AC GT (Rolling Start) Multiclass @ Nurburgring GP - Sunday 24th October 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I beat my PB on Nurburgring last night in GT3. Only by a little, and I think there's more to gain. I will try to make it out more often. I have question about the rolling start. I understand it's in-line during the lap, but when we get to the S/F straight, will we line up in a staggered way, or are we supposed to remain in-line?

I beat my PB on Nurburgring last night in GT3. Only by a little, and I think there's more to gain. I will try to make it out more often. I have question about the rolling start. I understand it's in-line during the lap, but when we get to the S/F straight, will we line up in a staggered way, or are we supposed to remain in-line?

There just has to be daylight between you and the car in front going over the S/F line. It would probably help if you can see them but you don't have to be in line as such.

The issue with formation flying is you can't really see the car to your front and right in particular and they don't show on helicorsa until there is overlap. Not everyone has VR or massive triples.

True, but it's sad that SGP won't properly fix/investigate something which has been a repeated topic of discussion for over a year now, and doesn't bode well for AC on SGP in general.

I've already told them why this happens and even offered to help them fix it, but I've never heard back and the issue is still here.
100% agree. The AC community is great here and if it were to be treated as “second hand” it would be a real shame.

Hearing your frustration last Sunday was tough. I don’t know you personally, Chris, but you love sim racing and give a damn about it! It’s even more of a shame that you’re advice to fix an issue falls on deaf ears.

Long term rolling start could be fun on occasion for certain events, but having to use it for every event isn't going to work.
Understandable. Having to implement this and enforce it can lead to unnecessary headaches. Our split quali is one thing but a rolling start with possible new people is something else.

I'm all for rolling starts as long as I can, "alone", speed off into the distance. p01hgccv.jpg

True, but it's sad that SGP won't properly fix/investigate something which has been a repeated topic of discussion for over a year now, and doesn't bode well for AC on SGP in general.

I've already told them why this happens and even offered to help them fix it, but I've never heard back and the issue is still here.
IDK which issue you are referring to, but I mean you're a well-known sim racer on here, and if you know what the issue is, and how to fix it, and they're not responding... that's just not cool.

EU folks, the race is one hour earlier (by your local time) this Sunday than the last weekend, due to the DST switch

Do you mean next Sunday 31st?

Looks like DST will change in Europe Sunday 31st Oct and Nov 7th in the US. Should cause plenty of confusion :)

Last edited:
Do you mean next Sunday 31st?

Looks like DST will change in Europe Sunday 31st Oct and Nov 7th in the US. Should cause plenty of confusion :)
Yeah, my bad. I thought it was the 4th Sunday of October for you guys.
So it's next week then. Will that one start 1 hour earlier for you, or later for us? S.GP says 18:00 UTC which would've meant the former, but I don't know if I can really trust that

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back