AC GT (Rolling Start) Multiclass @ Nurburgring GP - Sunday 24th October 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hello all!

Starting from the qualify where an Audi was struggling to maintain the track in my front when it shouldn't even be there, this was already a warning of what tonight would be.

The rolling start from the perspective of not having bugs, went all right. Very boring, though, tbh, although I could make an overtake at the end of T1 (Mark), and after 6 laps, after the chicane, he took me off the track (on braking of last turn) and didn't await for me, and I think Lauri was behind him and off they went. From there, a really ordinary race, and from my perspective the GT3s, different from last Sunday, were very flustered overall, zero patience in awaiting a straight to overtake. Eventually Lauri appeared and we changed positions couple of times until the end of lap 26, when I think de Jong, a lap behind me, decided to give a try at the chicane and a Ferrari watching the mess couldn't wait for this and I became the stuff of a sandwich again and ended up spinning.

Now I understand what "a race to be forgotten" is.

Anyway, hope to see you guys next Sunday. Although I've said I couldn't be present, it might have a chance. Fingers crossed.

Thank you for the race!

--Fabiano.

PS: I had to return my friend's VR headset and tonight I was back to the single screen/opentrack-aruco setup. I really don't see the point in even being bothered in comparing VR with anything else (don't get me wrong, opentrack-aruco work flawlessly and I've enjoyed a lot for the time being). It's like comparing tube black&white TVs with full HD - you only understand what you were not seeing when you finally watch one. I'll write about this eventually.
Hello all!

Starting from the qualify where an Audi was struggling to maintain the track in my front when it shouldn't even be there, this was already a warning of what tonight would be.

The rolling start from the perspective of not having bugs, went all right. Very boring, though, tbh, although I could make an overtake at the end of T1 (Mark), and after 6 laps, after the chicane, he took me off the track (on braking of last turn) and didn't await for me, and I think Lauri was behind him and off they went. From there, a really ordinary race, and from my perspective the GT3s, different from last Sunday, were very flustered overall, zero patience in awaiting a straight to overtake. Eventually Lauri appeared and we changed positions couple of times until the end of lap 26, when I think de Jong, a lap behind me, decided to give a try at the chicane and a Ferrari watching the mess couldn't wait for this and I became the stuff of a sandwich again and ended up spinning.

Anyway, hope to see you guys next Sunday. Although I've said I couldn't be present, it might have a chance. Fingers crossed.

Thank you for the race!

--Fabiano.

PS: I had to return my friend's VR headset and tonight I was back to the single screen/opentrack-aruco setup. I really don't see the point in even being bothered in comparing VR with anything else (don't get me wrong, opentrack-aruco work flawlessly and I've enjoyed a lot for the time being). It's like comparing tube black&white TVs with full HD - you only understand what you were not seeing when you finally watch one. I'll write about this eventually.
Hello all!

Thank you for the race!

--Fabiano.

Hi Fabiano. Things were going ok and we had some great laps going. For some reason you car was jumping around and disappearing. Last turn, I saw you disappear and when you reappeared you were off track. I didn’t feel any contact. I certainly would have stopped if thought I ran you off. Sorry about what happened.

Last edited:
Hi Fabiano. Things were going ok and we had some great laps going. For some reason you car was jumping around and disappearing. Last turn, I saw you disappear and when you reappeared you were off track. I didn’t feel any contact. I certainly would have stopped if thought I ran you off. Sorry about what happened.
That's 100% Fabiano's connection issue I mentioned. Looks like it was going on and off the whole race then

Was a boring race, so thanks to Han for livening it up, and teaching me the splash and dash works well for the Porsche GT4.:thumbsup:
Bit marred by the second to last lap incident, just looked at the replay, really I was quite innocent really, almost, but Han had the worst stretch of road in racing history. First ran wide, then got all crossed up, lost a place, hit by a GT3 car, very naughty GT3 car, then got squashed by me in the corner.
To be fair to me, I find that easy to do, :unsure:I was hit three times to the corner, and that GT3 car really caused most of it.
Great race, learnt something into the bargain.
Well done Podiums and a special thank you to Brian for the organisation.
No problem with the rolling start. generally no problem with the GT3 cars.:)
Ernie, in the video of Frank I saw that it was my fault. I understeered towards you. Glad you didn't go off because at that moment I would have considered it a race incident and would not have waited. Congrats with your win. I had no change. You're becoming an alien with the Cayman.

You can watch your replay if you have one. 33:30 time on mine which starts at one minute before the red lights out. Look out for other cars "jumping" unnaturally. I'm pretty sure it was on your end because the Z4 behind me was fine. Could be wireless connection jitter if you were using one

My POV:

Z4 POV:

Han's POV in the end of the race:
How nice! Thanks for providing this. That's really weird though, because, in theory, then I should see your cars kinda behaving in the same way, and I didn't see anything like that on this race. Then I guess that probably explains what happened on the lap 6 and last two laps.

I think Demitri found the issue, and although I'm quite sure I had feedback from the wheel before I went off track, then probably the lag might have caused this. No worries at all. ;) I'll double check this here and actually ask for you guys on next race to give me feedback again in this regard. Thank you again!

All the best!

I always look at my Ping, it is on the main screen of all the race and setup screen next to your name, I also always have my FPS in the bottom right hand screen, although they are not linked it is quite often an indication of problems with your PC.
I have about 20 Ping, you can be at 50 - 100 and all should be okay, so for me if I see 50+ I sort of know by looking at everyone’s Ping if it is me or everyone else and then probably a server fault.:)

I always look at my Ping, it is on the main screen of all the race and setup screen next to your name, I also always have my FPS in the bottom right hand screen, although they are not linked it is quite often an indication of problems with your PC.
I have about 20 Ping, you can be at 50 - 100 and all should be okay, so for me if I see 50+ I sort of know by looking at everyone’s Ping if it is me or everyone else and then probably a server fault.:)
Me too. Trust me, after I caused a crash for a mate couple of months ago due to lag (assuming it was a PC issue because I had sometimes the "99% CPU usage" message) I felt it was just right to upgrade my PC (actually I've ended up buying a new whole thing). So FPS is not a problem (running with 100+ fps in a 60Hz screen). And ping is normally lower than 50ms as well but it can be something intermitent in my network so will check that next time. Would appreciate any feedback on that regard.

I had a similar thing with my internet provider, they sorted it for me with a better and more reliable connection, the speed was perfect, but the connection was unreliable. At least your PC is okay, and I did see your car taking off into the clouds like a plane. :D :D

Race report from GT3 group B ( the non alien guys still learning GT3:D).

Ever since Han said how well I was going, a few weeks back, I have been having some nightmare races. But last night I managed to get back in the groove and posted my fasted time around here in qualifying to give me P6 behind the super fast guys.

So my race was always going to be with Chris and Logan, and maybe Frank if he got through the GT4 guys. The rolling start went well from my POV, everyone seemed to be onboard with the rules and the front 5 drivers soon gapped me, leaving me to keep an eye on the GTR of Chris in my mirrors.
I managed to settle in to a steady consistent pace and that’s the way it stayed for the race really, some careful passing of the GT4 guys, I should have given Taj a shout as it seemed he was a bit unsure which way I was passing into the Michelin curve, sorry if I spooked you Taj, but I went wide, thanks for leaving me room to come back on track.:thumbsup:

I could see GT4 traffic up ahead on the 28 minute mark so took my pit stop which brought me out in clear air and gapped Chris, no dramas there and from then on in a realitively clean run to the end to finish P6. With 2 laps to go, Dmitry and Aki caught me and I moved aside to let them through giving me a grandstand seat for their last lap battle for the win.

As stated above, Fabiano was lagging which meant I gave him a very wide berth when passing, Hope you get it sorted, Fabiano, congrats to the podiums in both classes (Ernie had some impressive corner speed) and thanks to Brian for organising. The start obviously missed the tension and excitement of a T1 battle, but from my POV I think it worked well and avoided the sorts of incidents we saw at Bathurst.

Thank you for the heads up, although I really didn’t notice anything at all in the last four races. If others could confirm that it would be nice. I don’t think there is a way to recover techinical race data to check the ping, is it? By the way, I’m in the UK so lag shouldn’t be a concern.

Me too. Trust me, after I caused a crash for a mate couple of months ago due to lag (assuming it was a PC issue because I had sometimes the "99% CPU usage" message) I felt it was just right to upgrade my PC (actually I've ended up buying a new whole thing). So FPS is not a problem (running with 100+ fps in a 60Hz screen). And ping is normally lower than 50ms as well but it can be something intermitent in my network so will check that next time. Would appreciate any feedback on that regard.
Independently from your FPS, your "PHYS_LATE" counter can be an issue. When the counter goes up, the physics calculation was not completed within the standard tick rate.
AC physics ticks and graphics frames aren't synchronized. The graphics engine simply draws whatever is currently in the "physics buffer" basically.
And when the physics buffer contains weird stuff or old stuff and then jumps to fresher and accurate stuff in the next graphics tick, you will see jumping around cars etc.

To check:
"Graphics stats" is a developer app but the more important "Render Stats" can be activated without setting dev apps to active.
Check your PHY and PHY_LATE values.

AC_CPU_Limit_Start.JPG

I would suggest that you replicate yesterday's race with an AI grid so Nurburgring GP, 20 AI, random GT3 + GT4 class.
Make yourself start last, activate the Render Stats app and do one full lap. Then check your PHY_LATE counter!

If it's below 200, it's fine. But it could also be like 5000 and that would be bad :p

Independently from your FPS, your "PHYS_LATE" counter can be an issue. When the counter goes up, the physics calculation was not completed within the standard tick rate.
AC physics ticks and graphics frames aren't synchronized. The graphics engine simply draws whatever is currently in the "physics buffer" basically.
And when the physics buffer contains weird stuff or old stuff and then jumps to fresher and accurate stuff in the next graphics tick, you will see jumping around cars etc.

To check:
"Graphics stats" is a developer app but the more important "Render Stats" can be activated without setting dev apps to active.
Check your PHY and PHY_LATE values.

View attachment 512888

I would suggest that you replicate yesterday's race with an AI grid so Nurburgring GP, 20 AI, random GT3 + GT4 class.
Make yourself start last, activate the Render Stats app and do one full lap. Then check your PHY_LATE counter!

If it's below 200, it's fine. But it could also be like 5000 and that would be bad :p
Thank you for this comprehensive explanation! Just learned something new. :) I'll definitely give a try and will let you know how it went.

I really enjoyed that race last night. Had a great battle with Pat in the first stint. Couldn't find a way past his Cayman. Luckily he stopped for tyres so I gained a position with a nice gap. Had a nice battle with Taj in the second stint to get the bottom step of the podium at the finish.

Thanks to all who took part. I thought the rolling start went pretty well. It is on the safe side, but we'll see how it goes in the GT championship at the different tracks. See you next week :thumbsup:

I really enjoyed that race last night. Had a great battle with Pat in the first stint. Couldn't find a way past his Cayman. Luckily he stopped for tyres so I gained a position with a nice gap. Had a nice battle with Taj in the second stint to get the bottom step of the podium at the finish.

Thanks to all who took part. I thought the rolling start went pretty well. It is on the safe side, but we'll see how it goes in the GT championship at the different tracks. See you next week :thumbsup:
I'm trying to imagine how we're gonna do it for Nords and unless we use that 108 slots version with the grid moved all the way back to Dottinger I just can't

image.jpg

Im using the recommended version of CSP (0.1.60) at the moment. Im curious if i should be using a later version even though they're listed as buggy. Does anyone have any input on this?

Im using VR with an i7 processor and RTX2060 graphics card, in case it matters.

thx!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back