AC GT3 @ Spa - Sunday 3rd January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Z4 please

Welcome! Just a note: we require all racers to use their real name on the forum (in the "real name" field in your profile), and to use it in game. Please make sure you have that set up before the race or going on practice servers :thumbsup:

Please also make sure to read the rules in posts 1 and 2 :)

Last edited:
I have made it safe, less pointy at the front, so bear that in mind, if it is too unstable for you, add more wing.
I can take Eau Rouge flat in the Porsche with this setup.
if you can try your best to always have some accelerator applied, try not to coast in corners, easier said than done for me. :(
If the setup was for me I would do a bit of tweaking with the front ABR, diff settings and front splitter and rear wing, that is mainly aimed at Reik.
I am pretty hopeless with GT3, luckily I know why.:roflmao::roflmao:

:thumbsup:
PS @UHF79
Dave, it will at worst make a good starting point for you to try and make a setup that suits you.
Honestly I wasn't able to handle it at all. :O_o: But it might be me and my bad feeling for the Porsche (never really tryed it before). Then I made an own setup from scratch, which doesn't feel bad. You may have a look at, if you like to...

Thanks for these setups. Dabbled last night after work but I was not in the right headspace to give these a true go. I'm rather ignorant to setups and it was fun to try these back-to-back and I could immediately tell a difference from the vanilla setup.

A couple of changes based on your recommendations Ernie and your setup was muy, muy bueno. Had to bump up the wing to 16 and the ARB by one but, gazooks, what a blast this morning was. :D As for Reik's setup, this was also very good. Only needed to make the gearing changes Ernie suggested for it to be a great drive. I was cooking the rears with both setups but judging by other posts this is par for the course.

Overall, I liked both but I'm thinking Ernie's setup will win out for this weekend. Just feels a bit more stable and in-line with how I drive the 911 around Spa. Not sure with "aggressiveness" is the right word for describing how Reik's felt but I think it would make a great setup for Monza. :) Either way, these are two great setups to build from and it will be fun to utilize them in future races. Thanks again, fellas. :cool:

Last edited:
The last 2 sessions I tested the Nissan for the first time and ended with the following setup. I'm not happy with having to lift at Eau Rouge but in other places it's huge fun to drive. The Nissans seems very predictable and it's fun to attack a few curbs with it. In the end I was as fast as with the R8. And it's the only car I tested so far, which doesn't burn the softs quickly.

I know my gearing is a bit short but it's the fastest way for me, to take the last and first corner in 2nd gear...

Attachments

• r-V1.16.4-ab.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 51
I would like to join this race if I can. I would like to drive the Audi R8 please.

Welcome! Great to see a new face. I see you already set your real name here, which is great, make sure it's set that way in-game too. Other than that, read the rules in posts 1 and 2 and you should be all set. Looking forward to racing with you :)

Yes Reik, clearly not as quick as yourself, so I want a car with, almost perfect stability. The only thing I don’t like, on most, if not all circuits can never get the bleeding gearing correct.:unsure:

Any tips on tire/fuel strategy? Last time I drove the GT3s, they were still 45 minute races and you could do them on one set of mediums... Will this be soft - medium, medium - medium or just one set of hards?

Any tips on tire/fuel strategy? Last time I drove the GT3s, they were still 45 minute races and you could do them on one set of mediums... Will this be soft - medium, medium - medium or just one set of hards?

That might depend on how quick you are around Spa and on your driving style. I find the softs are difficult to manage around Spa. Others might not and I might not have much choice anyway, because I'm really slow on mediums.

I guess the best place to start is with the fastest driver. In a previous one hour race around Spa, Chris starts the race with 50 litres of fuel and adds a further 60 @ the pitstop. He finishes the race with 7 litres to spare, and completes the race on one set of medium tyres. I can do the whole race with 96 litres, but I'm a lot slower than Chris :mad:.*

*As it's better for the environment, I propose that we limit the race to 100 litres!**;):whistling::roflmao:
** Excluding the SCG

Last edited:
Thanks Chris I'm getting fed up of having to withdraw. I'll have to do some 20-30 minute races and slowly build up to 2 x 20's and eventually 60 minutes in one go.

Have fun everyone I'll eagerly await the post race chat to see what carnage was wrought by everyone
What car are you using Des? I'm pretty much in the same boat and have trouble concentrating for 60 mins without making a mess at some point, but I find something like the Nissan is a lot more forgiving as it tends to be a bit more understeer'y than some of the others, so rather than a complete wipeout I end up just doing a little off-roading

If I get my rig wired up today I'll probably ask to join in that car if there is still room

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 120 87.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 23 16.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 23 16.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 12.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 42 30.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 49 35.8%