GT3 Car Pack @Mugello

Been thinking of doing this for a while so here it is. Base setups for the current relevant GT3 field.

I used Mugello. The track has everything, big braking zone, slow corners, direction changes, fast corners, off camber corners...the setups that work well here should work well everywhere.

The process was simple. Start from default, adjust gearing for the track, adjust tyre pressures for the track, TC off and ABS where I like it and off I went for some laps.

First step was looking at what the car can do on this "default" setup. Surprisingly, most default sets are pretty damn quick. Only the Nissan and AMG setups were way off.

Then I did what I usually do, make sure the aero is in its working range, make sure camber is ok, get the aero and mechanical balance where I want it and off for some more laps. I had a very -don't touch it if it's not broken- approach, I'm not touching any dampers and travel range. I'm not getting into any advanced stuff. I'm only fixing what is majorly not working. I'm not changing the personality of the cars...you will still recognize them. Big flaws only became small flaws.

Turns out all the cars can lap into 1.47s with very little work.

yOC2tZy.png

setuppack.png

The laps are reasonably quick imo. Some of them would we WRs as is, pretty much all of them would be WRs if done in the same conditions as current WRs.

Anyway, I hope this helps the ones stuck in a "is it me or is it the setup" place. Most likely, just DRIVE, that's where the laptime is. Have fun.

Uh can't attach .zip so pack is here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/enk1lh1sij09lnr/setups.zip?dl=0

Last edited:
Wow!
I love the GT3s but some little things were always bothering me but I was just too tired the last months do invest enough time to actually improve things without just making them worse.
But I also didn't want to bother someone else with that question as I have the opinion that if you want a better setup, you first need to be fast with the default (in Assetto Corsa the defaults are quite good as often stated) and THEN you need to be able to analyze what you want to change.
After that you can tweak the setup...

Well you did all that without even getting asked. I just tried a few of them and you did a tremendous job! :confused:
The cars are the same but just... better:notworthy:

Hands down man! Big thanks to do that for us :thumbsup::)

Been thinking of doing this for a while so here it is. Base setups for the current relevant GT3 field.

I used Mugello. The track has everything, big braking zone, slow corners, direction changes, fast corners, off camber corners...the setups that work well here should work well everywhere.

The process was simple. Start from default, adjust gearing for the track, adjust tyre pressures for the track, TC off and ABS where I like it and off I went for some laps.

First step was looking at what the car can do on this "default" setup. Surprisingly, most default sets are pretty damn quick. Only the Nissan and AMG setups were way off.

Then I did what I usually do, make sure the aero is in its working range, make sure camber is ok, get the aero and mechanical balance where I want it and off for some more laps. I had a very -don't touch it if it's not broken- approach, I'm not touching any dampers and travel range. I'm not getting into any advanced stuff. I'm only fixing what is majorly not working. I'm not changing the personality of the cars...you will still recognize them. Big flaws only became small flaws.

Turns out all the cars can lap into 1.47s with very little work.
setuppack.png

The laps are reasonably quick imo. Some of them would we WRs as is, pretty much all of them would be WRs if done in the same conditions as current WRs.

Anyway, I hope this helps the ones stuck in a "is it me or is it the setup" place. Most likely, just DRIVE, that's where the laptime is. Have fun.

Uh can't attach .zip so pack is here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbov1hixb0vd01a/setups.zip?dl=0
Out of curiosity, why did you choose Mugello instead of Barcelona? Do you find it "more complete"?

Out of curiosity, why did you choose Mugello instead of Barcelona? Do you find it "more complete"?
Both would have been fine imo. I liked having arrabiata1 to get a nice quick corner with some compression in it where it's dangerous to stall the aero. Barcelona T9 would not have highlighted that as strongly.

One bad thing about Mugello is that it really shows the 911 weaknesses. 911 performs better everywhere else.

Both would have been fine imo. I liked having arrabiata1 to get a nice quick corner with some compression in it where it's dangerous to stall the aero. Barcelona T9 would not have highlighted that as strongly.

One bad thing about Mugello is that it really shows the 911 weaknesses. 911 performs better everywhere else.
If i can ask, what's your experience in simracing and IRL? You are definitely well informed and the laps are clearly quick.

If i can ask, what's your experience in simracing and IRL? You are definitely well informed and the laps are clearly quick.
Been simracing on and off for nearly 20 years. Grand Prix 2-3-4, F1 2002, GTR Mod, RBR. I got more serious about setup and pace in LFS 8-9 years ago and raced at the most competitive level there for a while. AC came and I've been there since.

IRL I am a mechanical engineer but just a race fan. I understand physics well and slowly accumulated knowledge about vehicle dynamics over the years as a hobby, I guess enough to turn that into good laps and decent setups. Still feels to me I only scratched the surface though.:O_o:

Been simracing on and off for nearly 20 years. Grand Prix 2-3-4, F1 2002, GTR Mod, RBR. I got more serious about setup and pace in LFS 8-9 years ago and raced at the most competitive level there for a while. AC came and I've been there since.

IRL I am a mechanical engineer but just a race fan. I understand physics well and slowly accumulated knowledge about vehicle dynamics over the years as a hobby, I guess enough to turn that into good laps and decent setups. Still feels to me I only scratched the surface though.:O_o:
Damn that's a lot. Is there anything you'd suggest to improve my setups (books, selling my soul to the devil, leave my studies and go to mechanical engineering just for a hobby...)?

Maybe you should risk the offtopic? Because I would like to take part in that conversation between you two very fast guys too! :inlove:

im not getting in a debate on what is and isn't a set up, if there in here they are a setup, plain and simple or if not they get moved out..
anybody reading the thread can see whats written and can make their own minds up, to use them or not..
and im sure over time they might be improved and maybe new ones submitted..:)

@PhilS13 I was trying the mercedes at barcelona and noticed that the ride height is quite high. I reduced it by 1 cm (from 92mm to 82 mm) and i checked the wings app. The aero efficiency improved, diffuser doesn't stall and the aero increase under braking, as it should. Is there a particular reason that made you set the car so high? Maybe something that has to do with the suspensions?

@PhilS13 I was trying the mercedes at barcelona and noticed that the ride height is quite high. I reduced it by 1 cm (from 92mm to 82 mm) and i checked the wings app. The aero efficiency improved, diffuser doesn't stall and the aero increase under braking, as it should. Is there a particular reason that made you set the car so high? Maybe something that has to do with the suspensions?
No it was about aero. The front especially which would be a problem at 82 mm on Mugello. These setups were on the safe side and made to also work with lots of fuel.

The rear works very well over a wide range of heights so it wasn't crucial to keep it low. It's likely high only because the front needed to be high and I wanted to avoid weird AOAs, I would need to check.

Front at 82mm is probably stalling at T1 in Barcelona but should be fine everywhere else. No problem going lower. There is probably a few tenths to gain from it, even more so if you add packers to control the height in those few moments it becomes an issue.

No it was about aero. The front especially which would be a problem at 82 mm on Mugello. These setups were on the safe side and made to also work with lots of fuel.

The rear works very well over a wide range of heights so it wasn't crucial to keep it low. It's likely high only because the front needed to be high and I wanted to avoid weird AOAs, I would need to check.

Front at 82mm is probably stalling at T1 in Barcelona but should be fine everywhere else. No problem going lower. There is probably a few tenths to gain from it, even more so if you add packers to control the height in those few moments it becomes an issue.
Interesting, thanks. I'd need to check again, but i think that it doesn't stall at t1, which is good. Ideally i should lower more then, right? Once i see i stall, i lower the packers range to stop the car from diving under braking?

Interesting, thanks. I'd need to check again, but i think that it doesn't stall at t1, which is good. Ideally i should lower more then, right? Once i see i stall, i lower the packers range to stop the car from diving under braking?
Yes. There is a tiny window where you can use them to prevent stall while they still don't cause issues engaging on the outside while cornering.

Don't know how the packers work exactly but yeah, that's the plan.
Go as low as possible until it stalls at some spots. Then block the dips of the front with the packers and see again.
Somewhere will be a "perfect compromise" between too low height and too crazy packer settings.
Well, you could give the front sprints one click higher too at some point. I guess it's telemetry and try and error :p

Edit: ninja'd by the pro ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 108 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 203 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing