AC GT3 @ Monza - Sunday 24th May 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Luca Badin no problem mate, thanks for the message! There was so many cars that those things happen. My qualifying went pretty bad and after the crash with Luca I dropped to P27. So I'm very happy that I made it to P8 even though I spun one time by myself. See you next week.

Last edited:
This week I decided to spin off to let Aki pass rather than bumping him ;) Also @stribbeck what happened mid race? You came out of the pits about 3 or 4 seconds behind me and I was sure you were going to overtake me, did you spin?

What a race really enjoyed that even got upto p9 at one point, we were keeping about the same pace but I did spin right in front of the top 2 cars as well just as I was about to be lapped (sorry about that), the soft tyres just didn't work for me spun again after that and the car was all over the place by the end of the race think ended up 18th.
Thanks for organising the event Chris

What a race really enjoyed that even got upto p9 at one point, we were keeping about the same pace but I did spin right in front of the top 2 cars as well just as I was about to be lapped (sorry about that), the soft tyres just didn't work for me spun again after that and the car was all over the place by the end of the race think ended up 18th.
Thanks for organising the event Chris
Ah damn, I think you would have caught me, i went 2x soft for 45 mins each and they were getting a bit sketchy after about 19 laps, I did some drifting round lesmo 1 and it was not enjoyable!

Ah damn, I think you would have caught me, i went 2x soft for 45 mins each and they were getting a bit sketchy after about 19 laps, I did some drifting round lesmo 1 and it was not enjoyable!

Would have been fun in the closing laps.
I can imagine that was sketchy i did about 35mins on mine, kinda wish I just stuck with the mediums lol

Thanks Chris as always :thumbsup: Need to get a decent rig, 90mins in my IKEA office chair are hard :D

Really happy with my consistency. 90mins, 1/0 wings and 0 spins :D P5 is the topping on the cake (@Luca Badin the Leaderboard never lies, especially when you are happy with the result)

@Raresch yeah mate that was fun. You were so much faster on the entries, braking much later than I could and you had much more speed in the curves, but luckily my Lambo could make that up on the straights

@Luca Badin the Leaderboard never lies, especially when you are happy with the result)

Oh, I'll take my P12, no doubt. Two places lower than my last result at Monza, but still, apart for that coming together during lap 1 and the resulting waste of time due to yielding back, I only had a single silly spin at Lesmo 1 (...that moment when you finally clear someone in front, then get confused when reverting to clean air :roflmao: ).

Congrats for the consistency, by the way. You're one of a few guys that seem to be faster than me, but not so fast than I couldn't match you if only I was more consistent myself, so I often take you lot as a bit of a benchmark. It hasn't worked out so well for me lately, but at least I'm having fun!

@Interslice, I got distracted a bit between 15 and 10 minutes to go, I really wanted to see how much of a margin you'd end up having on the pit stop time limit :laugh:

That was a very painfull looking spin after you passed me luca!

I got in 1 minute before the window closed with a half lap of fuel left. Slid through the poxy pit marker on the scaldy tyres and had to reverse a foot :thumbsdown: the concentration wasn't great tonight.

I think i need to find a straight line fast cruiser for nights like these.

My VR framerate was :poop: again - it's like trying to run through wet clay soil. I've come to the conclusion that my PC can't cope with large grids & as I don't want to spend any more money on my PC I guess it's time for me to drop out of the Sunday races. On bright side I get to play my other sims.:laugh:

Thanks for putting the race on & congrats to the podiums - whoever they may be.
I run VR as well, and I found that you can lower the settings more in Content Manager than in the actual game itself i.e. you can further decrease shadow resolutions and whatnot in CM versus what you can do in the in-game menus. That, or try using a service such as Geforce Experience if you have an nVidia GPU to shut down non-essential apps and optimize your PC performance as much as possible. I do agree that playing in VR is amazing but getting FPS can be a pain however :(

If all else fails, buy more RAM :roflmao: I found out that my PC fares much better with 24 gb (yes, weird amount, I know) instead of just 8... 16 is completely fine, I just ended up getting a weird deal after purchasing 8 gb when I built my PC.

@erazerr7 Congratulations for the win :) but in the future you could respect the track limit even a little.each round you cut and go wide in ascari

Sorry about that Henry, I was careful with that for a majority of the race but then with how much we were pushing at the very end and the state my tires were in I ended up clipping the sausage on the last little Ascari chicane and it sent me a bit wide a couple of times in the final laps... My bad, and congrats on the podium as well.

Same problem as Patrick I'm afraid @Chris Down (except I've no vr:p), screen stutter was not as bad as it has been, but enough for my eyes to give up. Seems my old banger of a pc can take up to 26 - 28 cars then I get the dreaded cpu warning:(

I enjoyed the bit I did though - and thanks for organising Chris!
Was wondering why I never got the usual harasment ;)
Pity

That was best drive YET. Cannot believe it. No mistake and just lap after lap after lap ... I love Monza :laugh::laugh::roflmao::roflmao::x3: I've beaten all the guys I was looking to one year ago - @GEO147 @Kek700 @Medilloni @HF2000 - I'll count @Chris Down as well because DNF's are part of the game :p But I still have a lot to challenge, at least, @Aksu :(

@640er What a blast the first stint was :confused::confused: but I don't get that Lambo ... every time you shifted 4th and on it was like a rocket ship, even if I had the slipstream. Don't know if I could have ever passed. Nice driving.

P.S. For those who wondered why I was flashing after passing them, it was to say "thank you" for helping with the blue flag. I don't really like to speak, unless absolutely necessary, so I am doing that, instead.
Nice Driving Raresch. You been waiting for Monza for a while. Now I see why.

90 mins was tough on the body after 6 straight hours working on my garden. But still really enjoyed it.
Had some strange spins on the final right hander where the car would just lock up the rear and spin. Think it happened twice, never took the corner any differently as far as I can tell.
Thanks for the race guys and to Chris for putting it on. Sorry about your game crashing, nightmare.

After giving every GT3 car a try I can conclude the following

Screenshot_2020-05-25 The Scroll Of Truth.png

That was best drive YET. Cannot believe it. No mistake and just lap after lap after lap ... I love Monza :laugh::laugh::roflmao::roflmao::x3: I've beaten all the guys I was looking to one year ago - @GEO147 @Kek700 @Medilloni @HF2000 - I'll count @Chris Down as well because DNF's are part of the game :p But I still have a lot to challenge, at least, @Aksu :(

@640er What a blast the first stint was :confused::confused: but I don't get that Lambo ... every time you shifted 4th and on it was like a rocket ship, even if I had the slipstream. Don't know if I could have ever passed. Nice driving.

P.S. For those who wondered why I was flashing after passing them, it was to say "thank you" for helping with the blue flag. I don't really like to speak, unless absolutely necessary, so I am doing that, instead.
Grats for your great achievement mate. The R8 is my most beloved car as well, so I'm very curious how you handled your tyres, which compound you used, and so on. Are you willing to share your setup and to tell your qualy lap time? I'm keen on learning something.

If I had had the opportunity to race this one, I had gone for the lambo. On the server I managed a 1:47:9as with softs. Not sure if it was very fast and if the R8 had been faster for me, so I'd like to find it out.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies