AC GT3 @ Red Bull Ring - Sunday 8th November 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
So just to make it clear for me... i will join the server in asseto corsa just as usual ? .. the simracing.gp is just to ease the process of joinning and collect data?

I also just noticed that mandatory pit still isn't implemented in SGP, which presents a bit of a conundrum. As people who were there to test it can verify, races with no mandatory pit are just 60 minutes of driving slowly for medium tyre management with no possible alternate strategy.

In the interim for this week, one possibility is to increase fuel rate enough that one tank isn't enough to complete the race. We can give it a go, but I'm worried people might practice offline and not notice that the fuel rate was set higher before Sunday. Another possibility is to do 90 minutes, but I know that might affect some people's availability. Thoughts on either appreciated.
Hmm, difficult. Increasing tyre wear won't do the trick because the hards will be an alternative, thus shifting strategy from softs/medium to medium/hards. Only if you set tyre wear as high that the hards won't last for 60min, you will force a pitstop, but then everyone will be on hards.

Increasing fuel rate so a full tank won't be enough will do the trick but it should be calculated that the car that is the most economic will need at least 1 liter. So that means extra work for the organiser.
The cars that consume the most like the SGC will have the disadvantage that their pitstop (without tyre change) will take longer.
Also the cars with tyre change strategy will have to do some extra laps in the first stint to make sure that they can fill the tank enough to last till the end.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how everyone is going to deal with it. About your worries for practising offline, well if you make sure in the communication that there will be an increased fuel rate and with which percentage than the drivers will get used to it and make sure they going to practise accordingly.

Last edited:
hi @Chris Down
oh thought you must have a RD account to see the event. If this is not the case it will be a race without rules. Thats not so good.
hape
PS if i look at the participants there are 3 i did not know (could you send them a mail to look at our rules?

To be clear, you need an RD account, but they may be an RD member that only discovers the race through SGP and doesn't know about this thread :)

hi @Chris Down
and beside how did they know without this thread that we use Teamspeak and not Discord as mentioned in the SGP thread?
I think the only way is (and as you wrote they are all RD member) to send them an email with this thread and explain our situation.
Han is right : its complicated :)
hape

To be clear, you need an RD account, but they may be an RD member that only discovers the race through SGP and doesn't know about this thread :)
Can you put a link to the RD thread in the SGP register page with a remark that everyone should read the opening post?

@Chris Down , I noticed that in the SGP configuration ABS is on 'not allowed' where we usually have "Factory" I believe. Will be interesting to see how that works out:D!

Last edited:
I assume the server is up because of Pat’s post but I seem to be having a bit of trouble finding it. I’ve used the search function in CM as well as the native online mode in AC. Nothing shows in CM and only the servers from the GTE/GT2 race from Wednesday show when in AC’s server list.

This makes me think that the server is not up but I wanted to post here just in case.

I have registered for the race on SGP with no problems.

Signed up for my first go in the SRGP platform.

I do like SRGP sign up procedure. Looks modern and efficient!

Fired up AC this morning before its nothing but sleep and night shifts the next couple days... But I couldn't find a practice server this morning so had to practice offline.
And that leads me to ask like @Binhajri asked, is joining the server the same as before SRGP?

If we can't regulate pit stops and can't confirm the factory settings like ABS are enabled, then I'm not gonna lie... I miss the ol format already lol... But signed up and still willing to give it a try

Well, it turns out that SGP doesn't currently allow values >100% for fuel rate, either. I've sent a PM to ask if they can enable that before Sunday. If not, I guess we'll host this week's event without SGP again and come back once they're implemented. I'll keep you informed :)
hi @Chris Down
would the 150% fuel rate due to more weight not also change the tyre wear?
hape

Last edited:
I wouldnt bother increase the fuel consumption. This just makes things more inconvenient for all the people knowing the rules.
Also I would change back to the "old" hosting until you can config the SGP server with 1 mandatory pit stop.

Also the global time app shows who did or didnt pit, so there is always a way to check.

Last edited:
Chris, what about increasing the race to 75 minutes? As an example, in the McLaren I tend to use 96 litres per hour (plus or minus a few litres depending on the track/drag...), so if I wanted to go the distance on medium tyres without a pitstop I'd have to start with a full tank (120/125 litres) & manage some flaky tyres towards the end of the race.

Note: The SCG uses about 120 lites per hour... so increasing the fuel rate by 50% would make it unfeasible.

P.S. Is it possible to change the car after the initial car selection?

Last edited:
Also I would change back to the "old" hosting until you can config the SGP server with 1 mandatory pit stop.

It's really not ultimately my decision to go the way of SGP, although @VernWozza has been kind enough to buy us some more time.

This Sunday's event will move back to RD hosting, although it might take me a bit to sort out the signups. Please stand by :)

Everything else I'll give as feedback to SGP folks.

Cheers Chris. I don't think anyone is against SGP. But before everyone is expected to move on there the basics should be sorted.
The issues with pit stop etc have been like that since day one and are known issues yet to be fixed.
We should be gaining features and ease of use not loosing them and causing additional complexity.
I hope the issues get looked at and sorted soon as some of the features of your racing profile showing progression and results are appealing.
But to have to do unrealistic things like 150% fuel or whatever to try force pitstops kind of flies in the face of simulation.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea