AC GT3 @ Monza - Sunday 24th May 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@nash112

Tyres are really a problem area in AC , because of such things as temperatures, pressures and wear.
Unfortunately these are very dependant on the driver, I had the advantage last week to directly compare myself to a fast driver
( This is normally very difficult to do for lots of reasons )
I noticed that he used his tyres far more than I did, which of course makes sense as he was creating higher cornering speeds.
So obviously his tyres are more stressed, but because he is such a smooth driver the effects on the above statement are minimised.
I usually watch other drivers drive and observe how the achieve their lap times, it can vary quite a lot.
So when you talk about running softs or mediums for a race, to a large extent it depends very much on the drivers application.
It is not just a case of being smooth or what ever, that does not decide on your lap times at all, but it will effect how you control your tyre temps, pressures and wear.:)
Just my observations, feel free to comment or be critical. Or just ignore :(

@Kek700 thanks for the detailed response, yes I’ve been watching other people’s laps and looking at setups but trying not to blindly copy or at least understand why they set up the car that way but I hadn’t applied that to my tyres choices, as you say I will have a different driving style to others which will affect my overall decision

Just to help you a bit further , I am running softs, and expecting to do 60 minuits on them.
I should run it and see if I can, just cannot be arsed to do it.
So will find out on the day. I am a reasonably smooth driver, so it may be possible, we will see.:)

Just to help you a bit further , I am running softs, and expecting to do 60 minuits on them.
I should run it and see if I can, just cannot be arsed to do it.
So will find out on the day. I am a reasonably smooth driver, so it may be possible, we will see.:)
& 30 min. with the mediums? :p

I watched one of Chris' videos @ Monza (2018 - jumped to the midway point) & I noticed that three of his soft tyres were yellow after 30 min., so I'm doubtful if I could get 45 minutes out of them.

Last edited:
@pattikins

That got me thinking if my strategy was wonky. :(
AI, 30 deg C track temp, admittedly a clear track, so no slowing and speeding up.
Set myself a target of 4/10 tenths of a second a lap variation, once outside of that or the car was starting to get skittish I stopped.

61 minuets.:)

@Kek700

I didn't realise that you'd changed cars, from the Nissan to the Lambo. John's drivin' one too. :cautious: I think a Lambo revisit is in order.

Ignoring the first digit, are you lapping over or under the saga threshold? I need to be under, as I don't want to be part of Chris' blue flag quota. :confused::laugh:

Are you tires red or yellow after 60 min - esp. 45min?

@Kek700

I didn't realise that you'd changed cars, from the Nissan to the Lambo. John's drivin' one too. :cautious: I think a Lambo revisit is in order.

Ignoring the first digit, are you lapping over or under the saga threshold? I need to be under, as I don't want to be part of Chris' blue flag quota. :confused::laugh:

Are you tires red or yellow after 60 min - esp. 45min?

Don't worry i'll be filling up Chris' quota by myself ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.