ACC GT World Challenge Europe @ Monza - Friday 15th May 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t be like that, everyone should just say what pissed them off. I don’t know if it was you but Nik Babin and I had a 40 minute fight for the last podium spot, we were both disadvantaged several times by several drivers. It is frustrating.

Thank you for not taking back to the track facing the wrong way!
I know it’s the easiest thing to do but also the worst.
And calling me disrespectful is acceptable behaviour?

The other 3 times he lapped me were without incident.
Yet one time he happens upon me at an inopportune moment and I'm the problem?

All race I am getting out of the way, lapped by every car 5 times minimum and no incidents.

1 corner with Nik and his knickers are in a bunch crying about it.

I am not disrespectful, never have been never will be and he should mind his manners.

If your car is broken, damaged just don't drive on the racing line that is dangerous. I lost more than 3 seconds trying to avoid a huge crash. 2 seconds was the gap to the podium at the end of my race.

Its not the point how much seconds I've lost, its the point about adequate behavior and respect regarding other drivers. If your race is ruined please don't ruin other's race.

I've just watched your stream, so many crazy things are going on on the track.
I still have to go around the track.

You still have some responsibility in this too you know.

I am clearly a slower car, I have no problems admitting it.

So clearly you also need to be mindful of others around you.

The closing speed difference (I'd already let others through) was vast, but I still have to take the corner.

Perhaps if you were more mindful that I cannot just disappear that wouldn't have happened.

Ok, from me it’s a ”call it a day” on the blaming... I did it too!
If we can all agree on some basic etiquette with endurance style racing so that not so many complaints are raised we will be golden!

Ok, from me it’s a ”call it a day” on the blaming... I did it too!
If we can all agree on some basic etiquette with endurance style racing so that not so many complaints are raised we will be golden!
I have no qualms here with anyone.

Not my first race and not the first blue flag incident.

However the attitude displayed is not appropriate.

I get it's frustrating, I have been on the other side of this and my race was trashed lap 1 but deal with it, it's racing.

1st corner shenanigans notwithstanding it was a great opening start to the race.
I qualified, badly as usual, in about 24th I think. Battled all the way up to I think 6th place on a long first stint, pitted feeling very happy with myself in a clear pit lane with only a single car in it... but guess where my pit box was, the same piece of tarmac... so I went inside a Bentley, oooer, and the pit direction advised to stop the engine. Nice, I stopped on my marks then, sat there for a while and suddenly realised that the pitstop was not actually happening... WTAF?!?
So I lost a bunch of time having to start the engine, moving backwards by an inch and then being told to stop the engine again... this time they started work, but I'd already lost so much time and needed a 36 second stop for the argy bargy at the start to straighten out some bodywork and suspension issues.
Straight out of the pits my pace was so much better and I got into the 49s for the first time, ever.
Had some very good battles but some back markers really need to understand that when a blue flag is waving, it's usually for them and not the faster guy a lap ahead of you coming up behind...
Seriously, it doesn't take much to look down at the positions to see that the names are in different colours right?

Also, I think the TS whinging about blue flags and issues out on track are pretty unrealistic too. Is there a way, on TS that, during the race, all cars are muted between themselves apart from directly to race control? (If possible to have stewards of course this couldn't work without them).
Then a faster driver can advise about coming up on a slower driver and the message only goes to race control who can then advise the slower car to give way at the next available straight.

Just an idea but also this should be easy enough for us all to understand seeing as we're all sim racers and most of us must also be fans of motorsport and know how the real drivers conduct themselves on track.
If not, just watch some of last years Le Mans 24hr and see how the faster cars are able to drive past the slower ones. There is a respect and knowledge there about the faster driver making the overtake but the slower driver lifting off, not braking, on the straight to allow the fast car to complete the pass.
The slower car should also keep in mind that he or she will now be in the slipstream of the car in front and must brake earlier at the next corner so as not to rear end the car that just overtook them.

Then we can all be happy ;)

Last edited:
Well, just my two cents on the blue flag thing:

From the RD Club Racing Rules:
"Do not alter your line or braking for a faster car behind you. Unpredictable moves have a way of ending the race for both of you. Let the faster car dictate when and where to initiate a pass, and only then assist by easing off of the throttle. "

From the SRO GT World Challenge Rules:
"SOLID BLUE OR BLUE WITH YELLOW DIAGONAL Warning: faster/lapping cars are approaching. Use Caution. Exercise sportsmanship & allow racing room. If waved, this signals that another driver is trying to overtake "

I mean, if backmarkers are actively fighting guys who are trying to lap them, then by all means drag them out and slap them with a damp herring.
But let's be clear, a blue flag does not mean "get the f*ck out of my way".

Furthermore, while everybody seems to have an opinion on how backmarkers should behave, stop for a minute and consider that maybe they don't have your skill or experience.
Club races are open for everyone, no matter their skill-level. And in many cases (incl. myself), they're a learning environment before one steps into more serious events.
Which means that people will make a complete mess of things every now and again.

Does it suck to be taken out by someone doing something boneheaded?
Yes, it does. I've been on the receiving end more times than I care to remember.
And yet the world continued to rotate on its axis. :)

Well, then my report.
Quali was not easy to find a free spot with that many cars on track. But in the end it was ok, P8 iirc. The race start was also ok so far. A lot of patience there and all tried to avoid each other. Then I had a Bentley in front of me, fighting with a Merc on the way to T3. I was coming in the slip stream but brake a bit earlier to them go in the corner. I think the Bentley missed the breaking point and pulled to the left to avoid the Merc. Sadly that wasn’t spot, so we touched and he spun out.
Sorry for that. Didn’t see it coming.
Next was a fight with a red/blue Merc who was faster but didn’t get a really chance to pass. Then also on the way to T3 he locked up, touched me (which caused some damage) but then waited after the corner to let me pass. Exactly how the RD rules say. Thumps up for that.
Later on I hab a couple of moments with backmarkers while I was catching up to a green Nissan. He had those moments also and I think that’s what he was complaining. Some situations have been really unnecessary.
The crash with the Merc cost me 5 seconds extra time in the pit. And if I calculate those 5 seconds and another 5 seconds because I missed the pit spot, I could have been fighting for P3. I was catching up to you guys.
in the end P5 and I’m pretty ok with that. A lot of fun on the track.

But let's be clear, a blue flag does not mean "get the f*ck out of my way".
This sums up nicely what I've been trying to advocate the last couple of weeks and what I am going to advocate even more the next couple of weeks during driving briefings etc. Our rules are in line with Endurance racing, where it is up to the faster car to do a safe overtake. Yes, that could mean that sometimes you will be held up for a second or two. As soon as the faster car moves off the line to initiate an overtake, then you should lift the throttle (note, lift, dont slam the brakes). If this is all happening braking into a corner, the backmarker just takes a wide line to allow the faster car through. Be predictable.

A great example happened yesterday btw, a pack of 4-5 cars was coming up to a backmarker, who went off the line before turn 1. To let us all through he ended up stationary on the Apex of turn 1, which is very dangerous (needless to say). By following the proper rules this could have gone way way better. (Or in case of Monza T1, just go straight slowly, wait before the pack passed before rejoining)

And to be fair, there also were guys properly following these rules yesterday, can't remember names but kudos to them.

Well unlike many others here apparently, I had a great race with a clean T1 and avoided pretty much all incidents.:thumbsup: Then there was a weird net code issue from another driver that gave me a bit of damage. I decided not to fix it in the pits and therefore struggled to keep @Piotrek Blaszczak behind and to catch @Ricoow towards the end. Was great fun though, I was really on the edge during this 4-5 car battle at times. Great racing! Until next time!;) (couple weeks, I got exams:()

Bit of a random question how to you deselect to fix damage etc in the pits stops? Can't seem to see what key to map in the options.
The modelled it quite funny in the menu. It is a checkbox but it handles like the scrolling left/right bars like tyres, fuel, pressures etc. But then with just 2 options, no and yes.

Just to have my 2 pence worth on this: ( I was driving the yellow Ferrari yesterday BTW )

Firstly though apologies to the red and white merc that I hit on lap 2 or 3 at the last chicane, I missed my breaking point and to avoid rear ending you I tried to cut the corner but caused you to hit me as I went passed into the gravel, sorry!.

As I'm not one of the quick guys and am learning as I go I find myself getting lapped by the majority of the grid, I try to follow the rules and I lift of on the straights when a faster car approaches, if they reach me when we get to a turn or a chicane etc the I get off the racing line following the exit, majority of the time it goes fine, but on the odd occasion it doesn't go perfectly, what I don't like they the attitudes of a few guys that clearly think the world revolves around them.
I had one incident coming down the back straight where the faster guy behind was using my draft but as soon as he got close enough to pass he started flashing his lights, so I swerved to get out the way only for him to also swerve and nearly go into the back of me, luckily no contact was made but at the time there was also a moan on teamspeak so assume it was that driver, from my point of view it was his actions that caused that, also a number of guys flashing their lights way before they are close enough to pass, basically wanting the slower guys to just pull up to the side and the them through, I've noticed this in races and a few of the streams I watched last week, remember that we are also racing, it might be for 40th position but we are racing!

To the few that have moaned about not having a perfect race because of slower cars holding them up or picking up a knock etc, it's racing, **** happens, in real life and in game, if you want a incident free drive go play practice mode on your own, if us slower guys didn't have to lift off to allow faster guys past then we would probably be 3 seconds a lap quicker also!! haha!

There are clearly a few guys that aren't following the rules though and battling against cars that have lapped them or doing silly things like stopping at the pit entrance! mistakes happen but don't do things you wouldn't do in real life.

99% of it is great but there are a few guys at either end of the grid that need to chill out.

I was enjoying a good race with u Dean until I moved for a blue flag and lost control. It was nip and tuck before then and also clean racing. Once I had damage I had to pit again and that was when my race went down hill. Also hard to concentrate when people are shouting BLUE FLAG down teamspeak. Ffs I thought it was supposed to be a fun race but too many wannabe pros in TS and the race.

have you verified files? Looked at logs?
Hi. Finally got it to work again. Couldn't find any logs so completely uninstalled game, deleted "my documents file" reset reinstalled and.... So far so good.

The only thing that surprised me (apart from working again) is that I had to register like a new driver starting from scratch. Online safety rating and everything. I would have thought this was linked to your steam account but it doesn't seem so.

Hope to see you all on track again and learn lots from all of you

I've seen a few posts in this thread so I want to respond and then I'm closing it, I want the final word here.

Firstly.

If you have a problem with someone's driving, do not out them on a thread. Be a gentlemen and message them privately, talk about it like the grown ups that we are.

Secondly.

This is a club event, not a league or a competition. It's supposed to be fun and inclusive, calling someone out for getting in your way or making an honest mistake will likely stop them and others from taking part. You are sitting there typing away your frustrations and then hitting Post Reply. It's not a spare of a moment reaction, you are thinking about what you're typing, it doesn't help the community. In fact it's the opposite.

Thirdly.

As this is a club event, you have people who are new. They are going to make mistakes. Yes, I know it's frustrating but I'm sure most of them feel bad about any issues they cause. So pack it in, move on.

I'll say again, this is not a league event!

Finally.

We will not have race control for these events, I want to take part in them too and enjoy my racing. I've had some bad experiences, but I move on and come back for more. Recently had some great races, but due to SRO planning behind the scenes I've not done any practice so decided to pull out.

I saw the 1st corner and it was horrendous, I get that people may become frustrated. But this thread is ridiculous and I don't want to see this bickering.

Any more behaviour like this and I'll stop hosting, it really isn't worth it. I have enough stuff to be getting on with at RD. You have been warned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 226 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 223 10.5%
  • < 4 years