AC GT3 @ Silverstone - Sunday 17th January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
how can I register?
You will need to sign up for premium membership first (https://www.racedepartment.com/account/upgrades)

Make sure you are using your real name in the forum, then post a message here with the car you want to use.

I'd read the first two posts of the this thread carefully, but especially the rules in the second post. Probably the main thing to avoid getting automatically kicked off the event is to make sure you are using your real name in everything (forum, AC and teamspeak)

GTR please Chris

Hey! I've added you to the list, but just a few reminders since I see some of it you don't have filled out yet :)

Before the race, you must:
  1. Add your real name in your profile. Don't worry, only premium members can see it.
  2. Make sure to also set your in game name to your real name.
Also, please read the rules in posts 1 and 2, especially the golden rule. See you on track!

I am just a beginnen but could someone help me with some setup tips or ini-files. Th 650 is hard to handle in original mode:)

I noticed that you were on the practice server @ the same time as myself & Ernie, and didn't set a time. After reading that you were having a hard time with the default set up, I took a look @ the replay. Silverstone is very tricky track to learn, and there are plenty of places where things can go awry. It's a perilous track @ the best of times, & it can be compounded by going for 'quick' lap times when the ground work isn't in place (i.e., braking in all the wrong places...). A good setup won't help.

If you haven't got the time to practice, then I would take up Han's suggestion & use the BMW.

Re car set up files. I don't have any technical knowledge so I either google, or I search through previous RD club races to find a set up. I'll get you started.

Last edited:
I did a long run this morning. 25 laps. I meant to go longer, but I had a spin and decided that was enough because it's tough to focus for that long. it's a long lap for me. I got some good data. Glad there's more time before the race. I don't feel ready yet.

I did a long run this morning. 25 laps. I meant to go longer, but I had a spin and decided that was enough because it's tough to focus for that long. it's a long lap for me. I got some good data. Glad there's more time before the race. I don't feel ready yet.
When you start to race in this club, you're overwhelmed every week. I know this feeling...
But it's okay to just do your laps at the back, habe some other cars with you on the track, getting lapped.
Nice banter every now and then.

The good thing is that there aren't that many tracks in assetto corsa so after some time you'll know most of them.
Also what you learn on track can can mostly be applied to other tracks so after some time you will learn a new track a lot faster!

It's also a "bad" thing for people who race since years as they have to always drive the same tracks :roflmao:

I don't think the race will be more than 30 laps with a pitstop (change of tyres?), so congrats for going 25 laps with one set of mediums. :thumbsup:

When you start to race in this club, you're overwhelmed every week. I know this feeling...
But it's okay to just do your laps at the back, habe some other cars with you on the track, getting lapped.
Nice banter every now and then.

The good thing is that there aren't that many tracks in assetto corsa so after some time you'll know most of them.
Also what you learn on track can can mostly be applied to other tracks so after some time you will learn a new track a lot faster!

It's also a "bad" thing for people who race since years as they have to always drive the same tracks :roflmao:

Maybe time to introduce some virtual tracks (hint:laugh:)?

Last edited:
I noticed that you were on the practice server @ the same time as myself & Ernie, and didn't set a time. After reading that you were having a hard time with the default set up, I took a look @ the replay. Silverstone is very tricky track to learn, and there are plenty of places where things can go awry. It's a perilous track @ the best of times, & it can be compounded by going for 'quick' lap times when the ground work isn't in place (i.e., braking in all the wrong places...). A good setup won't help.

If you haven't got the time to practice, then I would take up Han's suggestion & use the BMW.

Re car set up files. I don't have any technical knowledge so I either google, or I search through previous RD club races to find a set up. I'll get you started.

Very well said Patrick:thumbsup::thumbsup:

@raceeend007

I really wanted to invite you for a trip around the track following me, or Patrick, although he may not have thanked for that suggestion.
I just could not think of a way of saying it without it sounding, well, mmmmmm!!

I noticed your lines around the track were causing you to lose time, at least relative to my pace.

Sorry if the above sound presumptuous.
:)

@raceeend007

I really wanted to invite you for a trip around the track following me, or Patrick, although he may not have thanked for that suggestion.
I just could not think of a way of saying it without it sounding, well, mmmmmm!!

I noticed your lines around the track were causing you to lose time, at least relative to my pace.

I know what you mean. As I'm getting older, one of my fears is turning in to one of Harry Enfield's characters... :laugh:

Maybe it's too late:roflmao:

Last edited:

@raceeend007

If you go on the chat window and click on another live driver in the timing list then you can sit on board and see how its done. I've found it useful. I haven't found a way to get rid of the menu when on board - does anyone know the magic?

If you go on the chat window and click on another live driver in the timing list then you can sit on board and see how its done. I've found it useful. I haven't found a way to get rid of the menu when on board - does anyone know the magic?

Got to the pits.
Click on the lowest icon on the left, were you see the standings. Click on the car/driver you want to watch.
Click on the icon again and the window disappears. Only the iconbar will be visible.

I've been pounding round for many hours and think my lines/braking/gears are OK. I'm fairly consistently in the lower 2:06's and might scrap a 2:05 on a hot lap with softs and a low tank of fuel. I'm in the GT-R and have only really tuned the gears as described in the setup guide. I've seen 2:02 from others drivers but I can't see where I'd find 4 secs. Can you really find 4 secs with a well setup car?

I've been pounding round for many hours and think my lines/braking/gears are OK. I'm fairly consistently in the lower 2:06's and might scrap a 2:05 on a hot lap with softs and a low tank of fuel. I'm in the GT-R and have only really tuned the gears as described in the setup guide. I've seen 2:02 from others drivers but I can't see where I'd find 4 secs. Can you really find 4 secs with a well setup car?

No not 4 secs, I would guess you are not driving optimal. Like turn in to fast and lose speed out of the corner. Also Silverstone is a longer track. If you just miss a couple of tens each corner compared to the fast drivers, you are easily 3-4 secs slower. Also there are two or three tricky parts on this track were you can lose much time if not driving a perfect line.

Try to take some corners a bit slower then you think and focus on exiting fast, not entering fast.
THere are also some quite good track guides online.

I am down to 2:02:5xx atm, but I know that I am loosing about half a second due to my improper lines and breaking points. Setup cant fix this.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 122 85.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 24 16.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 23 16.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 12.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 42 29.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 49 34.5%