AC GT3 @ Silverstone - Sunday 17th January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I'd like to mention that yesterday I was practicing while about 3 other drivers were on the server. I was doing some regular lapping, and while I was coming up to Maggotts I saw a very brief yellow flag. By the time I got to Becketts there was a car stopped on the racing line which vanished moments before possible impact.

Please don't stop on the racing line if you spin / err in some way and decide to quit. Please move your car off the racing line, or onto the grass before quitting. Thanks in advance.

OK Chris definitley in with AMG. Even though I love the sound of that R8 V10... oh my... I'll have to stick with the AMG. You know because it's based on the AMG GT, I expected it to have the 4L V8 turbo, but the GT3 actually uses the 6.3L AMG V8! oh my...
If you want some brutal AMG sound, I can recommend the Fonsecker Sound Mod for the AMG GT3. It's just... when I first used it I couldn't stop smiling haha.

After a while it got annoying as it is a bit over the top... But might be realistic, don't know..

Here's the link:

Hi, I’d like to enter in the 650S please, as I’m new I’ll make sure I enter the teamspeak correctly and so on as soon as just want to make sure I have a spot, thanks!

Welcome! Great stuff, just a reminder to also use your real name in game and read the rules in posts 1 and 2. :thumbsup:

If you want some brutal AMG sound, I can recommend the Fonsecker Sound Mod for the AMG GT3. It's just... when I first used it I couldn't stop smiling haha.

After a while it got annoying as it is a bit over the top... But might be realistic, don't know..

Here's the link:

Ha i found the same with the Z4. Exhaust delete mod! Good fun for while. Save your old sound files before you replace them!

Ha i found the same with the Z4. Exhaust delete mod! Good fun for while. Save your old sound files before you replace them!
The r8 sound is awesome from him but when you shift down a bit too early or something (couldn't really figure it out), there will be a "meeeep" sound.
Had to remove the mod as this meeep is really loud and it happened every second corner to me. But downshift protection didn't show so no idea...

The r8 sound is awesome from him but when you shift down a bit too early or something (couldn't really figure it out), there will be a "meeeep" sound.
Had to remove the mod as this meeep is really loud and it happened every second corner to me. But downshift protection didn't show so no idea...
This (strange) sound when shifting is real. You can here it in various onboard vids. I think it's coming from a hydraulic pump.

I also like good mod sounds. The ones from Fonsecker and ACFAN are the best.

This (strange) sound when shifting is real. You can here it in various onboard vids. I think it's coming from a hydraulic pump.

I also like good mod sounds. The ones from Fonsecker and ACFAN are the best.
That hydraulic pump needs some sound dampening or a design change :roflmao:

Thanks for clarifying!

That's one advantage of being somewhat deaf, all those annoyances don't affect me. ( Hydraulic pump)
My wife would say, can you hear the racket those crickets are making, me, what crickets.:unsure::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
I kid you not: as soon as this pandemic will be "under control", I'm gonna make an appointment with an.. acoustics doctor?
I'm bothered/triggered by so many noises.. Gonna ask him for a solution to lower my ear-sensitivity.
Tried some earplugs but they all make me hear my own body, footsteps resonating etc.

I bought some Bose noise cancelling headphones. They are awesome for this.. But I can't wear the headphones all day and when I'm with other people :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I am just a beginnen but could someone help me with some setup tips or ini-files. Th 650 is hard to handle in original mode:)
I would suggest to soften the rear springs by quite a lot. It's super stiff at default!
Then raise the coast diff a few clicks and lower the power diff to 10%.
But the 650s is tricky! Massive grip and then the rear snaps. But it feels so awesome...

I would also recommend the BMW Z4. That's just nice and balanced and not really slower!
I would say you have a good ear for music Rasmus, from what you have just said.
Thanks! I have, yeah. Thought about studying music production after recording some school projects at home and getting good feedback.

But engineering was quite a bit more attractive with the technology stuff (and probably a lot better jobs...).

If you wanna have a listen:
MyDropboxLink
Everything recorded and mixed by me. Drums were done on trigger pads with a lot of work though. Can't rig up a drumkit here :whistling:

Some parts of the guitars are sadly out of tune but I couldn't be bothered to play it again :unsure:

Sorry for the massively off-topic post :ninja:

Here's the original:

Last edited:
I am just a beginnen but could someone help me with some setup tips or ini-files. Th 650 is hard to handle in original mode:)
@RasmusP recently pointed me to a set of base GT3 setups done by another member that are slight tweaks to the default:

I'm not particularly faster outright with any, but some of them make the cars more predictable for me, the 650S being one of them, which helps with consistency

Last edited:
The problem I have with sound and physics mods is: how did they make them, and why would they be better than Kunos'? It's always contention for me. I haven't played in 2 days, but I didn't hear a difference in the AMG in that video compared to what I remember from the game. I'll have to try them back-to-back maybe.

Glad my first proper race at Silverstone is with you gents. Will be a great time with a full grid.

I'll take the SCG for now, Chris. Thanks.

I'll keep an eye out for SRGP updates for this race and register accordingly if anything changes. :)

@RasmusP thanks for the ACRL fuel app. It supplied me with unwavering confidence and helped to plan a great pitstop yesterday at Brands. :thumbsup:

Where can we find the ACRL fuel app?

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes