ACC GT World Challenge Europe @ Monza - Friday 15th May 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this will be my first online race, I was wondering about pit stops, especially with 50 drivers. At 90 mins, will we need to stop for fuel or tires? Thanks for helping a noob.
Both last week's and today's race had some people asking on Teamspeak so if I may give some advice :

Rules of thumb :

90 mins races :
- always faster with 1 full service pitstop. Some cars can do no stoppers (like the Bentley), but it takes so much saving on both fuel and tires that you end up losing out
- for dry weather, fuel will be in the 140-160 litres ballpark, depending on the car and the engine map used (ideally, you're racing in race map and not in qualy map :p )

60 mins races :
- no stoppers are faster (in case there's no mandatory stop)
- fuel in the 100 litres ballpark

On tire pressures : in these 90 mins 3x accelerated time we actually go through enough of a track temperature change that having different pressures at start and at pitstop does help a bit. In this race's case at start it was better to aim for 34°C track temp pressures, while after pitstop it was better to aim for 31°C track temp pressures. In my case it means +0.2psi on each tire at pitstop. Again it's not much, but everything adds up.
:)

It's gonna be interesting to have a race at Monza with 50 cars on track for a 90 minutes race. I'm happy with a 25+ finish, I don't expect a top 25 finish for me. Really looking forward.

What does x3 Multiplier means?

Next Friday's race is open for sign-ups!

Hi @Paul Glover unfortunately I will not be able to join to the race, please free my spot to another driver.

thanks
@Paul Glover regretfully I am not on condition to attend the event tonight :(, please sign me out.
Hell, I completely forgot about today's event. Please sign me out, I won't be able to attend.

Thank you for signing out, hopefully see you next time.

@KE55ARD @Jesse Rowland @Lars Hansen You are all on the grid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.4%