AC GT3 @ Silverstone - Sunday 17th January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@boomRoasted

Try your best with it, if you have any problems, try and drive around the problem.

In my opinion, it is a difficult car.

On paper, that looks like a much better setup. I don't have a setup for Silverstone, but it looks like one i would use. That said, without a recent test, I think the SCG will struggle @ Silverstone. According to RSR Livetiming, the SCG is the slowest GT3 car @ Silverstone!

Sign me up please! R8 again... Hoping for a better result this time. I really like Silverstone
Sign me in with the Audi, please. Silverstone should hopefully be a little more suited to it than Brands :ninja:
Sign me up Chris with the : 650S GT3
In with the GT-R please Chris
Hi Chris, 650s for me please.

Welcome folks! :thumbsup:

What apps do you guys use/recommend to display information in the cockpit (playing in VR). I have just been using the game out of the box for now. I didn't really need to know where I was in relation to other cars in the last race as that became largely irrelevant after 20 minutes but it would be nice to get some more information next time around.

I am still figuring AC out and sometimes I get different stuff in the car display in VR (seems random) but cannot change anything. I guess there are some in game options to explore and ways to map buttons I have yet to work out.

I would like to start with some basic stuff.

Fuel, Tyre temp and pressures
laptimes (in the 911 I can see a tiny differential figure on the dash which is hard to read).
Timing and positioning of other cars, driver names displayed (I had no idea who was who in the last race).

Do those who play in VR use the helicorsa thing?

Here's my list of apps, in case it helps:

On the left:
  • RSR Live Timing (just for hotlapping, really, not useful during a race but I usually don't bother to turn it off)
  • FFBClip
  • Stock realtime app
In the middle:
  • Sidekick (showing pressures + delta from best)
  • Helicorsa (VR certainly helps, but you still have no peripheral vision)
On the right:
  • Substanding in global mode (in addition to realtime since it gives more of a feel for race position, rather than track position)
  • Stock tyres app

Last edited:
@Chris Down Dies your realtime show more cars than usual or is that a different app? Mine one shows about 3 in front, 3 behind.

Yeah, it's only 3, but I only use it to know which drivers are physically close to me on track rather than track position. That's why I also have substanding in global mode, which shows 25 drivers in race order rather than track position :)

Last edited:
What apps do you guys use/recommend to display information in the cockpit (playing in VR). I have just been using the game out of the box for now. I didn't really need to know where I was in relation to other cars in the last race as that became largely irrelevant after 20 minutes but it would be nice to get some more information next time around.

I am still figuring AC out and sometimes I get different stuff in the car display in VR (seems random) but cannot change anything. I guess there are some in game options to explore and ways to map buttons I have yet to work out.

I would like to start with some basic stuff.

Fuel, Tyre temp and pressures
laptimes (in the 911 I can see a tiny differential figure on the dash which is hard to read).
Timing and positioning of other cars, driver names displayed (I had no idea who was who in the last race).

Do those who play in VR use the helicorsa thing?

Up until recently I applied the principle that less (apps) is more (fps...90). Now that I've upgraded my cpu (from a Ryzen 3600x to a 5600x) I'm less constrained as I was with the amount of apps that I can use. I don't know what system you have so I will base my answer on my old cpu, the AMD Ryzen 3600x.

If the grid size was over 24 cars I would just use the track map app + CrewChief. With less than 24 cars, I added the real time + performance delta apps, and if there was enough cpu headroom, the tyres app.

I don't use helicorsa - CrewChief seems to be a good alternative. Other drivers who seen my driving might disagree :laugh:.

Up until recently I applied the principle that less (apps) is more (fps...90). Now that I've upgraded my cpu (from a Ryzen 3600x to a 5600x) I'm less constrained as I was with the amount of apps that I can use. I don't know what system you have so I will base my answer on my old cpu, the AMD Ryzen 3600x.

If the grid size was over 24 cars I would just use the track map app + CrewChief. With less than 24 cars, I added the real time + performance delta apps, and if there was enough cpu headroom, the tyres app.

I don't use helicorsa - CrewChief seems to be a good alternative. Other drivers who seen my driving might disagree :laugh:.

I have a 5800x so I expect in a similar place to where you are now regarding performance. I gave crew chief a try, doesn't always work but yet to figure out why.

Doh! I only just realised you had the options on the right of the screen for the apps, I had never noticed that before only the menu on the left with start and setup options :unsure:. That explains a lot!

I have a 5800x so I expect in a similar place to where you are now regarding performance. I gave crew chief a try, doesn't always work but yet to figure out why.

Doh! I only just realised you had the options on the right of the screen for the apps, I had never noticed that before only the menu on the left with start and setup options :unsure:. That explains a lot!

There are also 4 tabs on the bottom of the apps bar for different combos of apps.

On paper, that looks like a much better setup. I don't have a setup for Silverstone, but it looks like one i would use. That said, without a recent test, I think the SCG will struggle @ Silverstone. According to RSR Livetiming, the SCG is the slowest GT3 car @ Silverstone!

You should give it a go patrick, even I am not that far off RSR live timing, especially considering I am an old fart.:roflmao:
You are certainly quicker than me too. Being a young gun.:unsure:

Hi @Chris Down - can you sign me up for a 911 please?

I might also be able to practice this evening if you still plan to run a test race on SGP? It would be a good way for me to get acquainted with SGP too as I have not used it before

Hi @Chris Down - can you sign me up for a 911 please?

I might also be able to practice this evening if you still plan to run a test race on SGP? It would be a good way for me to get acquainted with SGP too as I have not used it before

Welcome mate! Much appreciated. No plan to do it this week since SGP migration for GT3 is postponed one more week, but I'll let you know on Sunday :)

Last edited:
What would be a better car for a rookie?

Definitly the Z4. Its a very stable and more "easy" to drive. You can really push it a bit without much hesitation.
Its a very forgiving car. Also picked it when I started sim racing 6 month ago and still using it.
It is also very competitive I think. Started out in the back of the pack, and now after getting more and more used to the car and tracks,
I find myself regularly in the Top 8.

Also a good car to consider is the GT-R. Its maybe a bit more setup dependent then the Z4-

You should give it a go patrick, even I am not that far off RSR live timing, especially considering I am an old fart.:roflmao:
You are certainly quicker than me too. Being a young gun.:unsure:

I've given your set up a go on the practice server, & I've improved my old SCG PB with it :). I changed a few things on the set-up to get my final time, but that was more down to preference than the few tenths that I gained from the changes - moved the gear ratio up one notch, lowered the suspension a fraction, increased the rear arb and removed the front wing & set the rear to 4. Even with the changes, I still managed to lose the back of the car.

You win lots of races for 'an old fart', so I think you should have a go for the top spot yourself :p.

Last edited:
Just had a go on RSR with it Patrick, just for a laugh. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I wondered if the next gear set would improve matters, buzzing on the rev limiter on the last straight.

But losing it is so so easy, not exactly snap oversteer.
More case of I am slowlyyy goinggg to kill you "spinnnnnn.":confused::confused::confused::confused:

Glad you did all those setup moves, was going to go down that route, saved me a load of effort.:)

Win me.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

download (100).jpg

that will be the day,,, :geek:

Last edited:
Definitly the Z4. Its a very stable and more "easy" to drive. You can really push it a bit without much hesitation.
Its a very forgiving car. Also picked it when I started sim racing 6 month ago and still using it.
It is also very competitive I think. Started out in the back of the pack, and now after getting more and more used to the car and tracks,
I find myself regularly in the Top 8.

Also a good car to consider is the GT-R. Its maybe a bit more setup dependent then the Z4-

Thanks for the tip. Enjoyed the GT-R. Managed 2:05.373 on softs with only tweeks to the gear ratios.

Hi, I’d like to enter in the 650S please, as I’m new I’ll make sure I enter the teamspeak correctly and so on as soon as just want to make sure I have a spot, thanks!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.