AC GT3 Race @ Okayama Int. Circuit 1.0 - Fri 21Sep18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
nanco-rocks-551.jpg

This week the GT3's stay in Japan for 60 minute race around Okayama. There will be a mandatory pitstop between 10-50 minutes.

**The US is in Daylight Savings Time**

All premium members using their full Real Name in the forum, race servers and teamspeak can sign up for this event. We have limited slots so sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:
  • RACEDEPARTMENT.COM US GT3 Race #28
Cars: Drivers, see 2nd post in this thread.
Track: Okayama Int. Cir. 1.0 (download)
Fixed Setup: No
Pitstop: Mandatory Pit Window 10-50 minutes
Driving Assists: Factory ABS, Factory TC, Tire blankets
Jump Start: = Drive Through
Highly Recommended App: Helicorsa 0.7B Download

Schedule (US): Friday 21Sep18
Practice:
20:00 EDT (30 mins)
Qualifying: 20:30 EDT (30 mins)
Race: 21:00 EDT (60 mins)

Schedule (Other timezones):
Practice: Saturday | 00:00 GMT | 10:00 AEST
Qualifying: Saturday | 00:30 GMT | 10:30 AEST
Race: Saturday | 01:00 GMT | 11:00 AEST

Entry List

1. Bobby Pennington Ask me anything in teamspeak - McLaren
  2. Dirk Steffen - Dirkwagon
  3. Celtic Pharaoh - Ferrari
  4. Maciej Strzeboński Merc
  5. Calvyn White - TBD
  6. Neal Ches - SCG
  7. Maplelicious - Ferrari
  8. jven - McLaren
  9. By-Tor - Lambo
  10. Enzo Fazzi - Lambo
  11. Jean-François - Merc
  12. Jakal31 - Porsche
  13. Scottariffic - Lambo
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
UTP # 45 BP

Last edited:
RaceDepartment.com US Club Practice #36 practice server will be provided.

Drivers, car choice must be in by 16:00EDT Thursday to assure your choice so I can set the server. If you're late, you get what you get. Thanks for understanding.
A message to all Drivers
If you run off track, you have to check and see that its clear before you re-enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.
When entering the track from the pits stay off the racing line until you are up to speed and do not race on your out lap. Let other drivers by in qualifying.
On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car. Remember, you've made the mistake by going off so let them by cleanly.
Golden Rule
  1. Be 100% sure it's not your fault and just carry on like nothing happened and take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Play on the safe side and wait for the affected drivers, knowing 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a complete lift of the gas please if it is safe to do so.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in teamspeak. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

Dirk Steffen

Porsche Factory Jackass™
In order to display this post correctly you have to install this font type first (remove the ".txt" from the file name first).
[start of post]
PORSCHE
[end of post]

Attachments

• porsche.ttf.txt
    4.9 KB · Views: 274
There he goes again, old dirkwaggon, doing what he does,just thought i would say hi,and this is what my lastest fetish is,my new ride..
Nice looking ride Al:thumbsup:, bet that'll be fun in the pi$$in UK rain come winter:whistling:, great to hear from ya mate, hope you can join us for a race in the not to distant future:).... we do miss the BIRDMAN and his bird;)

There he goes again, old dirkwaggon, doing what he does,just thought i would say hi,and this is what my lastest fetish is,my new ride..
Looks good Al. I guess your ears are burning. We've been introducing people to the family and we always tell them that we're missing one of our main brothers:cool: Of course I tell them that you, the Convict and Krazy German are worse than 3 brothers fighting when we all get together:p but we also tell them that's it's all done out of love for one another:) Like Andrew, I hope we get to see you soon so we can rip the joint apart:thumbsup::D I hope you and your children are doing great and it looks like work must be going well for you. Take care buddy and we'll see you soon;)

Dirk Steffen

Porsche Factory Jackass™
Other side

Sooo ... all that sofa lounging, not showing up to spend some time with your buddies has gotten your ASS too big to fit inside a racing seat that you had to revert to the old ladies rolling sofa with the BIG saddle?

Did you get tired of BEING ridden by ZVZG (Ze Very Zuccezzful German) on the race track so you can be riding something yourself now?

I am happy Little Tweety found in life what is best for him and I am glad you are alright you old coot.

Please, with all that motorized big saddle sofa, DO STAY SAFE, we kind of miss you.

9335add0a17991a604ad9bc0dbbbaade.jpg

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
Hello Mr Bobby.
If I may I would like to take a slot please.
Not sure on the car yet. It's a toss up between the Audi and the lambo. They seem pretty good on default ish. I'll be sure to let you know before the race of course, if that's ok. Just need an hour or more to figure out which one. Ta.

Last edited:

Dirk Steffen

Porsche Factory Jackass™
@Dirk Steffen If you could take a look at the telemetry for the setup I posted and let me know what you think, that would be great. I'm a poor excuse for setting up a car in AC (more likely in all sims too).

Cheers
I spend 1h with your setup but I need more time as it is the very first time I set up the Lamborghini.
Here are a few quick observations from the first data:
- too high front ride height (you are giving away free down force at the front and actually make the front end aerodynamically unstable as it sits right at the top end and slightly exceeds the top end of it's efficiency window)
- set the car up lowering the front end by ~10mm (yes, that much)

Here are for a quick reference the rough ride height windows you should stay within with the Lamborghini Huracan GT3 for optimal aero efficiency of splitter and diffusor to achieve at least 90% aero efficiency):
F: 42-83mm
R: 45-72mm

These are initial rough direct measurements from telemetry ride height channels which are taken only from Kunos center line ride height channel (body roll is NOT taken into account here so you have to substract any body roll effects in ride height from the mentioned aero window - if you keep a rough margin of 2-5mm body roll differential per side you end up with pretty safe ride height windows - interpret your telemetry accordingly

- too much rear camber (this is the factor were you can still improve left rear tire temperature)
- too soft rear spring rate (leading to excessive ride height amplitude, exceeding your aero window hence the splitter data looking pretty bad)
- initial feeling regarding the rear aero (splitter), ride height, spring rate and rear tire temperature compromise I think you will have to either sacrifice tire temp for aero (looking into medium tires) or aero for tire temp, running a soft rear suspension and more rear wing that you would have to otherwise
- too much body roll (you run relatively soft ARB and relatively soft spring rates all around) this body roll increases tire temp (thus wear) as you run higher tire loads on teh outside tires (mostly rear left and front left) - this also exacerbates your camber situation as higher tire load is a result from body roll, loading up the corner outer suspension, hence leading to suspension geometry induced higher camber values than ideal, thus leading to higher temperature differentials across tire cross section thus leading to overheating of inner tire thread, and so on, ...

- slight improvements of chassis can be made with asymmetrical fast damper and suspension alignment corrections (not a huge impact on lap times - think 0.1 - 0.3s instead of 1 sec improvements)
- initial reaction to overall downforce figures and aero balance shows you could lower rear wing by 1-2 clicks (make this decision exclusively by feel what is comfortable to you as you have balanced your car in your setup nicely)

I did not look into gearing, car balance, etc as these are the very settings that are the most subjective as of driving preferences).

Focus your attention on aero (ride height) and spring + ARB settings - here you can gain / improve time / tire temps.

I shall be building a setup over the next days as time permits but now ... off to zzZZzzzZz ...

I was just wondering why I haven't been added to the list for this event. And then I realised you Americans sleep during the day.:roflmao:
Sometimes signups can be done a little later but if you have given a car and signed up in the thread you should be good.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 127 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 84 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 10.0%
  • €3001-5000