AC GT3 @ Red Bull Ring - Sunday 8th November 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It's really not ultimately my decision to go the way of SGP, although @VernWozza has been kind enough to buy us some more time.

This Sunday's event will move back to RD hosting, although it might take me a bit to sort out the signups. Please stand by :)

Everything else I'll give as feedback to SGP folks.
Chris Down.........................McLaren 650S GT3
Stefan Ulrich.......................BMW Z4 GT3
Raresch Oprea...................Audi R8 LMS 2016
Mohammad Alhajri............Audi R8 LMS 2016
Luca Badin..........................Audi R8 LMS 2016
George Murphy.................McLaren 650S GT3
Hans-Peter Graßhoff........McLaren 650S GT3
Stefano La Commare........Nissan GT-R GT3
Don F. ..............................Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016
Tim Snikkenburg...............Nissan GT-R GT3
Kapitein Knus.................Ferrari 488 GT3
Pat Eaton............................BMW Z4 GT3
Rob Bedford.......................BMW Z4 GT3
Han Fazzi.............................Ferrari 488 GT3
Andreas Bleyel...................Nissan GT-R GT3
Dean Solomon...................Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016
Simon Tribbeck..................Ferrari 488 GT3
Logan Maruszak................SCG 003C
Ernie Wright.......................Huracan GT3

Last edited:
Hi Chris, I want to participate in sundays race and simracing.gp. When I click the link of the first page I can only chose to join via steam. When I do this it says "
Your steam account is not invited to closed beta, but you can join the waiting list here: https://simracing.gp".
I read the thread so I think I need an invitation, so I will send you a PM with my email. If that is not the right way to join could you please tell me how to do it.
sorry for all the fussiness. PM will follow right after this post. Thanks for your efforts. cu

sorry, just saw that we move back to RD hsting for Sunday. Please forget my earlier post but maybe someone can sen me invitation link so I can join next races. Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

Hi there.
Soooo .... Any quick settings for an Oculus Rift CV1 (first gen) that is running on 1060gtx 6gb OC?
@Chris Down @Medilloni @RasmusP

Also, I did 4 laps yesterday night and got nausea. Does it go away with more usage?

With regard to VR, I think John would be in the NO camp :roflmao: :p. As far as VR nausea goes, I've never suffered from it but I believe George has, so he might be able to give you some tips. Failing that I'd approach the problem slowly by doing a few laps @ at a time - then increase the duration/frequency (with plenty of rest) over a week or two. If you are running below 90fps, that might also contribute to your motion sickness.

If you want the AC eyecandy, then you will most likely be running in asw mode with a Nvidia GTX 1060 card. CPU? I tend to find my CPU is the biggest hurdle with online races.

I own the CV1 & Odyssey+, & I have the post processing turned off with both devices. In game apps are kept to a minimum and anything else that is cpu intensive either off or on a low setting (i.e., shadows). I know Chris has a slightly lower spec PC than mine, & he maintains 90fps with the CV1 (summat I can't do).

I've not used the CV1 since owning the Odyssey, but I used to use Oculus Tray Tool.
2020-11-07_12-37-31.png
2020-11-07_12-38-14.png
2020-11-07_12-38-50.png

Last edited:
With regard to VR, I think John would be in the NO camp :roflmao: :p. As far as VR nausea goes, I've never suffered from it but I believe George has, so he might be able to give you some tips. Failing that I'd approach the problem slowly by doing a few laps @ at a time - then increase the duration/frequency (with plenty of rest) over a week or two. If you are running below 90fps, that might also contribute to your motion sickness.

If you want the AC eyecandy, then you will most likely be running in asw mode with a Nvidia GTX 1060 card. CPU? I tend to find my CPU is the biggest hurdle with online races.

I own the CV1 & Odyssey+, & I have the post processing turned off with both devices. In game apps are kept to a minimum and anything else that is cpu intensive either off or on a low setting (i.e., shadows). I know Chris has a slightly lower spec PC than mine, & he maintains 90fps with the CV1 (summat I can't do).

I've not used the CV1 since owning the Odyssey, but I used to use Oculus Tray Tool.View attachment 418275View attachment 418276View attachment 418277
CPU is 6700K at 4.6Ghz. i think it should work?
For now, made similar settings and fps gets capped at 45. I was doing 90-95 without vr with post processing and all of the smoking and things.

With regard to VR, I think John would be in the NO camp :roflmao: :p. As far as VR nausea goes,....
Funnily enough, my son came 'round yesterday and had a go with some insanely energetic music/beat/sabre thingy :laugh: , really enjoyed, and for the first time didn't feel sick. So who knows, if I could afford it and a new pc to run it I'd probably try again, or triples/widescreen:p.

Okay, the event on SGP is cancelled and the sign up list is now in post one :)

I believe the only people missing because I can't find them on RD are:
If you know who they are, please point them here :)

If I missed anyone -- that is, you expect you are signed up but are not in post 1 -- please feel free to reply to this post. :)

Last edited:
CPU is 6700K at 4.6Ghz. i think it should work?
For now, made similar settings and fps gets capped at 45. I was doing 90-95 without vr with post processing and all of the smoking and things.
Put the oculus tray tool to performance display to check if it's your CPU or GPU that's dropping below 90 fps.

CPU:
- CPU optimizations in custom shaders patch on?
- reflections to static?
- all non necessary overlay apps disabled?
- shadows to lower setting
- post processing quality a click down
- world details a click down

GPU:
- custom shader patch optimizations?
- disable everything that you don't need!
- reflections resolution and shadows
- use only 2x msaa and disable TAA in custom shaders patch

My settings when I had my CV1:

AC_VR_Settings_1.jpg

CSP:
- General: all default
- Graphic Adjustments: all disabled apart from the two "force low-res cockpits/drivers" and "adaptive clip planes"
- Windscren FX: active at default
- All other extensions disabled!!!
(not true, I enabled the FFB Tweaks at default :p )

Version 0.1.60

Last edited:
Hi there.
Soooo .... Any quick settings for an Oculus Rift CV1 (first gen) that is running on 1060gtx 6gb OC?
@Chris Down @Medilloni @RasmusP

Also, I did 4 laps yesterday night and got nausea. Does it go away with more usage?

Hi Rares,

I was terribly ill after the first time I used VR. Christmas day ruined!

Anyway the most critical things for me were to lock the camera to horizon in VIEW Settings and only do short stints at first. Very first sign of not feeling well take it off and leave it until next day. You don't want your brain to associate the VR headset with feeling sick.

Also, when you crash in VR or go into a massive spin, close your eyes.

Last edited:
Okay, the event on SGP is cancelled and the sign up list is now in post one :)

I believe the only people missing because I can't find them on RD are:
If you know who they are, please point them here :)

If I missed anyone -- that is, you expect you are signed up but are not in post 1 -- please feel free to reply to this post. :)
hi @Chris Down
did Bram not know how to get the e-mail address from SGP? would be good to send them an e-mail. If they are not registered in RD they did not have Premium. Means in the future this must be clarified.
hape

Put the oculus tray tool to performance display to check if it's your CPU or GPU that's dropping below 90 fps.
did that, but how do I interpret them?
App-motion to photon latency was around 40ms
Performance headroom was -100
Framed dropped where a lot and Compositor frame drop was 8 after one lap of RedBullRing.

the graphic was always at 45.

my settings are:
1604780355450.png

P.S. I should start usign monza for testing VR. At least it's straight ...

Last edited:
did that, but how do I interpret them?
App-motion to photon latency was around 40ms
Performance headroom was -100
Framed dropped where a lot and Compositor frame drop was 8 after one lap of RedBullRing.

the graphic was always at 45.

my settings are:
View attachment 418389

P.S. I should start usign monza for testing VR. At least it's straight ...
Sooo. I did find the problem. It looks like when I use a screen full of apps, i get 45 with the settings above. If I use a HUD without any app, I get 90fps with drops to 87 without Shaders Patch and 90fps with drops to 45fps when using CSP, I haver to fiddle more with settings, because at least a tyre consumption and a time with the one behind I need to have on the screen.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.8%