AC GT3 @ Road America - Weds 25 Sep 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
racedepartement_2k-png.318979

Please reply in this thread and come join us this Wednesday 9/25 for some fun club racing!

Our goal is to put fun first and competition second, there are plenty of places to compete but this venue will serve members who are looking for a community that is focused on fun clean racing.

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also be using your FULL REAL NAME in any of the RD servers, on Teamspeak, in Assetto Corsa and on this board.

Join us: Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY )

To Join the team speak just Click "teamspeak" in the blue bar at the top of this page, join the assetto corsa chat channel once in TS.

Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC MOD content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Race Hard But Race Fair - RESPECT Your Fellow Driver. If you bump someone off slow and wait for them this is the "golden rule" of race department events.

Practice Server:
RaceDepartment.com US Practice

Race Server:

RaceDepartment.com US Race

To find servers search "racedepartment"

Cars:
GT3:

Tracks: MOD content will be required to participate in this event
Road America https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/road-america.7095/
Layout:
shred
Track Temps: 26c
Track Conditions: Mid Clear

Pitstop: None
Driving Assists: ABS / Traction Control
Jump Start: = Drive Through
Fuel consumption = 100%
Tire consumption = 100%
Damage rate =20%
Tire blankets = on

Highly Recommended App: Helicorsa 0.7B Download
Highly Recommended App For VR
: Top/Center Flags Download

Schedule (US): Wednesday 9/25
Practice: 21:00 EST (10 minutes)
Qualifying: 21:10 EST (15 minutes)
Race: 21:25 EST (20 minutes)

Entry List :
  1. scottiedawg66
  2. Jivesauce
  3. DingoStarr - Lambo
  4. BP - Lambo
  5. newbert - BMW
  6. Jriv012 - Audi
  7. ChrisC795 - Ferrari
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot

Last edited:
Ooohhh I've been wanting to practice in the GT3 cars, I've struggled a little to find speed in them compared to some of the really fast guys when I've run with the EU club a couple times. I will probably take the Mclaren, but I'll practice some this weekend and make a final decision.

Also, these GT3 cars are what @Douglas Garcia has been racing in his Brazilian series so, if he can join us, his skills should be all polished up and ready to destroy us all :roflmao: I believe he has a race in that series the day after this event though, so he may need to just focus on that.

WHAT??!!!!!!! Oh this cruel and unusual punishment:cautious::cautious::cautious: Road America while I'm away:confused::confused::confused::confused:and in GT3 cars:unsure::unsure: I guess the week I get back we can run the Abarth 500 at Brands Hatch Indy for a 90 minute endurance race:sick::sick::sick:

Have fun. I'll be blowing the candles out on my pity party cake:cry::cry::D:D

@Bobby Pennington if the GT3s are popular we will integrate them into the monthly rotation.
That's cool. I've driven them so much it really doesn't matter except this is Road America and anything with a little speed is is fun. I hosted a F1 race at RA with the Ferrari F 2002. A lot of the EU guys were skeptical, but after the race they loved it. RA is so cool because you have room to race and you get to stretch your legs on 3 straights.

Scott - I suddenly have a strange problem -----

When on the server, my wheel doesn't work. Specifically, I can't get out of neutral (ie - can't upshift into 1st). Gas pedal does work though (ie - the engine revs).

But when OFFline, everything works fine. The problem only happens when on the server.

And everything worked fine on the server yesterday as well - the problem started this morning. So did something change overnight?

My wheel is a G29 and my peds are Fanatec CSL and I'm using Content Mgr.

Any ideas on what might be wrong and how to correct? I'm reluctant to muck around in controller settings since I have them where I want them in offline.

Thanks!

Scott - I suddenly have a strange problem -----

When on the server, my wheel doesn't work. Specifically, I can't get out of neutral (ie - can't upshift into 1st). Gas pedal does work though (ie - the engine revs).

But when OFFline, everything works fine. The problem only happens when on the server.

And everything worked fine on the server yesterday as well - the problem started this morning. So did something change overnight?

My wheel is a G29 and my peds are Fanatec CSL and I'm using Content Mgr.

Any ideas on what might be wrong and how to correct? I'm reluctant to muck around in controller settings since I have them where I want them in offline.

Thanks!
Hey Bert,

I know this will sound strange, but the same thing happens to me with the Audi TT Cup cars. There is absolutely nothing about the servers or settings in them that cause this.

I use Content Manager to launch AC exclusively, but with the Audi mentioned above, I have to use the Kunos launcher and everything works fine. If you're in the same situation, I know it sucks, but at least you have a work around.

One thing you can try is recalibrating your wheel. I always use the Kunos launcher to do that.

I know it sounds weird since your wheel worked last night, but take my word for it, crazy stuff happening like that.

Hope it helps.

Hey Bert,

I know this will sound strange, but the same thing happens to me with the Audi TT Cup cars. There is absolutely nothing about the servers or settings in them that cause this.

I use Content Manager to launch AC exclusively, but with the Audi mentioned above, I have to use the Kunos launcher and everything works fine. If you're in the same situation, I know it sucks, but at least you have a work around.

One thing you can try is recalibrating your wheel. I always use the Kunos launcher to do that.

I know it sounds weird since your wheel worked last night, but take my word for it, crazy stuff happening like that.

Hope it helps.
Thanks for the suggestion, Bobby. But no luck so far. I still can't shift while on the server.

I re-calibrated in the Kunos launcher, re-assigned buttons to shift and I still cannot get out of neutral when on the server (both in CM and in the Kunos launcher).

I had to re-assign controls in CM as well, but shifting still works only when I'm running OFFline. (Too bad, because I just did a PB in the BMW offline too. It's amazing how much you can lower your lap times by getting out of neutral! :D)

One thing I noticed as well - This all started today, after I left my PC on overnight for the first time (It's had some problems booting up.) So, I re-started the PC a number of times and noticed the G29 wheel doesn't spin up when Steam is initializing during the boot-up sequence (like it always has before). Maybe that's part of the problem? It does spin up right as the system boots though.

I'll try re-booting a few more times to see if the wheel will spin up when Steam loads. If it finally does, I'll check the online situation again.

Until then, I'm dead in the water online right now.....

Thanks again for your suggestion.

OK - FWIW - I shutdown the PC for a few minutes, then re-booted. When Steam initialized, the wheel spun. So far so good.

But I still can't get the shifting to work while on the server - either in CM or in Kunos launcher. And yes, I re-assigned the buttons (in both Kunos and in CM). And still no luck online either way.

However, in offline (only) everything works fine (in both CM and in Kunos launcher). Go figure. These PC's are strange creatures!

I'll keep trying everyday as the race approaches, but it's not looking good for me right now. :(

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 4 7.0%