AC GT3 @ Spa - Sunday 3rd January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I count 14 McLarens, almost half of the chosen cars. Curious because normally on Spa the cars with the highest top speed like the Lambo were more popular. Maybe it's somehow Brexit related:O_o:?

Indeed, the McLaren is one of the slower cars in race pace here. I can only speak for myself, but I feel it's a bit cheap for me to change to the "best" car for each track, so I tend to stick with it instead of going to (for example) the 488 :) I strongly recommend others to do the same, especially if new -- just choose what you like instead of worrying too much.

Indeed, the McLaren is one of the slower cars in race pace here. I can only speak for myself, but I feel it's a bit cheap for me to change to the "best" car for each track, so I tend to stick with it instead of going to (for example) the 488 :) I strongly recommend others to do the same, especially if new -- just choose what you like instead of worrying too much.
Indeed. Driving with a car that you know and can handle in more stressful situations and detect + correct slides or other mistakes more reliably will make your race a lot more enjoyable than a few tenths here and there.

Although the McLaren can be a bit frustrating when everyone goes past on the straights haha.
It was my go to car..

@Raresch Chosen your car mate? For now I'll put you in the 488 since you mentioned it earlier, but let me know if you'd like something different. :thumbsup:
well, yes. I said that I want the wheel, Ferrari 488 Challenge to match the wheel in game :)) I know they are not the same, but it's as close as I can get. I said to try something different for the first race with the first wheel, so if I have a very specific wheel, let's try the 488. Thanks.

Last edited:
Driving with a car that you know and can handle in more stressful situations and detect + correct slides or other mistakes more reliably will make your race a lot more enjoyable
And on that note, can I switch back to the 911 if it's ok @Chris Down ? Struggling with the Z4 under acceleration. I think I'm just more comfortable with the 911 quirks and I know everyone is right saying stick to one car. Just need to learn how to keep the rears cooler.

Also, completely unrelated, Rasmus, but out of curiosity, I noticed you have 3466MHz CL18 RAM, which I had never seen before. Is that a 3200 CL16 kit run at a higher frequency, or a lower XMP profile for a 3600 with really high CL?

Note that frequency is almost always more important than timings nowadays, for two reasons:
  1. While there are niche situations where timings might help, the vast majority of loads and stores into RAM don't block the rendering of games, so the throughput tends to be more important than the latency.
  2. Frequency almost always trumps being able to bump down (for example) the CAS latency cycles, since timings are measured in cycles, and are as such always proportional to the frequency. For example (divided by two since it's dual channel):
Python:
>>> mhz = 3200
>>> cas = 16
>>> (1/(mhz/2)*cas)*1000
>>> mhz = 3466
>>> cas = 18
>>> (1/(mhz/2)*cas)*1000

So 3466MHz CL18 only has very marginally more tCL (10ns vs 10.38ns), and significantly more throughput. Nowadays there are way more important things to worry about than tCL when it comes to memory.

Last edited:
My bad, in ACC I use the Lexus, in AC usually the Lambo.

I have a Sim Labs GT1 Evo with a wide bucket seat, I've added extra lumbar support and have been playing around with seat angle by adding washers under the front fixings. It's purely and simply a matter of time, it's getting better but slowly, in the past I've been able to work through the pain and free things up, this time, maybe age and severity of injury has made it a slow process. I couldn't walk more than 400 metres up until 6 weeks ago and now I'm back at work part time, riding my ebike a couple of miles twice a week and managing some sim racing. It'll all be good eventually

I have similar problems, same sim rig too, thought it may be worth a mention.
Decided to go for a raised pedal layout and seat laid back, this was in an attempt to make it more comfortable, a better seating position to alleviate my back pain after a fall.
It worked amazingly well, not what I expected.
It can be exaggerated far more, but this was the sweet spot for me. :)

889801A3-BDCB-4D3F-9313-22D24CA7FA75.jpeg

Last edited:
Just my 10p worth, I pick the car for the circuit, I need every advantage I can get to be competitive.
As I have said before , 911, Lamborghini, 650S and Nissan GT-R, they each have their own strenghts. My only gripe is with the 911, burns its softs, and the Lamborghini, at absolute random interval swaps ends on me. :(

Just my 10p worth, I pick the car for the circuit, I need every advantage I can get to be competitive.
As I have said before , 911, Lamborghini, 650S and Nissan GT-R, they each have their own strenghts. My only gripe is with the 911, burns its softs, and the Lamborghini, at absolute random interval swaps ends on me. :(

Although I'm quicker on every track, with the exception of Le Mans, in the 650s than SCG, I prefer to drive the latter. However, if I can't get to within 0.5 seconds of my time set in the 650s with the SCG or if I'm unable to run softs in the race, I'll go with the McLaren.

Unfortunately, I can't find a set up for the SCG that stops the back tires from lighting up around Spa :(. I do agree with Han though. I like to see a variety of cars on the grid, so :thumbsup: to those who haven't gone with the 650s.

I love your rig. Are those LEDs linked to your pedals :p.

Last edited:
I have similar problems, same sim rig too, thought it may be wortha mention.
Decided to go for a raised pedal layout and seat laid back, this was in an attempt to make it more comfortable, a better seating position to alleviate my back pain after a fall.
It worked amazingly well, not what I expected.
It can be exaggerated far more, but this was the sweet spot for me. :)

View attachment 432875

Thanks, I think I'm slowly going in that direction but need some extra bits of 40x40 to make it happen. I've got my pedals roughly level with the seat base and modified the thigh support cushion. A bit more back tilt and pedal messing may get me there.

Although I'm quicker on every track, with the exception of Le Mans, in the 650s than SCG, I prefer to drive the latter. However, if I can't get to within 0.5 seconds of my time set in the 650s with the SCG or if I'm unable to run softs in the race, I'll go with the McLaren.

Unfortunately, I can't find a set up for the SCG that stops the back tires from lighting up around Spa :(. I do agree with Han though. I like to see a variety of cars on the grid, so :thumbsup: to those who haven't gone with the 650s.

I love your rig. Are those LEDs linked to your pedals :p.

I have really tried with he SCG, nothing I can do endears me to the driving experience, everything else does, so many niggles, always makes me go against it.
You are right about the setup, of late learned a lot from Reik's setup's, try as I may, to cover all possibilities, the amount of combinations far outweighs the time i have to spend on it.
Even, with all the effort I put into the GTr, I can still find a completely different approach.
That all said and done; does not stop me admiring your ability to get really top class pace from the SCG, I know, I have tried my best with it. :)
That, said about tyres, I would spend all my time with the 911, if I could fit softs to the front and mediums to the rear. :(

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 44 8.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.4%