AC GT3 @ Spa - Sunday 3rd January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
What car are you using Des? I'm pretty much in the same boat and have trouble concentrating for 60 mins without making a mess at some point, but I find something like the Nissan is a lot more forgiving as it tends to be a bit more understeer'y than some of the others, so rather than a complete wipeout I end up just doing a little off-roading

If I get my rig wired up today I'll probably ask to join in that car if there is still room
Yep. Nissan and the BMW z4 are kinda the easiest on my head too!
I like the z4 even more due to the nice overview from the cockpit and it's not as heavy afaik so a missed braking point will only cost time but you'll stay in control.

Worst for this are probably the McLaren, lambo, Audi.
McLaren is a bit beasty overall with the rear and you need to push to keep up the pace due to lack of top speed, lambo and Audi like to push wide after missed braking points so you wash out, go wide, overrotate and slide into the next barrier...

That might depend on how quick you are around Spa and on your driving style. I find the softs are difficult to manage around Spa. Others might not and I might not have much choice anyway, because I'm really slow on mediums.

I guess the best place to start is with the fastest driver. In a previous one hour race around Spa, Chris starts the race with 50 litres of fuel and adds a further 60 @ the pitstop. He finishes the race with 7 litres to spare, and completes the race on one set of medium tyres. I can do the whole race with 96 litres, but I'm a lot slower than Chris :mad:.*

*As it's better for the environment, I propose that we limit the race to 100 litres!**;):whistling::roflmao:
** Excluding the SCG

Thanks for the information! I haven't raced in a while so I have to get back up to pace a bit... But I might try the good old copy-paste someone's strategy and see how well suits me :p

What car are you using Des? I'm pretty much in the same boat and have trouble concentrating for 60 mins without making a mess at some point, but I find something like the Nissan is a lot more forgiving as it tends to be a bit more understeer'y than some of the others, so rather than a complete wipeout I end up just doing a little off-roading

If I get my rig wired up today I'll probably ask to join in that car if there is still room

It's not the car, I'm recovering from a slipped disc with two others bulging as well. It gives me nasty sciatic pain, on top of this it sets off an old neck injury which gives me a similar pain in my right deltoid and triceps.

I just need to build up slowly and have managed a couple of hour long sessions recently but this week I'm in too much pain after 25 minutes.

I usually use the Lexus

It's not the car, I'm recovering from a slipped disc with two others bulging as well. It gives me nasty sciatic pain, on top of this it sets off an old neck injury which gives me a similar pain in my right deltoid and triceps.

I just need to build up slowly and have managed a couple of hour long sessions recently but this week I'm in too much pain after 25 minutes.

I usually use the Lexus
Just for clarification: there's no Lexus for assetto corsa?
Are you normally racing in acc?

Anyway, I have two halfway dislocated discs in the lower back, luckily nothing else...
60 Minute races is the longest I can do without having some issues throughout the next day.

I've found that the most important, apart from a good posture while driving, is being able to change position while racing.

I'm using a wheelstand v2 and a good office chair where I'm blocking the wheels with some folded magazine pages.
I have two little back pillows, one left, one right of me that I can grab on a straight and stuff it behind my back to give my back some change of position.
I can only grab them but not put them back. So I have two that I just throw on the floor when going back to "office chair only".

Just for clarification: there's no Lexus for assetto corsa?
Are you normally racing in acc?

Anyway, I have two halfway dislocated discs in the lower back, luckily nothing else...
60 Minute races is the longest I can do without having some issues throughout the next day.

I've found that the most important, apart from a good posture while driving, is being able to change position while racing.

I'm using a wheelstand v2 and a good office chair where I'm blocking the wheels with some folded magazine pages.
I have two little back pillows, one left, one right of me that I can grab on a straight and stuff it behind my back to give my back some change of position.
I can only grab them but not put them back. So I have two that I just throw on the floor when going back to "office chair only".

My bad, in ACC I use the Lexus, in AC usually the Lambo.

I have a Sim Labs GT1 Evo with a wide bucket seat, I've added extra lumbar support and have been playing around with seat angle by adding washers under the front fixings. It's purely and simply a matter of time, it's getting better but slowly, in the past I've been able to work through the pain and free things up, this time, maybe age and severity of injury has made it a slow process. I couldn't walk more than 400 metres up until 6 weeks ago and now I'm back at work part time, riding my ebike a couple of miles twice a week and managing some sim racing. It'll all be good eventually

Hi All,
Could you sign me up to this please using the Mclaren 650s.
Thanks, Paul

Hi Paul, welcome! Just a note: we require all racers to use their real name in game. Please make sure you have that set up before the race or going on practice servers :thumbsup:

Please also make sure to read the rules in posts 1 and 2 :)

Worst for this are probably the McLaren, lambo, Audi.
McLaren is a bit beasty overall with the rear and you need to push to keep up the pace due to lack of top speed, lambo and Audi like to push wide after missed braking points so you wash out, go wide, overrotate and slide into the next barrier...

Yeah, the R8 is a bit idiosyncratic. If you're used to it, default setup will be fine for most tracks with only minor changes, but Spa is one of those tracks where you have to work on it a bit more. Suffice to say this is the first time I ever had to tweak the front camber, I think.

Also, completely unrelated, Rasmus, but out of curiosity, I noticed you have 3466MHz CL18 RAM, which I had never seen before. Is that a 3200 CL16 kit run at a higher frequency, or a lower XMP profile for a 3600 with really high CL?

Also, completely unrelated, Rasmus, but out of curiosity, I noticed you have 3466MHz CL18 RAM, which I had never seen before. Is that a 3200 CL16 kit run at a higher frequency, or a lower XMP profile for a 3600 with really high CL?
It's 3200 cl16 where I kept all timing on "auto" but put the frequency to 3466 mhz, yep.
I benchmarked the difference in acc and there were 1-2 fps.
I also found a timing setting that worked on the internet which was a tuned cl17.

Here's the full image of my quite intensive testing hehe. The 3466 with auto timings isn't in the sheet though.. Went for it a bit after doing all the benchmark runs.
If you're interested I can send a screenshot with all "auto" timings!
ACC_CoreScaling+OC+MemOC_10600k (1).jpg

As you can see the gain coming from 3200 cl16 is quite nice but I felt the custom oc wasn't super stable. Never had a crash but just didn't feel right to oc my cheap g.skill aegis so far..
But slapping it to 3466 with auto timings is stable since may 2020 and the gain is the same.
Note: these benchmarks runs where done at 720p with 50% resolution scale to take the graphics card out of the equation.

Last edited:
It's 3200 cl16 where I kept all timing on "auto" but put the frequency to 3466 mhz, yep.
I benchmarked the difference in acc and there were 1-2 fps.
I also found a timing setting that worked on the internet which was a tuned cl17.

Here's the full image of my quite intensive testing hehe. The 3466 with auto timings isn't in the sheet though.. Went for it a bit after doing all the benchmark runs.
If you're interested I can send a screenshot with all "auto" timings!
View attachment 432628

As you can see the gain coming from 3200 cl16 is quite nice but I felt the custom oc wasn't super stable. Never had a crash but just didn't feel right to oc my cheap g.skill aegis so far..
But slapping it to 3466 with auto timings is stable since may 2020 and the gain is the same.
Note: these benchmarks runs where done at 720p with 50% resolution scale to take the graphics card out of the equation.
Thanks for the super detailed explanation! I'm also on a 3200 CL16 kit, so I'll definitely come back to this eventually and tinker with my own setup.

Oi, @Norkin @marek2209 @HTIDRaver2k8 @Stefano La Commare @neesve (pardon the tag) - it's been a while, are you guys up for some New Year's racing?

(Same for other regulars I haven't seen in a while, but I don't have enough time to tag them all :ninja:)
He man,

My old PC was consantly at 99% cpu with 15-20 cars. The screen would just freeze for a second an go on, so at some points it just wasn’t drivable. I decided to buy a new pc, so i’m back in business haha. I’ve signed up just now, thanks for the invite!

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 47 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.4%