AC GT3 @ Monza - Sunday 24th May 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
What is the best way to try worn tyres? I would like to know how those behave but don't want to have to drive 30 laps before
If you're using content manger, press the 3 dots next to the tyre blanket option and you can select the tyre wear multiplier, but it would be like that for the whole time, I don't think there's a way of making them worn but then having a normal wear rate

Last edited:
What is the best way to try worn tyres? I would like to know how those behave but don't want to have to drive 30 laps before

@640er

I can get 31 laps from my softs with the Lamborghini, that was at a track temperature of 30 deg C.
With some setup changes, I am hoping for the same with track temps of 36 dec C
I shouldn’t be telling you this.:unsure:

@640er

I can get 31 laps from my softs with the Lamborghini, that was at a track temperature of 30 deg C.
With some setup changes, I am hoping for the same with track temps of 36 dec C
I shouldn’t be telling you this.:unsure:
Thanks good to know. But the question which remains is how driveable will the tyres be in the end? The app "ProTyres" calculates the end of life for the softs at around 23 laps. The mediums were somewhere above 50 (should be enough for the whole race).

It would be great to have the option to select the desired grade of wear at practice so that one could do some laps with old tyres to see how they feel. The numbers alone don't help much. Guess there is no shortcut to wisdom :)

2 years ago I hosted some races with the Tatuus F4. I remember driving some last laps with 20% left according to sidekick on the soft tyres.
It's slidey but if you maintain in control, definitely quicker than changing them :p

Spent tonight testing tyres. Softs were holding up ok but definetely getting worn and a bit slippy after 10 to 12 laps!

I was watching a guy practice laps tonight to see why I was 2 seconds slower on a hotlap. Disappointing to see him practicing over and over cutting the last part of the chicane to give himself max speed down to parabolica. As in going left side of the sausage kerb. Saving time and tyres :(

Pity there is a small minority using these tactics as 99% of people here stick to the club rules.

Looking forward to this , see you all on the grid :)

Spent tonight testing tyres. Softs were holding up ok but definetely getting worn and a bit slippy after 10 to 12 laps!

I was watching a guy practice laps tonight to see why I was 2 seconds slower on a hotlap. Disappointing to see him practicing over and over cutting the last part of the chicane to give himself max speed down to parabolica. As in going left side of the sausage kerb. Saving time and tyres :(

Pity there is a small minority using these tactics as 99% of people here stick to the club rules.

Looking forward to this , see you all on the grid :)
Send Chris a pm with the driver name and maybe take some screenshots. He'll be aware of this guy and if he does the same in qualy or in the race he'll get reprimanded :)
You might give a look at the guy in qualy too and and watch him on the race replay.

If we all be nice to each other but give some slaps on the wrists for unsportsmanlike behavior, the clubs are a really nice place to race!
Sadly ac isn't the best at detecting cuts and giving fair penalties so we all have to work together to keep it clean.

Not about blaming each other but when all people know that the clubs are a clean place and that bad behavior has consequences, 99% of drivers will be happy and positive about it and drive cleanly too :)

Doesn't the "lap cut" pop up if they do that?

On a side note, if you hit that sausage kerb just right, you get the car on two wheels :thumbsup: .....you know my priorities.

Unfortunately not. I'm not even that bothered about the running wide over the white lines but planned and blatant cutting the same corner is another thing.

Unfortunately not. I'm not even that bothered about the running wide over the white lines but planned and blatant cutting the same corner is another thing.

They must really cut the chicane. That sausage would send them out of control, they're not acutally doing the chicane then in my opinion.

Oops after doing another lap I see you guys mean the end of the chicane. I was mulling about the first left with the three sausages. But still, cheeky bastards.

Last edited:
Noticed that I'm the only 911. I have no desire to change for this race, and I was planning on sticking with that same car for a while whilst I'm still learning to be smooth, but I'm wondering if I should at least consider trying out another car? I'm looking for stability over speed in an attempt to improve my consistency if anyone has any suggestions? I'd be running the default setup as I haven't gotten into tweaking yet, mostly because I am still varying quite a bit from lap to lap and not sure if it would be a good idea to add another variable into the mix

Noticed that I'm the only 911. I have no desire to change for this race, and I was planning on sticking with that same car for a while whilst I'm still learning to be smooth, but I'm wondering if I should at least consider trying out another car? I'm looking for stability over speed in an attempt to improve my consistency if anyone has any suggestions? I'd be running the default setup as I haven't gotten into tweaking yet, mostly because I am still varying quite a bit from lap to lap and not sure if it would be a good idea to add another variable into the mix

Personally I would start with engine transmission layout you are most comfortable/experienced with and try out those cars. GT3 is a mixed bag of motors!

Don't open Pandoras box. If you start to try another car you have to try all of them :laugh:

Personally I would start with engine transmission layout you are most comfortable/experienced with and try out those cars. GT3 is a mixed bag of motors!

Well, to be honest my experience is really limited. Aside from playing revs in my youth, my sim racing stint only really started on the PS4 a few months ago after I borrowed a PSVR and got loaned GTS. Ended up getting a wheel, but really missed the VR, so I eventually stumped up and bought a PC. In that game I mostly played with the ''vette purely because I liked the noise it made when watching it go past at LeMans :). The AC version drives a bit differently to the GTS one though!

@GeekyDeaks

My suggestion would be the Nissan GT-R for Monza.
Excelent straight line speed
Stable package
Good with tyres
Good braking
Terrible fuel consumption
Reasonable front end grip.
Run with wing at 5, get tyre pressures from someone, run it at stock. I would run softs but not sure what you are like with tyres.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea