AC GT3 @ Red Bull Ring - Sunday 8th November 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hey all, I also can access the Simracing GP page but cannot select a ride. I was part of the beta test and retained my membership.
It looks like I can sign up for other events at Simracing GP......
I sent you an email with my email address Chris. Thanks

Last edited:
Just thought id mention that we will need to use Discord for this not team speak. People will need to set that up in advance as it can be complicated also.

so. I did some laps offline and my setup is just all over the place.
in all the corners it overrotates mid-corner and starts to go oversteer, but in turn 6 and 7 (Pirelli and Wurth) it goes understeer on acceleration.
any quick tip or just take some new and work from there?

Most telling is that those are a particular type of corner on this track: high speed corners where you're early on the accelerator. Try lowering the front rebound stiffness, perhaps, which should allow some more extension as you get on the throttle.

I also just noticed that mandatory pit still isn't implemented in SGP, which presents a bit of a conundrum. As people who were there to test it can verify, races with no mandatory pit are just 60 minutes of driving slowly for medium tyre management with no possible alternate strategy. Hmm, let me think about what can be done here.

Last edited:
I also just noticed that mandatory pit still isn't implemented in SGP, which presents a bit of a conundrum. As people who were there to test it can verify, races with no mandatory pit are just 60 minutes of driving slowly for medium tyre management with no possible alternate strategy.

In the interim for this week, one possibility is to increase fuel rate enough that one tank isn't enough to complete the race. We can give it a go, but I'm worried people might practice offline and not notice that the fuel rate was set higher before Sunday. Another possibility is to do 90 minutes, but I know that might affect some people's availability. Thoughts on either appreciated.

hi @Chris Down
so that all drivers here are all grown-ups it must be possible to say everything is as it is in the races before. This can also be done in the speech before the race in Quali. And i hope as we know each other that no one than will not pitstop (also it is possible to check this after the race).
Also in the first post is Pit Stop Mandantory.

So race as usal imho

hape

hi @Chris Down
so that all drivers here are all grown-ups it must be possible to say everything is as it is in the races before. This can also be done in the speech before the race in Quali. And i hope as we know each other that no one than will not pitstop (also it is possible to check this after the race).
Also in the first post is Pit Stop Mandantory.

So race as usal imho

hape

We have people joining directly from SGP without ever seeing this thread who we don't know so well, so not sure that's going to work :)

hi @Chris Down
oh thought you must have a RD account to see the event. If this is not the case it will be a race without rules. Thats not so good.
hape
PS if i look at the participants there are 3 i did not know (could you send them a mail to look at our rules?

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea