AC GT3 @ Spa - Sunday 21st June 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Great fun, really enjoyed that. Great battles with @Norkin and others made this a really fun return, don't worry about the contact @nash112 , I've done that multiple times to people in the past and I had a good recovery drive to make it back to where we were. I thought you may catch me in the closing stages if I made a blunder so was really stressful to keep ahead and try to catch Miika, unfortunate about the last lap retirements but still a great race all the way through.

Roll on next week :thumbsup:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I've trusted Logitech to produce good hardware, as all my other peripherals have 5+years, even 12.
But no ... they just missed completely the G29 ... :mad::mad::mad:

How the h*** can you miss a shift when you have **** paddles? ... The sensor is broken or something ... on every exit corner that is a right turn, the wheel shifts up 2 times, so from 3rd, I end up in 5th ... I've lost 4-5 places just by doing that ... getting angrier, made mistakes ... now the downshifts are going 2 at once sometimes ... I just retired ...

I am tired of mods that fixes X and Y and then repair yourself video ... I just don't want the trouble ...

I don't have the money, nor the rig to buy a DD, but maybe a belt-driven wheel?
T300RS with T3pa pedals is good?

I'll sell the G29 like 1/4 of price or something. just to give it away ...

P.S. I guess the load cell will have to wait ...

too bad to hear that man. We had some great side-by-side racing for some time! Sorry that you spun.

Have you checked the used-market? I bought used CSL elite wheel and lc pedals for 350€ about a month ago! It was really an upgrade to t300 that I had before. It didn’t improve my lap times much, but it’s more fun to race with better wheel and pedals.

Last edited:
Ye but i'm guessing it sets the minimum time between shifts so you can't double shift by accident..? Haven't tried it yet but been meaning to test it as it happens me maybe once every 2 weeks. Nothing major but could cost you if it happens at the wrong time.

Didn't make it back in time for this. Gutted to miss spa as it's one of the few ac tracks i'd know well. Hope it was fun!
Yeah I noticed it more today than previously, maybe just because I was using a different car. I’ve got it set to the default 50ms so I might have a play around. I found myself having to be more deliberate with the downshifts to prevent it

Great fun, really enjoyed that. Great battles with @Norkin and others made this a really fun return, don't worry about the contact @nash112 , I've done that multiple times to people in the past and I had a good recovery drive to make it back to where we were. I thought you may catch me in the closing stages if I made a blunder so was really stressful to keep ahead and try to catch Miika, unfortunate about the last lap retirements but still a great race all the way through.

Roll on next week :thumbsup:
I think I was very slowly catching, but you were super quick with the Porsche and medium tyres

Vid of my stream:

Like I said on TS, will have to put a bit of effort in to avoid driving in no man's land. Might switch cars too, I noticed I was barely faster on the straights while still losing a whole second in S2. If I give the car any more front grip, it just has too much oversteer.
Anyway, had fun even though the race itself was a bit lonely!

Well first of all BIG apologies for the start incident for Mike - you`ve just had sooo long first gear that i simply haven`t been expecting.

Also apologies to Chris because of Pouhon touch - you`ve missed the apex and went offtrack so i decided there was space, but you closed the door a bit, so that`s a shame racing incident.

Thanks for the apology, felt a little more than a touch to me though :roflmao:

Granted I went a bit wide over the rumble strip on the outside so had to lift to make the second apex, but I wasn't out in the run off area or anything crazy wide and was always going to end up coming back towards the second apex so I felt it was perhaps a little optimistic to keep your foot in. I guess what irked me more is that you were obviously quicker than I was and would have found your way past fairly quickly anyway, so think it was a little risky but hey ho these things happen.

@Syndrami I was so impressed, it has stopped me waffling on about the race.
You could have easily have got me with the backmarker, ( no criticism intended to the back marker at all ) but you backed off and in the end maintained the original time difference. Cheers Maikel your a real gent. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Could do nothing about a rocket ship in the form of @Evgeniy Neytman.
My tyres were shot, I had no real fight left in me as well, tried my best, but to no avail.
I hoped I had enough of a gap, the rear view mirror is so deceiving.:(:(

What a race really enjoyed that, thank you @erazerr7 for the extra lap unfortunately lost the back end on a bend a messed it up, @HF2000 I'm guessing your tyres were going off I could brake so much later, enjoyed that little battle near the end :)
Thanks @Chris Down for organising the event :)
Simon. A lot of cars could brake much later. Something to look into for the setup.

Last edited:
Great race Guys,
It was really fun and considering its the first time racing GT3 online for me im pretty happy with my 13th place, I think Top10 wouldve even been possible If I had survived Lap 1, but maybe next time if I find enough time to practice and the track suits me, i'll get that.
I once again ask for a replay, mine only recorded 50 minutes, while having the allowed replay at max :/
still havent figured that out
It somehow only saved the last minute for me so it would be great If someone could upload it, If yours has the first few rounds that would be good enough for me either

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I've trusted Logitech to produce good hardware, as all my other peripherals have 5+years, even 12.
But no ... they just missed completely the G29 ... :mad::mad::mad:

How the h*** can you miss a shift when you have **** paddles? ... The sensor is broken or something ... on every exit corner that is a right turn, the wheel shifts up 2 times, so from 3rd, I end up in 5th ... I've lost 4-5 places just by doing that ... getting angrier, made mistakes ... now the downshifts are going 2 at once sometimes ... I just retired ...

I am tired of mods that fixes X and Y and then repair yourself video ... I just don't want the trouble ...

I don't have the money, nor the rig to buy a DD, but maybe a belt-driven wheel?
T300RS with T3pa pedals is good?

I'll sell the G29 like 1/4 of price or something. just to give it away ...

P.S. I guess the load cell will have to wait ...
The T300RS is a good wheel and I like how the Eco system even features a loadcell now, but I had a similiar problem with the right paddle where it Just wouldnt click If I didnt put a lot of pressure on it. Luckily Thrustmaster sent me a new spring and it was fixed in 5 min

Well first of all BIG apologies for the start incident for Mike - you`ve just had sooo long first gear that i simply haven`t been expecting.

Also apologies to Chris because of Pouhon touch - you`ve missed the apex and went offtrack so i decided there was space, but you closed the door a bit, so that`s a shame racing incident.

As for the race - after a start mess and a first lap mistake i have had to wait for all the cars to pass to make a safe track comeback, so i i`ve been deadly last and started to make places, doing many overtakes which sometime were quite crazy. That race has just ended in 4th which is an OK result in this circumstances.

Grats to the podium. Next time i`ll come back stronger - i terms od pure speed it now seems very close between the three and it promises a good fun.
Au contraire, my apologies for being so slow off the line and seemingly ruining your first lap @Evgeniy Neytman... I honestly didn't think my first gear was THAT slow... However, I have to thank you for giving me a little kick off the start line and helping me get to speed a bit quicker :roflmao: throughout the race I was actually worrying about how much slower my pitstop was going to be because of my gearing, and somewhat wishing collision mechanics in the pitlane in this game were a thing so you could give me another little boost there

Great racing everyone! That was a lot of fun, congrats to @erazerr7 for the win, super pace :D

I'm always feel good after any Sunday race where I feel I made the most that I could. From my perspective my pace was consistent, and I didn't make any mistakes, so I'm happy :)

Quali was also a lot of fun, when I saw Michael put in the .4 I knew I had to dig deeper, so that added some intensity. Also shout out to whoever turned off Michael's engine at the start, I appreciated that ;-)

Yes, I, uh, stalled my paddle-shift auto clutch enabled car off the starting line. Or something like that :O_o:
As usual great trading places with you Chris, and with the laps I saw you irk out of the McLaren on Medium tyres I was very impressed and, honestly, I was also quietly panicking, worrying that my strategy was really going to work after all... I've seen the s*** you can do on medium tyres before :confused: I had never tried that 1L Medium strat, but I'm starting to see it's merits on high-deg tracks with lots of straights... I saw you and @Enzo Fazzi were having a little fun scuffle back there, and I'd like to add my congratulations to both of you for scoring podiums as well.

Thank you to the backmarkers as well for the A+ job when it came to blue flags, I didn't experience any kind of issue, even minor, with anyone being lapped this race, thank you so much for that guys. Sad to hear you couldn't make that last-minute pass @stribbeck, I was really rooting for you there :cry:

Great race!

No brown stained pants moments this race, which is a first for me. Also, no spins and damage to the car, again! Also had the pace with 2x Soft strategy which worked quite alright in the end, with a great first stint catching everyone and overtaking them (which is also a first for me :p). Catching up to @Kek700 in the end, but he was a tad too quick for me. Also great pace from @Evgeniy Neytman who had a race of its own I believe.

That's sad to hear. I thought we were going to have a great race, we practically had the same pace in qualy

Thanks for organizing Chris!

I once again ask for a replay, mine only recorded 50 minutes, while having the allowed replay at max :/
still havent figured that out

Syndrami just thought I'd let you know that you were teleporting around on the track when I was behind you. I had to back off from you as I'd be 10 meters from your bumper then 1 meter a second later. Maybe bad ping ?

too bad to hear that man. We had some great side-by-side racing for some time! Sorry that you spun.

Have you checked the used-market? I bought used CSL elite wheel and lc pedals for 350€ about a month ago! It was really an upgrade to t300 that I had before. It didn’t improve my lap times much, but it’s more fun to race with better wheel and pedals.
We had a nice battle, yes. Don't remember if I spun, or if i miss shifted, but it was a good half a lap, with some door to door action also

I might search for the used market also. Any particular websites to look to?

It somehow only saved the last minute for me so it would be great If someone could upload it, If yours has the first few rounds that would be good enough for me either
That is the problem, only saved the last 50 minutes haha

Syndrami just thought I'd let you know that you were teleporting around on the track when I was behind you. I had to back off from you as I'd be 10 meters from your bumper then 1 meter a second later. Maybe bad ping ?
Weird, I'll see what I can do about that next time. Never had that problem before

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%