AC GT3 @ Laguna Seca - Sun 8 Sep 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I'm thinking about joining my first race here at RD! Keen to put my name down for this, but I've never actually run AC long enough for doing pit-stops etc. I'm sure I'll work it all out.

What would be a good first timer car for this track in AC?
Welcome our lovely little Club :inlove: I've put you down with Z4 :thumbsup:

Thanks @Medilloni for helping the guy out with the car and I most certainly agree that the BMW is the most Rookie-Friendly car to go with:)

In case you missed these handy tips in the Race post, here they are again to get you started racing with us:thumbsup:
  • Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
  • Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
  • Racing Club Rules: click here
  • Incident Reporting: click here
  • Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to setup teamspeak)

Welcome our lovely little Club :inlove: I've put you down with Z4 :thumbsup:

Thanks @Medilloni for helping the guy out with the car and I most certainly agree that the BMW is the most Rookie-Friendly car to go with:)

In case you missed these handy tips in the Race post, here they are again to get you started racing with us:thumbsup:
  • Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
  • Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
  • Racing Club Rules: click here
  • Incident Reporting: click here
  • Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to setup teamspeak)

Thank you - I really appreciate the warm welcome and help.

I've got Team Speak all set up - but do I need to select a specific channel on race day to be able to communicate?

Also - does anyone have a vague idea of how to set up fuel / pit stints for this race? Just run full tank and then come in when it's running low? Sorry about all the Q's - I'm very much a newbie!

Last edited:
Thank you - I really appreciate the warm welcome and help.

I've got Team Speak all set up - but do I need to select a specific channel on race day to be able to communicate?

Also - does anyone have a vague idea of how to set up fuel / pit stints for this race? Just run full tank and then come in when it's running low? Sorry about all the Q's - I'm very much a newbie!
When you open TS it'll put you in 'Chit Chat' by default (as you were when I took this screen shot!), so double click on Assetto Corsa and you'll be talking in the event natter channel - example below where my name is;)

Capture.JPG

For your race fuel/tyres you might find it easier to select your Pitstop Strategy before the race, otherwise you'll need to use your 'D Pad' to add fuel, select tyres etc, and on this track I'd guess it's hard to do (no long straights).

If you watch the vid I posted at about 47secs in, you can see he's showing you how to select strategies in your setup window, the 3 potential strategies you might want to set - please remember, if you leave your tyre choice as 'NO CHANGE', it means 'don't change my tyres', not, 'keep the same compound'... don't ask how I know that:whistling:

The clever guys (aka, not me) often work out they can, for example, do 3/4 of the race on mediums and fuel to that distance, then at their stop might go onto softs.... and other variations:O_o: I have the brain of an abacus so tend to go half and half and set an option to not change tyres if I think I can get to the end without, but always with an option to change tyres of course.

So, in your 3 potential pitstop strategies you might have 1) as half fuel again, new medium tyres, 2) as half fuel, no tyre change-they're-doing-great-thanks, and 3) half fuel and softs or hards, to choose once you see how the tyres are holding up, or not:p

Now you're in the race, you're happy to stop half way and you want the same as you started with, so you'll be on option 1 anyway. If you want to select a different strategy, use your D Pad to select it before you stop (you can do it in the pits I believe, but you'll lose time).

Hope that helps - and to others, please steam in if I've f***ed up:roflmao:

I am now hosting non-sim racing buddies for the NFL opener tomorrow. Sorry, but will have to find the next opportunity to join you all. GO Birds!

Damn I really dont get how to have any type of consistency over Corkscrew, its like the car is behaving differently every time I go over it. Im at +-0.100 second at every other section, but corkscrew is messing my consistency by +-1s, and thats if I dont spin out :D Definitely the hardest corner Ive encountered in my simracing career so far.

Damn I really dont get how to have any type of consistency over Corkscrew, its like the car is behaving differently every time I go over it. Im at +-0.100 second at every other section, but corkscrew is messing my consistency by +-1s, and thats if I dont spin out :D Definitely the hardest corner Ive encountered in my simracing career so far.
Your not alone in that, me toooo.:(

I always just aim for that 3rd tree and then turn in.
It is an iconic corner for sure*. The few GT3 races I've done here, I've either gone off on my own at the corkscrew, or taken out here - seems to have two very distinct lines; late in seems quicker but gives an easy overtake for anyone following, then the whole sequence is out of kilt for both of you.

If only I could take it like this every lap:inlove:

*I do apologise for saying 'for sure' I didn't mean to sound like a racing driver:p:roflmao:

That’s pretty much my line and entry, turning point too, the only difference is that driver is in control, with me It is a more of a luck of the draw, with the car bashing and crashing at all sort of weird angles, luckily I made it sort of experience.:confused:
Maybe I should drive with my head sticking out of the sun roof.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Good video John, will keep studying it, the penny may drop eventually.:rolleyes:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back