AC GT3 @ Silverstone - Sunday 17th January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Excuse me if this would be better suited for last week's thread....

I took the time to try and create my own setup from default for the SCG. I used this post as a guide and would like feedback. I know this is a subjective thing but I'd like to know if I'm off the mark as I really enjoyed the process and plan to do it for this Sunday as well.

Not sure how many of you drive the SCG regularly but at any rate here is my setup and thanks in advance for your criticism. :) (I adjusted the rear wing to "5" after qualifying but found it more stable at a "6")

Attachments

• SCG_SUNRace.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 37
View attachment 435590
by Rob Trout on Flickr: link

It's time for a timeless classic: Silverstone. With its mix of winding turns, long straights, and challenging sections, Silverstone has stood the test of time, and still races on much of the vintage layout today. Come join us for 60 minutes of racing action!

Welcome to the Assetto Corsa racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members using their full Real Name in the forum, race servers and teamspeak can sign up for this event. We have limited slots so sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:

• Practice Server: #12
  • Race Server: #13
Cars: DLC is required for this event

GT3:

Track: Silverstone OSRW (download here)
Pit stop: Mandatory
Track Temps: 20C air/26C track
Track Condition: Clear

Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)

Free practice: server will be available throughout the week.
Official practice: 20:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 UTC (20 minutes)
Race: 20:40 UTC (60 minutes)

Entry list:

1. Chris Down - 650s (event host)
  2. RasmusP - TBD
  3. boomRoasted - SCG
  4. Interslice - 488
  5. pattikins - 650s
  6. HF2000 - 488
  7. Kek700 - GT-R
  8. random2k4 - Z4
  9. Axel Moebius - GT-R
  10. Fiberoptix - 911
  11. UHF79 - 650s
  12. Goblin616 - AMG
  13. Kevin Edwards - 911
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
UTP#16
Slot me in with a 650. Thx

Excuse me if this would be better suited for last week's thread....

I took the time to try and create my own setup from default for the SCG. I used this post as a guide and would like feedback. I know this is a subjective thing but I'd like to know if I'm off the mark as I really enjoyed the process and plan to do it for this Sunday as well.

Not sure how many of you drive the SCG regularly but at any rate here is my setup and thanks in advance for your criticism. :) (I adjusted the rear wing to "5" after qualifying but found it more stable at a "6")

Tried your setup, tried my best to make it stable. failed.:(

This is such a difficult car, even so, managed my fastest lap of Silverstone in it. But not with your setup, had to spend time on it, my setup is no more stable, but it is a lot quicker for me.

For me it is stable'ish, but you have to drive it with some care, put about a couple of hours into it.

I can now see why Pattikins is so rapid in it. :unsure:

I really need a lot of time in this car to get it a 100% dialled, assuming that is even possible.

looking at May 2020 results, it is in the top 5 for lap times, but it and me is never going to challenge Chris in it, so don't expect too much from the setup.

If your lucky Pattikins may chuck some knowledge your way, I just did not have time to cover more than 60% of the setup, too many combinations.

I am happy to post it if you wish, not sure that you will like it, with all the time I put in, it ended up being for me.

It was quick enough to easily repeat fast lap times, so it was not a one-shot pony.:roflmao:

My advice to "you" and "me", there are far easier cars out there to pick on.;)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back