AC GT3 @ Monza - Sunday 24th May 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
stupid question time. Does the online and solo track differ at all? I did a little practice last night and found a nice rhythm, but hit my usual wall. Fired it up today and starting hitting the same times in about 2-3 laps, then I noticed the practice server was up. Popped on and did a lap 2 seconds quicker immediately... just seems to have a load more grip and doesn't push like crazy when I apply the power

stupid question time. Does the online and solo track differ at all? I did a little practice last night and found a nice rhythm, but hit my usual wall. Fired it up today and starting hitting the same times in about 2-3 laps, then I noticed the practice server was up. Popped on and did a lap 2 seconds quicker immediately... just seems to have a load more grip and doesn't push like crazy when I apply the power

Usually when people say this, they're running different grip settings. For practice and race servers we run 100% grip, with 100% transfer.

My VR framerate was :poop: again - it's like trying to run through wet clay soil. I've come to the conclusion that my PC can't cope with large grids & as I don't want to spend any more money on my PC I guess it's time for me to drop out of the Sunday races. On bright side I get to play my other sims.:laugh:

Thanks for putting the race on & congrats to the podiums - whoever they may be.

My VR framerate was :poop: again - it's like trying to run through wet clay soil. I've come to the conclusion that my PC can't cope with large grids & as I don't want to spend any more money on my PC I guess it's time for me to drop out of the Sunday races. On bright side I get to play my other sims.:laugh:

Thanks for putting the race on & congrats to the podiums - whoever they may be.

Sorry to hear that mate. Have you tried reducing your VR supersampling? Many people neglect to change that when having problems like this, I've found, and it's one of the most GPU-hungry settings in there.

If that doesn't help, I'm sad to hear that. :(

Same problem as Patrick I'm afraid @Chris Down (except I've no vr:p), screen stutter was not as bad as it has been, but enough for my eyes to give up. Seems my old banger of a pc can take up to 26 - 28 cars then I get the dreaded cpu warning:(

I enjoyed the bit I did though - and thanks for organising Chris!

My VR framerate was :poop: again - it's like trying to run through wet clay soil.
After suffering from the same issue at VIR last week, I decided to try and run a test with AI first and this track was even worse than VIR, so I ended up just putting even damn thing on disabled or minimum. It looked really bad at first then I put AA to 2x with very little fps drop and all was good with an average of 84

That was best drive YET. Cannot believe it. No mistake and just lap after lap after lap ... I love Monza :laugh::laugh::roflmao::roflmao::x3: I've beaten all the guys I was looking to one year ago - @GEO147 @Kek700 @Medilloni @HF2000 - I'll count @Chris Down as well because DNF's are part of the game :p But I still have a lot to challenge, at least, @Aksu :(

@640er What a blast the first stint was :confused::confused: but I don't get that Lambo ... every time you shifted 4th and on it was like a rocket ship, even if I had the slipstream. Don't know if I could have ever passed. Nice driving.

P.S. For those who wondered why I was flashing after passing them, it was to say "thank you" for helping with the blue flag. I don't really like to speak, unless absolutely necessary, so I am doing that, instead.

Bit of a marathon race, I was already tired at the start as I had done electrical work around the house all day. Lots of DNFs too, so my final position feels pretty fake...

Sorry for the punt at Ascari Miika. In the moment I thought you would give me more space there, but watching the replay the overlap was pretty small, so it's definitely my fault. I didn't even want to send it, but I still braked too late to back out of the move.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 255 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 169 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 231 13.8%