AC GT3 @ Red Bull Ring - Sunday 8th November 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry for incident after turn 1 and everyone involved. Had a good start but had to go wide to the left in turn 1 to be sure not to hit someone. When reentering the track there was little room and I had a slight contact which unfortunately threw me off the track and ruined my race.
After that gained a couple of positions and had good midfield racing as so many were on the same pace which was fun. Had another off as I had to hit the brakes hard in mid corner in the fast right hander to avoid crash as there was a fight between two others directly in front of me which forced me to spun.
Was a shame as P5 in qualy was ok. Hope for better luck next time.
Congrats to podium and thx for organizing. cu

hi
the connection problem is a very well know issue. @GEO147
Not sure what happened. I stopped as II thought the server had crashed for everyone. What you think of that Chris? Server issues but only for a few? Doesn't make sense! :thumbsdown:
we raced in Nürburgring and 3 of us (me too) lost connection. Its a great bug but that can happen. Sorry to hear that. But yes a few lost connectio the other drivers not - a mystery.
My race was good (the mistake in the last corner wasn't good but happened :) ). The start was a little bit crazy a lot of cars in front bumping together but i got thru it with only a few minor contacts.
So after all 5th place is good for me.
After Quali i have not a good feeling because i was only P13 (only a few tenth of P5 but the last position in the pack).
So good fight with a few of the midpack and a nice racing event :)
hape

Really good race for me at a circuit, I find challenging, at best, why I had a good pace I don’t know.
Could have easily got a good placing if it had not been for that, I don’t know how to solve it, of the Lamborghini, losing it, randomness. I am sure it is just that slight change of corner approach, and me not being on the throttle just for that important split second or being on it a split second too early. The back goes and I just cannot do anything about it other than watch that slow rotation start.
I am sure it is something most of you put up with, but being a Nissan GT-R driver, were nodding off to sleep mid-race is quite acceptable with no consequences, mid-engine, find concentrating for 50 minutes a challenge.
I can do many laps without any problems at all, then that one random loss of concentration, it's gone.
Hard looooong race with Stefan, mostly very enjoyable, not always very fair though, but turned out okay in the end for me.:(:)
Well done podiums, and @Chris Down Chris for the sometimes difficult organizing.
And a special thanks to all I came across for good racing, especially Mark Alan and Co.
Of course not forgetting @GEO147 for his impression of the red arrows mid-air acrobatics. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Thanks @Chris Down for organizing and congrats to the podium (at least two of them had to work really hard for it :p)

I've chosen the GT-R because I had no time to practice and already had an old setup for this combo. Problem was, that setup was from a different era and my speed has increased a bit since then. Therefore, the 20mins practice and qualy was fiddling around with the setup and trying to get a more stable car.

The race started ok. Gained a few places and after Chris spun, I was up to 2nd for some laps. But then, the old GT-R vs. "cars which can brake and turn" battle begun. I already went through this once here at the Red Bull Ring, holding off a 650s for quite some time. It's always the same, kind of funny, game. Gain an advantage in Sector 1 and defend it for the rest of the lap. Choosing the GT-R here always guarantees you some interesting battles, but ufff, seeing how late you guys were able to brake for some turns (especially T2) :confused: If the GT-R just had a bit better brakes it would easily be my regular Sunday car. Anyways, had great fun defending against the podium guys and of course the epic 20min battle with @FischBoB. A lot of painting was left back on the track :D For those battles I'm longing for VR or at least triples. Not seeing what's happening around you is a bit of a let down.

I lost connection to the server too Rares. I think maybe Luca did as well?

Yeah, I also lost connection. I also think my push to talk wasn't working properly, because I was trying to communicate and I got no answer. Tried to reconnect and promptly got disconnected again after two corners.

It's a bit frustrating because this also happened in Kyalami, another track I rather enjoy, and I was looking forward to a nice race with you guys after being too tired to race last week. Sadly it seems I will also have to skip next week's race due to a scheduling conflict.

Sorry for the lap 1 incident, @HF2000 . Got a way better launch than the car ahead, which then blocked me on the right forcing me to move to the left to find room to brake safely. Unfortunately I have no replay to check what exactly happened.

of course not. I can barely do 4-5 laps without nausea, and I still haven't figured it out how to add apps while I keep it to 90fps.
so 1 widescreen monitor for me tonight.

When you manage to hit 90 fps are you hot lapping or racing against AI?

When there are a lot of cars on the Grid (18+), I just use Crew Chief + the real time app. If I'm comfortably hitting 90 fps, I also use the map & performance delta.

You might also get a few extra frames by turning off the 'smoke in mirrors' (maybe off altogether?)

Last edited:
Yeah, I also lost connection. I also think my push to talk wasn't working properly, because I was trying to communicate and I got no answer. Tried to reconnect and promptly got disconnected again after two corners.

It's a bit frustrating because this also happened in Kyalami, another track I rather enjoy, and I was looking forward to a nice race with you guys after being too tired to race last week. Sadly it seems I will also have to skip next week's race due to a scheduling conflict.

Sorry for the lap 1 incident, @HF2000 . Got a way better launch than the car ahead, which then blocked me on the right forcing me to move to the left to find room to brake safely. Unfortunately I have no replay to check what exactly happened.
No problem Luca. It was not your fault or mine. I watched the replay. We both went for the gap in the middle at the same time. A clear example of a race incident, I would say. Pity you had connection problems. There were a lot of cars with roughly the same lap times so you could have enjoyed a lot of battles.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for coming out this week! We certainly had an interesting race this week :) As requested, next week we're at Mount Panorama for 60 minutes of GT3 action -- come join us! :inlove:

Thanks everyone for coming out this week! We certainly had an interesting race this week :) As requested, next week we're at Mount Panorama for 60 minutes of GT3 action -- come join us! :inlove:

Now that's what I call 'more relaxed'!! (not :p )

Really good race for me at a circuit, I find challenging, at best, why I had a good pace I don’t know.
Could have easily got a good placing if it had not been for that, I don’t know how to solve it, of the Lamborghini, losing it, randomness. I am sure it is just that slight change of corner approach, and me not being on the throttle just for that important split second or being on it a split second too early. The back goes and I just cannot do anything about it other than watch that slow rotation start.
I am sure it is something most of you put up with, but being a Nissan GT-R driver, were nodding off to sleep mid-race is quite acceptable with no consequences, mid-engine, find concentrating for 50 minutes a challenge.
I can do many laps without any problems at all, then that one random loss of concentration, it's gone.
Hard looooong race with Stefan, mostly very enjoyable, not always very fair though, but turned out okay in the end for me.:(:)
Well done podiums, and @Chris Down Chris for the sometimes difficult organizing.
And a special thanks to all I came across for good racing, especially Mark Alan and Co.
Of course not forgetting @GEO147 for his impression of the red arrows mid-air acrobatics. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Welcome Ernie! Nice and cozy back there after 1st couple laps. I need to get 2 seconds better, but it’s challenging.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.1%