ACC GT World Challenge Europe @ Monza - Friday 15th May 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is the first event I've quit on.

Mostly because it turns out I suck at this track.

But also because it was literal carnage into T1, got pinged around like a pinball by people not understanding braking zones.

Got damage so decided to pit, and then someone in a Porsche was sat at the entry to the pitlane doing 0mph and basically wrote off my car.

2 and a half minutes later and I'm losing 5 seconds a lap having to get out of everyone's way.

Not a great Friday evening.

P10 proud of myself. No big mistakes besides missing a corner every now and then. No spins, no gravel visits (without being pushed) so really happy.

But guys really. We've seen so much crazy stuff happening again with blue flags today. People braking on the racing line on a straight, people stopping on an Apex, blue flags fighting the lap up cars and drivers just generally unaware that the blue flags are meant for them. The blue flag handling should be way way improved. Read up on the rules and keep in mind that we use Endurance blue flag rules!

Did not enjoy that at all. Wont be joining teamspeak next time as people moaning about blue flags (not to me) and being hit.
I got spun out on the first corner then a few laps later someone wiped out in front of me and i smashed into them. Pitted 3 times for a 1 stop race.
Then on the final 2 laps, a car which just lapped me spun out and spoilt my position gain I was working on for 3 laps.
For the people racing fair, thank u.
Pretty put off from joining future races

Carnage at t1, I did unfortunately tap the back of someone but then got shunted from behind also, tried to miss a spinning car on the next bend and unfortunately hit the grass and went flying across the track hitting someone else on the way, can only apologise for that nothing much I could do on the second incident I was a passenger.

Back to the pits to repair the car and was just a case of trying to get back up the field after that, quite enjoyed it 2 laps down managed to unlap myself but didn't fill up with enough fuel so had to stop again and lose them lol.

Last edited:
I'm out. People are too eager to pass in the first 5 minutes...

Seen you on the side of the road, sad to hear that you left i really wanted some revenge after Zandervort, seems it wasn't to be.

Ill agree, a lot of carnage in that race, that blue Porsche! ruined qualifying for me by punting me, then racing me under blue flags in my best position to date 7th O/A while being way down the order :confused:.

Nearly lost my 7th though as i hadn't fuelled enough and had to really coast the last two laps (from 1:49 to 1:55) and as i crossed the finish line the Bentley cut out! one close call for me.:roflmao:

So this is the first event I've quit on.

Mostly because it turns out I suck at this track.

But also because it was literal carnage into T1, got pinged around like a pinball by people not understanding braking zones.

Got damage so decided to pit, and then someone in a Porsche was sat at the entry to the pitlane doing 0mph and basically wrote off my car.

2 and a half minutes later and I'm losing 5 seconds a lap having to get out of everyone's way.

Not a great Friday evening.

Mod edit: Any issues with another driver should be over PM and not on the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
First time in online ACC, but definitely not the last.
Lot of things to get used to with a new sim, so as always there's a bit of a learning curve.
Like learning how much fuel to take without the help of 3rd party HUDs. :D
Ran out of fuel just before parabolica, and dropped a further 2-3 positions.
Ah well, P22 is still 6 positions up from my qualifying, so I'll take that and smile.

As for the carnage, it happens. T1 at Monza is always a sh*tshow, no matter what sim or for that matter IRL.
Picked up some damage because everyone just stopped due to a spun car. I tapped someone, got rear-ended in return and the guy who rear-ended me got rear-ended himself. :roflmao:

T1 aside, I didn't have any problems. Backmarkers did their best to stay out of everyones way, as did I when I got lapped.
Though granted, with my pace, the number of backmarkers I encountered was bound to be limited.

Sorry to hear that there where so much incidents down the field.

For myself I had a good race, was able to nearly match my best time on monza in qually as in race pace.
Did not make any major mistakes during racing, had only 3 moments with lapping people where 1 caused light damage but overall was fine.
My biggest mistake was pitting early ! The pit itself was crap 2 as I overshoot and had to reverse into position twice ! duhh noob mistake :cry: Then coming out of pits I had to fight people for positions as they still hade 20-30 min of fuel left. So overall that costed alot of time :O_o:
Nevertheless finished up 2nd which I am very happy with, never expected to come 1st as @speedyx56 :thumbsup: is just so damned consistent and fast !

So unlike some others I once again enjoyed myself on a friday night Thanks RD !

Last edited by a moderator:
I try to respect the rules as much as possible. I've had some cases where I couldn't stop, so I just took the grass, so that I wouldn't hit the car in front. Only one time I couldn't do anything, so I would like to apologize for that @focamagica.

Either way, I had good, even great battles around the 20th position. I really liked and quite clean, except for some small bumps in the first chicane. After my pit, I was 21-22 and I was looking for Malbran because he pitted before me, while in front, and I did not see him, so on the back straight after Ascari I've opened the tab menu so read more names ... but of course, I've ended up in the wall, with severe damage on the front so I've had to pit only after 3 laps ... lost so much time again :cry: I've exited 27 and there were 35 minutes of loneliness (how can you not race anyone with 50 cars on the grids? well, there were maybe 40 left, but still). Some occasionally blue and white flags, but I didn't race anyone, just the time and myself. 25 pos it's good, but I could have been so much better :(

Also, some questions about the game:
1. In the new customization menu, why can't I change my 3 letters? it always says and I can't change it PLY
2. When I go to Drivers Profile and press Stats, I can only see the times for the track. I cannot see the ratings. Is there a problem with the game? Because I would like to see the stats and what they mean, and not enter on the internet every time.

Last edited:
That's absolutely an acceptable behavior on track under the blue flags. Breaking on the main straight on the racing line you think is a safe idea? Very disrespectful driving from your side. If you are not prepared for the race better not disturb others.

I am terribly sorry for wanting to take part in the race.

I am terribly sorry I inconvenienced you so.

Perhaps you should understand that I pretty much permanently had damage, tyres constantly overheating so it was a miracle I kept it pointing in a straight line.

The second you lost (at best) will hardly affect your race.

Donno where to start. I've been simracing a long time ago, was waiting for weeks to buy a new steeringhweel, which I did last week. Ever since I've started practicing 30 laps every day. So I knew, with my 1:52 I would never keep up with the pace in front, so I was only focusing on not being a driving chicane. And keeping it clean in the first lap. I did on the first lap and was even standing still in turn one after the start.
Unfortunately in the end of the race I was so slow and my brakes where gone. I was the one spinning in parabolica, I have never spun there, I had to wait for a moment to cross the track save, that is the reason I was standing there so long.

So to whom it may concern; my my sincere apologies.
I'm sorry for the gold Lambo I hit at the end of the straight on lap 24. I really did not expected you to brake less hard then I did, I was braking to my max. I would like to see the replay of that.

On to the next clubrace at Kyalami, I will practice full races next week, and hope to do beter.

I'm sorry for the gold Lambo I hit at the end of the straight on lap 24. I really did not expected you to brake less hard then I did, I was braking to my max. I would like to see the replay of that.

On to the next clubrace at Kyalami, I will practice full races next week, and hope to do beter.

You rear ended me in turn 1 and della rogia on the same lap.

Never mind though, I was diconnected from the server 2 seconds after the second punt.

Thank you for your apology nonetheless.

Well, that was a nasty start wasn’t it?
I got caught up in the oh so inevitable turn 1 carnage, which put me a couple of place rom the back. Following that, I had a great clean race and finished 18th.
Another great night. Thanks to all involved and see you next time.

Perhaps you should understand that I pretty much permanently had damage, tyres constantly overheating so it was a miracle I kept it pointing in a straight line.

Don’t be like that, everyone should just say what pissed them off. I don’t know if it was you but Nik Babin and I had a 40 minute fight for the last podium spot, we were both disadvantaged several times by several drivers. It is frustrating.

Donno where to start. I've been simracing a long time ago, was waiting for weeks to buy a new steeringhweel, which I did last week. Ever since I've started practicing 30 laps every day. So I knew, with my 1:52 I would never keep up with the pace in front, so I was only focusing on not being a driving chicane. And keeping it clean in the first lap. I did on the first lap and was even standing still in turn one after the start.
Unfortunately in the end of the race I was so slow and my brakes where gone. I was the one spinning in parabolica, I have never spun there, I had to wait for a moment to cross the track save, that is the reason I was standing there so long.

Thank you for not taking back to the track facing the wrong way!
I know it’s the easiest thing to do but also the worst.

If your car is broken, damaged just don't drive on the racing line that is dangerous. I lost more than 3 seconds trying to avoid a huge crash. 2 seconds was the gap to the podium at the end of my race.

Its not the point how much seconds I've lost, its the point about adequate behavior and respect regarding other drivers. If your race is ruined please don't ruin other's race.

I've just watched your stream, so many crazy things are going on on the track.

I enjoyed it. Remember guys that this is a fun event. Of course we all want to do well but there seems to be a lot of unnecessary hatred.

Onto my race:
I didn't want to qualify high as I like to have fights on this track particularly so sat most of quali out. T1 was fun. There a Merc pointing in the wrong direction and I was in a middle of a queue of Bentley's standing still thinking to myself "what do we do now". Unfortunately a few laps later I got a wall after my own mistake and had to pit for repairs. I managed to hit some button and disable my pit limiter in pitlane so immediately got a SG30 which I served on the next lap. From there I just knew I had to make the tyres last which was not so easy in the initial temps. I didn't really have any serious fights after that but found all traffic cooperated pretty well. Unfortunately I was about 2 laps of fuel short after the early pitstop so had to stop for a splash at the end.
P26 at the end. Still, a very enjoyable 1.5 hours
See you at Bathurst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back