AC GT (Rolling Start) Multiclass @ Nurburgring GP - Sunday 24th October 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. On Sunday 24th of October we're heading to the Nurburgring GP circuit! Join us for some GT multiclass action!!

Product may not be as displayed
Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members using their full real name in the forum, race servers and discord can sign up for this event. We have limited slots so sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Nurburgring-GP%2BF1Chicane%2BArena-03.117012ce87465035c03f2c56809b1b58.png

• Practice Server: #12 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: Simracing.gp - Frankfurt
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 DST (18:00 UTC) | 1 hour 20 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 DST (19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification (SEE POST #3)
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 DST (19:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Cars:

Kunos DLC is required for this event

GT3
GT4

Event details:
  • Track: Nurburgring GP (GT)
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (Between 10 and 60 minutes)
  • Track Temps: 20C air/26C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Damage: 10%
  • Jump Start: Drive through !!! NO CLUTCH ON MASERATI !!!
  • Rolling start - No overtaking on Lap 1 - See post 3 for more info
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the throttle pinned and pull back on track.
On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

• General guide too multiclass racing - Click here
  • It is the responsibility of faster cars to safely overtake slower cars. When a faster car is overtaking a slower car (a car in a different class), whether a blue flag is being shown to the slower car or not, the slower car should be predictable and remain on the racing line. The faster car should execute the overtake only when it is safe to do so.
  • If a faster car is lapping another car in the same class, the normal gentleman's rule applies; some cooperation may be required to facilitate the overtake, usually a slight lift at the start of a straight. Please be sensible.
  • Separate qualification runs will happen for GT3 and GT4 classes. First 10 minutes for GT3, second 10 minutes for GT4. GT4 cars must not exit the pits before 10 minutes have elapsed. GT3 must not start a lap after 10 minutes have elapsed. You may be kicked from the server by race control if you ignore this rule.
  • All other Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
Rolling Start

This week we will trial a rolling start. If it works out this could be particularly usefull for the upcoming championship.

RULES

• No overtaking and no overlap with the car ahead on Lap 1
  • The car on pole dictates the pace. Pace should start very slowly especially through turn 1,2 and 3 then slowly pick up, but it is up to P1 when he wants to 'go'
  • Full pace should not be until at least start of the third sector.
  • Participants to report infringements after the race

This is a gentlemans agreement.

Penalties for overtaking before or on the start finish line in a championship below.

There must be some daylight between your car and the car ahead when you cross the start finish line. i.e. No overlap

Small over lap - 5 sec penalty
Front wheel ahead of rear wheel - 10 second penalty.
Front wheel ahead of front wheel - 20 second penalty.
Rear wheel ahead of front wheel - 30 second penalty.

Penalties are cumulative for each car illegally overtaken

If a car goes off track with all 4 wheels off the road he can be legally over taken. That car must rejoin safely and carry on from his new position. No overtaking rule kick back in and applies again!

'Bolters' on lap 1 will be kicked.

Last edited:
And just one question, so at the start of Lap 2 for the rolling start, we do not drive side by side with the other cars like 1st next to 2nd etc? If the Pole care can start full speed in the third sector already, its basically 0 overtakes in the first corner when overlapping is not allowed before the start/finish line. Or will this just be a test to see if it works in principal and then add another layer of complexity the following race ?

And just one question, so at the start of Lap 2 for the rolling start, we do not drive side by side with the other cars like 1st next to 2nd etc? If the Pole care can start full speed in the third sector already, its basically 0 overtakes in the first corner when overlapping is not allowed before the start/finish line. Or will this just be a test to see if it works in principal and then add another layer of complexity the following race ?
Sounds more like a virtual safety car start rather than a rolling start. So I'd assume we don't maintain grid formation like you see in a kart race.

Let's hope everyone reads this thread and is on discord!

Last edited:

Not sure it will be zero overtakes in the first corner. I'm guessing some will escape, some won't.

@JamKart22
As there is no app and not everyone is using discord we can't really do the formation with a verbal cue to go.

This is probably at the safest end of it, a virtual safety car start more or less. If any one has an alternative system they have seen work with what we have in AC, please share.

Worth a watch...

I'll try to be less impatient in future

That's a good video, thanks Colin. I will link that in the OP from now on... (I'm sure it has bothered some, I am aware the thread opening posts have slowly become a wall of text. I will probably need to streamline it with links and such soon!)

I got the feeling over the last few races that GT3 drivers are still in the single class frame of mind, which is understandable with it having gone on so long. A bit of adjustment to the usual keep pushing habit.

The audi, mx5 races have always been multi class i think, certainly from very early on.

The biggest difference is the dynamic between the 2 classes. The audi/mx5 races are an excellent first step into multiclass, in that the audi don't really loose time in the slow corners waiting behind and can easily power past on any straight. The GT3 cars seem to be just a bit faster in all areas than GT4s, so it becomes a more difficult event for the faster class to manage. As the GT3 cars are all a bit different the GT4 cars will also effect a nissan or Lambo in different ways to a Mclaren or Ferrari. I could see on the conrad straight, the audi's and nissans were getting past alot sooner than the mclarens, who were sometimes struggling to make the pass before the kink!

Last edited:
There will be some due to people not realizing how much longer the braking is on cold tires after the formation lap and blowing the first turn

It will be interesting to see how it goes! If it becomes a bit dull, or on certain tracks like bathurst, we also have the option to use the other finish line, before the starting grid markers. Would give a longer run down to T1.

Glad to see this experiment happening. I have a good feeling about it as the blackout start from last week was…less than desirable.

The rolling start will be a nice learning experience and add yet another layer of immersion to our Sunday events. That being said, I’m quite sh*t at rolling starts. Is there an option in CM to allow rolling starts versus AI? I’d like to not absolutely clubfoot this one. :unsure::)

Last edited:
Glad to see this experiment happening. I have a good feeling about it as the blackout start from last week was…less than desirable.

The rolling start will be a nice learning experience and add yet another layer of immersion to our Sunday events. That being said, I’m quite sh*t at rolling starts. Is there an option in CM to allow rolling starts versus AI? I’d like to not absolutely clubfoot this one. :unsure::)

unfortunately that feature never made it into AC, same as driver swap

True, but it's sad that SGP won't properly fix/investigate something which has been a repeated topic of discussion for over a year now, and doesn't bode well for AC on SGP in general.

I've already told them why this happens and even offered to help them fix it, but I've never heard back and the issue is still here.

True, but it's sad that SGP won't properly fix/investigate something which has been a repeated topic of discussion for over a year now, and doesn't bode well for AC on SGP in general.

I've already told them why this happens and even offered to help them fix it, but I've never heard back and the issue is still here.

I havn't been involved in many big grid events but the original mid race server issue we had seems to have been sorted? I hope it has as this has given me some confidence that they can sort these issues.

I've reported bathurst and bremgarten light out incidents to steve, who has sent it to the s.gp dev. Hopefully he can sort this too. Long term rolling start could be fun on occasion for certain events, but having to use it for every event isn't going to work.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%