AC GT3 @ Red Bull Ring - Sunday 8th November 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
:mad::mad::mad: ******* connection ...

I lost connection to the server too Rares. I think maybe Luca did as well?

Not sure what happened. I stopped as II thought the server had crashed for everyone. What you think of that Chris? Server issues but only for a few? Doesn't make sense! :thumbsdown:

Video below of what happened:

Last edited:

Not sure what happened. I stopped as II thought the server had crashed for everyone. What you think of that Chris? Server issues but only for a few? Doesn't make sense! :thumbsdown:

Sorry to hear about that :( It's probably a very short routing problem between the network the RD server is on and some part of Europe. Most connections can resume from that but AC is particularly bad at it (not sure why, maybe it does its own stateful handling which doesn't work so well?).

For now I'd call it a freak accident outside of RD control, unfortunately. I've seen it happen on SRS races before as well, so I assume it's something AC-specific when network events happen.

Last edited:

Yeah that was really weird, your car just took off and went flying from my POV. sorry for the bump btw, I was gonna let you by on the main straight but then you Just went straight offtrack, due to the lag.

From my perspective an "interesting" race. Happy with the win, but made way too many mistakes. My VR also froze into the last corner and sent me into a spin, sending the DRS sign into the middle of the track :O_o:

Either way, a win is a win, so I'm happy. Need to work out what caused the freeze for next week though. Thanks to @FischBoB, @640er, and @JohannesK for the great battles, and congrats to the podium! That was a lot of fun :thumbsup:

sorry eu gt3 practice 12 this is the one I get?
I'm sorry to hear that. You missed an interesting race. Did you try a refresh after typing 'raced'? Do you use Content Manager? It sometimes helps to close it start it again.

Last edited:
What a race. Could avoid most of the start carnage. Was dive bombed pretty hard corner 3 but thats racing I guess. Unfortunately, @hape spun in front of me directly into the racing line in the last corner. Couldnt avoid him. Lost a lot of time to get back on the track and my race was already over at that point. Down to position 12. Took me too long to get back on pace and to overtake the other cars. With all driving basically the same lap times between position 2-10 I was glad, I could manage to reach Pos 8 at the end. Had some quite intense battles with @Kek700. Sorry I I closed the door some times a bit too aggressively. Was fun to go through the positions with you. Without the incident I could maybe finish a bit further ahead, but it is what it is :D

See you all next week.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great race everyone! Hope I did a little better as a backmarker this time. Sorry about the slowdown on the main straight Chris. I heard my name...little else (the butt taps registered)...need to turn up the TeamSpeak volume. :)

If you'd have been able to hear me, you'd hear I said I was giving you a NASCAR bump draft ;) :p Hopefully it helped at least a little!

Great race again. Qualified 11th but at the start @Luca Badin and I went together for the gap in the middle on the right from Ernie. We hit eachother and I did a 180. So I was last (again) and about 8s behind position 17. But I had a good race with some nice overtakes and in the end finished 6th. It was a great grid tonight with similar pace of a wide midfield.

Thanks all for joining and Chris for organising (btw this was not exactly 'more relaxed' than Imola last week :p ).

Last edited:
Thanks for the great race everyone! Hope I did a little better as a backmarker this time. Sorry about the slowdown on the main straight Chris. I heard my name...little else (the butt taps registered)...need to turn up the TeamSpeak volume. :)

Almost had you @Marko77 but got spun-out right at the end and couldn't catch ya....ah well, way it goes.
Hey @boomRoasted. I tried hard not to make a mistake as you were catching me, then went off track. Thanks for giving me that spot back with that spin. Unfortunate, you had me there.

Thanks for the race. I always enjoy racing you guys and today I was really happy with my own performance too, it was nice to see my development over the last few months since we last raced in here.

Battling you was great @640er I really had to give everything to have any chance getting by you and then when it came to the pitstops I wasnt sure if I had time to change tires too. Luckily for me it was enough time, because I dont think I wouldve been able to overtake you again.

I hope I find enough time to race on here more often in the near future, now that germany is in lockdown again.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back