AC GT3 @ Sveg Raceway - Monday 06 May 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for the race guys was great fun. First one I didn't spin in so I'm happy with that.

Well done to the fast guys.

Man, I love this track!! Thanks Craig! Finally a race for me without serious mistakes. In the first lap I got driven of the track in turn 3 by @pattikins wich costed me 3 or 4 places. @pattikins waited for me which was very decent of him :thumbsup:. Had later on bit of battle with @RobertR1 for a few laps but when he found the right pedal of invented the turbo:confused:he quickly got out of sight. Congratulations to the podium guys! :thumbsup: Very impressive lap times with the 650s. What is your secret? ;)

It was great fun and looking forward to see you all at Road Atlanta.

Yeah I would love to know the secret myself. I had no idea what to do setup wise and my tires were stone cold the whole race. Any tips appreciated.

Yeah I would love to know the secret myself. I had no idea what to do setup wise and my tires were stone cold the whole race. Any tips appreciated.

Personally 90% of the time I just run this setup: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gt3-car-pack-mugello.137709/

Then adjust gearing and tire pressure.

I run this app to keep an eye on tire pressures and ideal range: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/protyres.14030/

I have no idea what I'm doing setup wise at all so I just leave it alone. Exception being the setup that @Medilloni posted a while back from bathurst. I'll use that there.

Try as I might, I just could not get anywhere near race pace, I loved the track, but certainly need to learn it..I did not know what was coming next :(

I spent some time as a passenger, with several of you drivers ..there was some great battles :thumbsup:

Really sorry about the ending, that was totally might fault with wrong server settings :barefoot:

It was a small field, shame really because I would have liked more of you to try this track.

Congrads to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: as always superb pace....and congrads to all those drivers that managed to finish the event :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That happens eh, the tires in AC are not so good. All you can do is get the tire pressure right, pressure is way more important than tire heat in AC ...of course there are some exceptions to this rule, you do not want to run with tires in the red, this is why most drivers will move to mediums ...problem is mostly, once you move to mediums your tires will remain cold (blue) ..if this happens and it will 90% of time, just get your pressures right

So start on softs and get correct pressure. When you go over the start/finish line, you do not want your tires to be in the red, if they are, then go to mediums.

If you are using mediums, most of the time they will be blue ..there is nothing you can do about this, just make sure you get the right pressures.

Check track temps - 22c to 26c - softs MAY work - you need to test
Track temps 27c and upwards, most likely mediums.

Qualify - find out how long the softs will last you ..maybe you can qualify on softs? they will certainly give you more speed, sometimes softs will only give you half a lap before going into the red? ..if this happens you have no choice but to qualify on mediums..

Last edited:
Yeah a ran mediums with a full tank trying to be as smooth as possible and hoping to capitalise on mistakes. I think my quickest lap was 2.44 which is so far off pace. But I changed a setting on the 2.5 wheelbase which seemed to really help with feel of what car was doing and was never even close to a spin which is great!

I'll never be the quickest but if I can keep it between the kerbs I can go from there!

Guys in this club could give lessons they are so consistently quick.

I never got a chance to practice either due to the shader patch issue last night and the Snooker final today.

Yeah a ran mediums with a full tank trying to be as smooth as possible and hoping to capitalise on mistakes. I think my quickest lap was 2.44 which is so far off pace. But I changed a setting on the 2.5 wheelbase which seemed to really help with feel of what car was doing and was never even close to a spin which is great!

I'll never be the quickest but if I can keep it between the kerbs I can go from there!

Guys in this club could give lessons they are so consistently quick.

I never got a chance to practice either due to the shader patch issue last night and the Snooker final today.

Yeah, I never got much practice in either, I spent most of the time in bed getting really annoyed with my darn body. I actually thought your pace was decent tonight George..top five no, but maybe top ten, which is a lot better than when you first started racing here ...just keep going mate :thumbsup:

Love this track, far more challenging than it appears at first and really hope we have it again soon, thanks @Craig Dunkley as always, you are the track/car maestro :D

Garbage result for me tonight, lesson learnt, never spend a full day at the allotment then race... I was knackered:laugh:

Congrats to the podium guys, fantastic times, the replay is great!:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back