot you like it)
1 tspn Piri Piri seasoning
1 tspn Cayenne pepper
1 tspn Paprika
Black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil (NOT virgin oil, it's too thick)
Tricolore fusilli pasta - not the plain fusilli, it's quite bland
2-ish bottles of Becks beer

Note before you start - extra virgin oil has a low heat threshold, so careful not to fry anything, you're using the oil to transfer heat and the spices, not to get a sizzling disaster.

1. Open Becks, have a sip, tell Alexa to play heavy rock (or romantic ballads if the GF is near), don't worry, you will have time to play the air guitar during prep - best to chop everything before you start if you're easily distracted, as you know I am.

2. Slice the mushrooms

3. Chop the red onion and red pepper fairly fine (however you like them)

4. Chop the garlic and chilli very finely (Oliver, don't touch your eyes after this, remember last time?).

5. Select 'Stairway to Heaven', take a swig of Becks, cook mushrooms with a small dollop of oil in a large frying pan (you'll need room to fit the pasta in as well later), on a low/medium heat for 2 mins (enough to see it cooking gently, but not frying). Stir this to the slow music intro.

6. Add onions, cook for another 2-3 mins (well before the mushrooms look done), stir frequently.

7. Add garlic n chilli for 2 mins, all this time you should see the oil bubbling, but not frying - any frying and it's fookered.

Turn heat off after the quick 2 min garlic cook. Quick swig (or 5?), and now you should be near the end of 'Stairway for some air guitar practice - and please don't close your eyes whilst playing, most accidents in the home are in the kitchen, occasionally in the bedroom, but we won't go there.

Drain the Tuna thoroughly, add to the pan - spread it out on top of the mix so you can add the spices evenly over it. Now add the Cayenne, Paprika, good few twists of black pepper.

Now you're going to add what seems like a lot of extra virgin oil, about 2 tablespoons - the idea is to keep it all very moist with the oil, but not runny. When you add the fusilli later it will absorb/be coated with the oil.

Put the heat back on medium, add the oil and mix thoroughly (but gently, not to break up the tuna too much) while heating - if the tuna looks dry add a drop more oil - it should all look wet but not soaked. After about 3 - 5 mins it should be very hot to the touch.

When it's piping hot, turn off and let it rest for half an hour, turn gently occasionally to keep it moist - now put a pan on for the pasta, select another suitable air guitar track, I can recommend Sweet Home Alabama, or Free Bird if you're feeling energetic, those high notes take serious concentration.

When you've had your beer break and added the pasta, about 5 mins before the pasta is ready, put the heat on medium for the tuna again. When the pasta is ready (try it like we showed you how, not throwing at the effing wall again), drain completely and add to the tuna, stir like a mad stirring thing to coat the pasta with the oil.

You're done, enjoy! And if the gf's eyes start to water and is red faced when enjoying your spicy masterpiece, don't be a meanie, share your beer with her.

Last edited:
And yes, I was maximum allowed for the front and maximum possible from the setup on the back. Also, it felt more stable for me that way, I've had less poweroversteer and it was more predictable. Thb I've thought it was the Porsche itself that was so fast
Also, maybe that's why I was having bigger braking zones?
Was I making sparks or something? I didn't felt or hear anything.

Yep sparking like mad going up the straights, to the point where the sparks were seemingly coming through my car when I was in the slipstream. I'll try and grab a screenshot from the replay when I get home from work

Yep sparking like mad going up the straights, to the point where the sparks were seemingly coming through my car when I was in the slipstream. I'll try and grab a screenshot from the replay when I get home from work
Saw the replay of the first race (I don't have the second because of the crash) and i don't see any sparks from my car. I have sparks turned on in Custom Shaders Patch.

Saw the replay of the first race (I don't have the second because of the crash) and i don't see any sparks from my car. I have sparks turned on in Custom Shaders Patch.

Here you go, if you watch until the end you'll see yourself exit stage right when your PC crashed. I do wonder now though if perhaps the sparks were a glitch with my visuals as you can also see strange floating debris in this clip that seemed to be there for the second race, although yours was the only car sparking like that.

Last edited:
th.gif

I'm on my way John @Medilloni to your house, "hope" you both haven't eaten it all.:)

Here you go, if you watch until the end you'll see yourself exit stage right when your PC crashed. I do wonder now though if perhaps the sparks were a glitch with my visuals as you can also see strange floating debris in this clip that seemed to be there for the second race, although yours was the only car sparking like that.

hmmm. maybe you have other visuals in Content Manager? Maybe something even more detailed? MY Replay from the first tace is not showing and definitely didn't hear anything. But i Was on the lowest setting,

@Medilloni A new car option for the next GT4 race, maybe one to give the G55 some serious competition in the corners?

Last edited:
I gave it a short try on Road America and with standard setup (only tyre pressure changed) I was in my 5th lap 2s faster than my best lap time with the G55.
It's a delight to drive, it turns on a dime and The Kink is easy flat out but I guess there should be some BOP when we're going to use it in the GT4 event's.

Neil pointed out quite rightly I think that the corner speed of the G55 is lower than the Maser and Porsche. ( they have to slow to the G55 corner speed )
I can remember chasing a G55 last time on this circuit in a Maser and not losing but catching even including that corner. :)

@Medilloni A new car option for the next GT4 race, maybe one to give the G55 some serious competition in the corners?
Thanks for this Chris, saw it on the 'feature page' and will download asap - looks amazing. If you guys could have a play with it together with the G55 we can look at any potential BoP - hopefully we could get some Aliens involved for that.

Maybe initially, a single car event with it to get a feel?

Thanks for this Chris, saw it on the 'feature page' and will download asap - looks amazing. If you guys could have a play with it together with the G55 we can look at any potential BoP - hopefully we could get some Aliens involved for that.

Maybe initially, a single car event with it to get a feel?
How about a two race event on RoadAmerica with half G55 and half KTM and where every driver switches cars in the second race?

Neil pointed out quite rightly I think that the corner speed of the G55 is lower than the Maser and Porsche. ( they have to slow to the G55 corner speed )

The G55 seemed to be the class of the field at Road America though, despite being significantly slower on the straights so if it's not making it up in the corners either then not sure how it's quicker over a lap? Didn't have a lot of racing against the Maserati but certainly when I was following a couple of Caymans in the race they were slower through the corkscrew and through the kink to the point where I had to drop back a couple of car lengths coming out of the corkscrew so I could keep it pinned through the kink and have a chance of a run on them down to the sharper right at the end.

The G55 seemed to be the class of the field at Road America though, despite being significantly slower on the straights so if it's not making it up in the corners either then not sure how it's quicker over a lap? Didn't have a lot of racing against the Maserati but certainly when I was following a couple of Caymans in the race they were slower through the corkscrew and through the kink to the point where I had to drop back a couple of car lengths coming out of the corkscrew so I could keep it pinned through the kink and have a chance of a run on them down to the sharper right at the end.
On RoadAmerica I was 1.5 - 2s faster with the G55 compared to the Maser and the Porsche. But a big part from that was due to being able to go to the Kink without lifting which I couldn't do with the other cars.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 379 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.0%