AC GT3 @ Road America - Weds 25 Sep 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
dang. that is so strange. sorry about your troubles. have you tried other online servers to confirm if the issue is isolated to the RD server or if its all online servers.
On other servers, everything seems to be fine.

Re: RD servers, on EU 33 00 and EU PRACTICE MX5 #04, I have the same problem as on the US Race Server.

But on EU GTE PRACTICE #12, everything works fine.

BTW, on your RD server, I get a message at the center top that simply says "OVERTIME". Does that provide any clues?

Thanks.

@newbert now we're down to posting a message in the forums and asking for help. Be careful how you word the title of your message so that you get the right people looking at it. Maybe use "G29 paddle shifters do not work in some RD servers". Guys are usually pretty good at helping out. Make sure you list your PC specs, OS etc and post it in the AC forum and possibly under Sim Racing Hardware.

I'm going to tag my uber smart friend @RasmusP and see if he has an idea. Incredibly smart, a great guy, knows everything Logitech plus he's German so you know you're in good hands. He helped me run the AC side of RD. He's going to university so it may take him a while to respond.

Good luck dude.

@newbert now we're down to posting a message in the forums and asking for help. Be careful how you word the title of your message so that you get the right people looking at it. Maybe use "G29 paddle shifters do not work in some RD servers". Guys are usually pretty good at helping out. Make sure you list your PC specs, OS etc and post it in the AC forum and possibly under Sim Racing Hardware.

I'm going to tag my uber smart friend @RasmusP and see if he has an idea. Incredibly smart, a great guy, knows everything Logitech plus he's German so you know you're in good hands. He helped me run the AC side of RD. He's going to university so it may take him a while to respond.

Good luck dude.

Hey, I'm of German heritage and it hasn't helped me any.....:roflmao:

On other servers, everything seems to be fine.

Re: RD servers, on EU 33 00 and EU PRACTICE MX5 #04, I have the same problem as on the US Race Server.

But on EU GTE PRACTICE #12, everything works fine.

BTW, on your RD server, I get a message at the center top that simply says "OVERTIME". Does that provide any clues?

Thanks.
It might be a really weird coincidence that this is happening for almost every rd server and every time you try to drive on them but "overtime" means the session has ended.
Cars still on track can finish their rounds but AFAIK you can't leave the pits anymore, leading to a restriction of not being able to shift into first or reverse!

Apart from that my only clue would be that there's something going on with the allowed assists on the server, the assists that you select for the server (you can deselect assists when connecting to a server and run different assists offline!), combined with the used cars and whether or not you have a clutch pedal mapped.

Assetto Corsa has a very weird way of making sure that everyone can shift up and down no matter if he has a clutch or not and no matter if the car would need a clutch or not.
Example:
You have no clutch, the car is a old road car, definitely needing a clutch in reality!
Now you can either select the assist "auto clutch" or not.
Both times you'll be able to shift! But when you would do a burnout at the start, auto clutch will keep the revs up, without auto clutch the revs will drop extremely low.

Now if you have a clutch but don't use it, ac will detect this and won't shift!

And then you have some weird combinations if you also have an H-pattern shifter...

So we have a lot of things that could lead to your problem...

Solution:
- make sure the session still has time left on the clock! No overtime!

- select auto clutch in your assists! (in CM you have server assists at the right bottom somewhere when you select a server)

- unbind your clutch pedal and H-shifter if you have one! Make ac think that you don't have a clutch and no H-pattern. That way no matter the assists, you should be able to shift with your paddles behind the rim

.........Solution:
- make sure the session still has time left on the clock! No overtime!

- select auto clutch in your assists! (in CM you have server assists at the right bottom somewhere when you select a server)

- unbind your clutch pedal and H-shifter if you have one! Make ac think that you don't have a clutch and no H-pattern. That way no matter the assists, you should be able to shift with your paddles behind the rim

Auto Clutch is not allowed in this race, so I can't do that.

Clutch pedal is unbound, so it's not that.

BUT -- every time I log into the server it says "Overtime" at the top. That's not something I can control from my end so - Scott, Can you do something about that?

Thanks, Rasmus!

Too long overtime of more than 6 hours ... that was also the problem with the Stradale on Silversone 67 server yesterday night.
I mentioned it to Craig and he restarted the server,.... not sure though that the server files were corrected or not.

Ok I jumped on and it was definitely stuck in Overtime, I couldn't leave the pits either. I was able to vote to skip to the next practice session and it seems to be working fine now. I don't know if it will be stuck again in an hour and a half when this practice session ends, but voting seems to solve the issue.

Ok I jumped on and it was definitely stuck in Overtime, I couldn't leave the pits either. I was able to vote to skip to the next practice session and it seems to be working fine now. I don't know if it will be stuck again in an hour and a half when this practice session ends, but voting seems to solve the issue.
Colin -- If/when I find myself in an "Overtime" situation again, exactly how would I "vote" to skip to the next session?

Thanks.

Colin -- If/when I find myself in an "Overtime" situation again, exactly how would I "vote" to skip to the next session?

Thanks.
Bert,

When sitting in the pits, select the bottom-most menu option on the left, and a voting box will appear under the "Session Info" and "Server" boxes. Just click the "Next Session" button and the vote should pass after a few seconds. I've attached a screenshot below with orange arrows pointing to the buttons also. Let me know if yours looks different or anything, we'll get it sorted out.

awY2fMv.jpg

Bert,

When sitting in the pits, select the bottom-most menu option on the left, and a voting box will appear under the "Session Info" and "Server" boxes. Just click the "Next Session" button and the vote should pass after a few seconds. I've attached a screenshot below with orange arrows pointing to the buttons also. Let me know if yours looks different or anything, we'll get it sorted out.

awY2fMv.jpg
Got it, Colin, Thanks! I learned something new today!

Maybe someday I'll learn how to race competitively!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%