AC GT3 @ Spa - Sunday 3rd January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Some of you might see this coming, but I still have to properly say it. I want this :
IMG_20201230_100026.jpg

... to match the steering wheel from the game :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I like Spa for casual driving, like crusing, but going fast here ... man ... for me it's just annoying. Maybe I don't know how to drive on Spa. And with new gear and new car, I think I'll just battle through middfield :)

Anyway, any tips/setups for how to drive the 488? All i know is that it doesn't like to be revved up, so I need to shift at 6000-6500.

Last edited:
I have made it safe, less pointy at the front, so bear that in mind, if it is too unstable for you, add more wing.
I can take Eau Rouge flat in the Porsche with this setup.
if you can try your best to always have some accelerator applied, try not to coast in corners, easier said than done for me. :(
If the setup was for me I would do a bit of tweaking with the front ABR, diff settings and front splitter and rear wing, that is mainly aimed at Reik.
I am pretty hopeless with GT3, luckily I know why.:roflmao::roflmao:

:thumbsup:
PS @UHF79
Dave, it will at worst make a good starting point for you to try and make a setup that suits you.

Honestly I wasn't able to handle it at all. :O_o: But it might be me and my bad feeling for the Porsche (never really tryed it before). Then I made an own setup from scratch, which doesn't feel bad. You may have a look at, if you like to...

Attachments

• R-V1.16.4-ab.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 47
:)Trying to keep this short, decided to try ACC. Using imola as my circuit, always been hopeless there.
Found that you have to be very aggressive with ACC to get any pace, which for me is the exact opposite of what I like.
There is a point to all this waffle.
Bought a professional setup including a MoTeC data logging at the priceless sum of $6.
It was very obvious the difference, he just held more cornering speed, braking point and everything was the same, as I said except speed in the corners.
I was quicker with my setup compared to the professional setup.
So my point is Reik you have a higher corner speed than me , that means the car setup needs to complement that aspect of your driving, it is no surprise to me that the setup was not to your taste .
I would expect my setup would feel unresponsive, maybe even tricky if you push it to were my setup was not meant to be.
I will be very interested to try your setup, will be more than happy to report back with honesty.:thumbsup:

PS
After all I was quicker in a Front wheel car with a rear wheel drive setup.
Never forgot the humiliation of that.:roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:
View attachment 430581
by filnove on Flickr: link

Welcome back everyone! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year break. Let's get into the swing of things for 2021 with a track that's almost certainly familiar for everyone: Spa, in the hills of Ardennes. Come join us for 60 minutes of GT3 action!

Welcome to the Assetto Corsa racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members using their full Real Name in the forum, race servers and teamspeak can sign up for this event. We have limited slots so sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:

• Practice Server: #12
  • Race Server: #13
Cars: DLC is required for this event

GT3:

Track: Spa OSRW (download here)
Pit stop: Mandatory
Track Temps: 20C air/26C track
Track Condition: Clear

Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)

Free practice: server will be available throughout the week.
Official practice: 20:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 UTC (20 minutes)
Race: 20:40 UTC (60 minutes)

Entry list:

1. Chris Down - 650s (event host)
  2. HF2000 - 488
  3. Raresch - TBD
  4. hape - TBD
  5. boomRoasted - 911
  6. SOLO59 - R8
  7. random2k4 - Z4
  8. Interslice - 488
  9. pattikins - 650s
  10. UHF79 - 650s
  11. FischBoB - 488
  12. Luca Badin - R8
  13. doof205 - 911
  14. Kek700 - GT-R
  15. Taj Johal - TBD
  16. Medilloni - 488
  17. RasmusP - Lambo
  18. uvraver - 650s
  19. Zeljko "Goose" Gusatovic - TBD
  20. Stefano La Commare - GT-R
  21. Des Pearce - TBD
  22. GEO147 - 650s
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
UTP#2
Please reserve me a spot TBD. Large field!

@Reik Major

A really great setup, :thumbsup: totally different from mine. only changes I made was second gear is too high. ( there is more time in that too ) + first needs lowering
To match.

The only criticism I can make is that it tends to heat the rear tyres, but that could easily be me over driving them too much.

Got on with it immediately, I would only suggest, most would much prefer your set up, for a newbie, my setup with a bit more wing would, should, be better.
say 14 to 16 rear wing would also give a bit more confidence, you could then add another click on the front splitter.

A really great setup Reik.:):):)

Last edited:
I agree with Han, I always when coming across a new starter, I watch their ability to generate high corner speed.
If they come off circuit a lot, wrong lines, poor braking, terrible setup knowledge, etc, etc.
These matter not one jot, they can be overcome by learning, but the ability to generate high corner speed is the most difficult to come by, maybe for some-of us, very very difficult, always a big handicap. :)

Watch out for Han, he is quicker than he is letting on.:unsure:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 34 48.6%